Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mini LED indicator bulbs?

• 22-02-2013 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

Hi- have an r&g tail tidy on the bike, has mini LED indicators fitted with an r&g number plate light.

One of the LEDs in the right hand side indicator had gone, and the number plate bulb also.

Test coming up soon so all needs to be in order but not sure if a single LED can be replaced or where to get the number plate light-tried ebay-no luck.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

My test is also coming up soon and I ran into the same problem. Certain LEDs in my rear indicators where not working. Any bike shop I spoke to said the LEDS can't be bought individually, you have to buy the whole bulb as they are soldered in. They usually only come in sets of two.

It ended up cheaper for me to buy the set of two brand new indicators (Oxford Mini LEDs). €35 for the set in Ronan Pentony's up in Drogheda, at least that way have a spare too. As regards the reg-plate bulb, not sure if it's a requirement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

My test is also coming up soon and I ran into the same problem. Certain LEDs in my rear indicators where not working. Any bike shop I spoke to said the LEDS can't be bought individually, you have to buy the whole bulb as they are soldered in. They usually only come in sets of two.

It ended up cheaper for me to buy the set of two brand new indicators (Oxford Mini LEDs). €35 for the set in Ronan Pentony's up in Drogheda, at least that way have a spare too. As regards the reg-plate bulb, not sure if it's a requirement?

Thanks Hornswoggle. I've read on some forums that the the tester will turn you away with mini LED indicators, no number plate light or small number plates.

From what I gather, the small plate is an issue( will order a proper one for test) but not sure on what the position is with the mini indicators and plate light and a reflector. Some say if the mini indicators are 'E' marked then its all good. ..if anyone knows for sure can they post here, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Don't throw away the old light/indic. units. It should be possible to get suitable single LEDs from an electronics shop e.g. Maplins and solder them in.
    I need to do this job on my tail light - just no rush with it 'cos the unit has multiple LEDs.

Advertisement