Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joey Hannan

Options
  • 22-02-2013 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Never done this before but it seems to be a popular one, anyone here doing it? What's the course like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I'm in for the sprint.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Not doing it, but I did it last year. 50m pool feels different if you're not used to it.
    Irc, the bike was windy but a handy enough route, a few hills but nothing bad, and the usual back road surfaces. A good few punctures last year, I hope they don't have thumbtacks on the route again....
    The run is around the campus, I liked it, good support and a varied route, and as its an out and back (almost) you can often spot teammates etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

I'm in for the Olympic. Around two weeks after I get back from training camp in Sardinia so should be in good form for it. Will be first proper race of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I'm in for the Olympic. Around two weeks after I get back from training camp in Sardinia so should be in good form for it. Will be first proper race of the season.

Echo, echo, echo.... :)

Echo, echo, echo.... :)

Oh i might have something nice for you to wear !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Oh i might have something nice for you to wear !

I've told you before those heels play havoc with my back!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭NorthernRaider

Thinking of doing this myself. Anybody know how they determine swim times, given different start times (e.g. If tenth in lane at start, presumably they adjust your time to reflect the gap between you and the first in the lane, which could be 90 seconds!?).

Does drafting make a big difference compared to doing the same distance solo?

I presume tumble turns are outlawed (but not in North Tipp sprint?).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

Thinking of doing this myself. Anybody know how they determine swim times, given different start times (e.g. If tenth in lane at start, presumably they adjust your time to reflect the gap between you and the first in the lane, which could be 90 seconds!?).

No Difference...all start at same time...up to yourself and other lads in lane to determine who is fastest and slowest...there will be 15sec gap at most between starter in lane and last in lane, if you can draft of someone fast and you can hold on it will make a bit of difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

I'm in for sprint... :D

• Advertisement

I'd think quicker, as of 1pm there were 45 places left !

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

I think the Olympic is actually full now! Signed up for it this morning anyway. I don't understand why it's so popular though?

I did North Tipp last year....tumble turns are not allowed. As far as I know it's against TI rules.

I think the Olympic is actually full now! Signed up for it this morning anyway. I don't understand why it's so popular though?

I can give you 45 reasons why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

I think put down a wrong time for my swim. Anyone know if its possible to change it now ?

I can give you 45 reasons why.

Aaaah right:p if its value for money you're looking for I strongly recommend north tipp sprint. 30 euro entry for a really well run race with very generous prize money. There was no official post race meal last year but the members of the hosting club supplied plenty of goodies (cake, bars, sweets, etc).

Aaaah right:p if its value for money you're looking for I strongly recommend north tipp sprint. 30 euro entry for a really well run race with very generous prize money. There was no official post race meal last year but the members of the hosting club supplied plenty of goodies (cake, bars, sweets, etc).

But thats a sprint, 45 for an Olympic is great value from a race thats known to be well put together and in a 50m pool

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭NorthernRaider

miller82 wrote: »
    I think put down a wrong time for my swim. Anyone know if its possible to change it now ?

From last year's briefing, it's not possible on the day, but I presume you could just e-mail the club directly (fairly sure there's a race contact on the website).

But thats a sprint, 45 for an Olympic is great value from a race thats known to be well put together and in a 50m pool

As it happens, I'm doing both:)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

Try joey_race_secretary@limericktriathlon.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Am in for the Olympic also. first race of season. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dchalky

Anyone doing the Joey Hannan Triathlon this year? Doing the sprint distance myself and it will be my first venture into triathlons.....any advice on the course or in general?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

in for the olympic. course is reasonably flat, no real hills around here. for your first tri, relax, enjoy it, don't worry about the time, soak it all in. don't go out too hard at the start of any of the legs .build to your pace.

did i say enjoy it?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

mossym wrote: »
    in for the olympic. course is reasonably flat, no real hills around here. for your first tri, relax, enjoy it, don't worry about the time, soak it all in. don't go out too hard at the start of any of the legs .build to your pace.

did i say enjoy it?:)

+1 on Mossym's comment above, just take it all in and don't worry about anyone else around you, and I think they have shortened the bike leg back too 20k it used to be 22-23k, they did last year anyway

Awesome - thanks for the advice.

Really looking forward to this now and definitely going to make sure I enjoy the experience......as long as I dont' get lost at any stage :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

Looks like the start time has moved from noon to TBC. Does anybody know the new time?

On the Limerick Triathlon website the wave start times are 9:00 for Tri-a-tri, 9:30 for Sprint and 11:00 for Olympic. Where did you see the time change from 12 noon to tbc?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

Did any one get an email from the Event ? emails are meant to be sent out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

on the same boat as your self, i put down 34 mins for Swim. clocked my self the last 4 weeks coming in at 25 mins.

but with 50Meter pool and not going all out on the swim, so i say i will stick to the time i have down and and just over take any one if needs being/

• Advertisement

Haven't got any race briefing yet - thought it was meant to be out today too.

Advertisement