Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA GRADUATE VISA

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Does this visa apply to post grads as well or just under grads?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DUUUUFFY

I hope so! I graduated from my Masters there in October, and I'm looking to head over in the next few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 NiamhC007

Ya it applies to postgrads too! I graduated with a masters last October and i'm over here now on the 1 year grad visa!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Anybody in Chicago at the minute or planning to head there soon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Sorry to hijack the thread but didnt want to create another new one for a few questions.
    how were peoples experiences with SAYIT, USIT or the Boston centre, Im just wondering which is the best option to go with.
    For a graduate is it available for 12 months from when you finish or from when you graduate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

You can set your start date for the visa within the first 12 months from your graduation date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Is it suitable for graduates from all levels - i.e. Masters or PhD graduates?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭podgie.

yes PhD's and masters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Seriously considering heading over to San fran when i finish my computer science degree in May! Probably not until end of the year or early 2015 but does anyone have any info on where the best places for graduates heading over to find jobs are (newspapers, online etc). Id be aiming for I.T. of some description

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

Hi guys.
    Im just finishing up a masters in criminal justice at UL. I have a degree in Public Admin also. Im applying for jobs here at home but so far I havent had any luck so im thinking bout doing this .
    Im considering going to either new york or chicago but il be going on my own for definate. If there is anyone about who has gone on a graduate visa on their own could ye please make contact. I thinking bout this for ages but i havent done a J1 or been to the states and im dont really know where to begin researching it. I just dont want to apply for a visa on a whip, and wind up in the middle of Manhattan with not a clue of what to do with myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

Hey folks, this thread still active at all?

I'm finishing up my Masters in Interactive Media, so I'd be looking for design jobs most likely in Tech-y companies.
    Anyone have any advice on where's good to go to get a job and a good place to live etc?

Just any general advice would be great, as I'm in the early stages of looking into all of this and am quite flexible about where I go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Vinny123456789

Hey, is this thread still active?

I graduated from my undergrad in October 2015 and am applying for a two-year Masters in September and was planning doing a Graduate Visa after that, however I was in contact with someone from USIT and they said that the Graduate Visa may be ending this year.

Does anyone know if it'll be replaced with something similar or is the whole programme going to be axed? Also is there an age restriction on when you can apply? I was told by a friend that you can only apply if you're under 25 but found nothing to back that up - is that true?

Also, if anyone has any tips/advice on where to go for jobs History or Law, please send them on! Thanks!

Advertisement