Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joey Hannan

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dchalky

How easy is it to overtake/let people pass in the UL pool - just wondering if you loose much time being caught behind other people?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

dchalky wrote: »
    How easy is it to overtake/let people pass in the UL pool - just wondering if you loose much time being caught behind other people?

at the end of the lane people who are slow in front should allow the other person to go off first,

If you are quick enough you could swim pass them once no one is coming up the other side.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

at the end of the lane people who are slow in front should allow the other person to go off first,

If you are quick enough you could swim pass them once no one is coming up the other side.

Sometimes passing is allowed in one direction only. Should say at the briefing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Sometimes passing is allowed in one direction only. Should say at the briefing

This is what happened last year, except for the sprint they forgot to say in which direction. Led to a lot of close calls. Was sorted for the Olympic and from what I can remember you could only overtake coming back the lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

hi guys
    I do the Joey most years and I entered the event online at the time and got my order confiormaiton details.
    I usually buy the ODL (One day license) but this year I cant seem to get past the first page on the triathlonireland website, I keep getting the message "Please fill in the highlighted fields".
    I tried several times yesterday and I emaield TriathlonIreland about it yesterday but no feedback from them.
    I tried the buy the license again today, sitll no luck. I tried it several times today.
    THe website is https://www.triathlonireland-newserver.com/purchase-odl.html
    Im getting nervous now as the deadline for buying the ODL is approaching fast.
    Is anybody else having this problem? Can anybody help me, can I buy the licsne over the phone directly with Limerick tri club or from TriathlonIReland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Give TI a call they are the only ones who can issue ODL.

AKW wrote: »
    Give TI a call they are the only ones who can issue ODL.

Is there a phone number?

IM sorted now thanks!
    BB

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭toomuchdetail

Cracking day for racing yesterday , great show put on by Limerick , conditions were great albeit a little warm but it made for an enjoyable day out. Nice to get a marker in for the season ahead .
    Hard to fault anything about yesterday apart from things I can improve on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dchalky

Really was a great day for it and well run event too. We were lucky that the sun was only starting to come out as we headed off on the run section so wasnt' too hot on the bike and just nice for the run.

Delighted with the times for the first race of the season. Is this triathlon usually considered a 'fast course'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Great race & well run by Limerick Tri club as always.

My only negative was the long wait. Transition closed at 8:30 & the wave I was in didn't start until 11:55. Surely they could have a later transition check in for the people doing the Olympic race.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

PWEI wrote: »
    Great race & well run by Limerick Tri club as always.

My only negative was the long wait. Transition closed at 8:30 & the wave I was in didn't start until 11:55. Surely they could have a later transition check in for the people doing the Olympic race.

unfortunately with such a large amount of people racing it would be impossible as the 1st wave started at 9 and you couldn't have people trying to set up there gear while others were trying to get out on the bike course

Advertisement