Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube vids not playing on site

Options
  • 22-02-2013 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭

I'm currently experiencing an issue with Youtube vids embedded on the site.

If I click play, the video remains unresponsive - the only apparent change being any image contained within the window fades to black. If I click the video title it obviously links to the Youtube site itself (where the video streams without issue).

The only variable factor I can think of at my end is that I've recently upgraded to Win 8.

Just wondering if folks have experienced similar or have some idea as to what's behind this anomaly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'm getting the same but it's for all youtube vids embedded on any site I go to, not just boards. I'm on Windows 7 and using Chrome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

http://www.boards.ie/diagnostics

Please post the System/Browser details but do not post the IP address field :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I've just tried it using IE & it's playing fine

The problem may appear to lie with Chrome so.
    Operating System: Windows 8

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/24.0.1312.57 Safari/537.17

Your Browser

Javascript Enabled: Yes

Cookies Enabled: Yes

Java Enabled: Yes

Flash Version: 11.6 r602 installed

Your Resolution

Screen: 1600 x 900

Current Browser: 1600 x 775

Colour: 32 bit

Our Server

Date/Time: Friday 22nd of February 2013, 13:15:31

Name: www.boards.ie (pops)

LocalStorage

LS/SS Enabled: Yes

Followed Forums:

[]
    User Details

Username: Yamanoto

User ID: 542619

Moderator: No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

I'm going to close this one off, we don't have any boards-specific issues with youtube videos playing - all problems appear to be end-user specific :)

Danny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement