Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Glenageary/Sallynoggin - advice please!

Options
  • 22-02-2013 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all,

We are moving to the area just off the Glenageary roundabout next month and I was wondering if anyone has any insider information that will help us in getting settled in the area.

We are a family of 3 - our daughter is 10 and goes to school in Ballsbridge. Unfortunately none of her school friends live in the area we're about to move to, so I am very keen for her to join local clubs or activity groups in dun laoghaire / glenageary to help make new friends in the area.

On a more practical note, any advice on good local GP clinics and dentists would be great, as well as any cafes, restaurants and shops that would be worth a visit. We are familiar enough with Dun Laoghaire town but I'm sure there are great local gems to explore off the beaten track!

Thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

For your Daughter, if she likes sports, Cabinteely Football club is great and it's only about a mile or so away from you in Kilboggit Park, now don't let the football club part of it put you off as it's run by parents and the ethos of the club is that everybody gets involved and everybody get a game regardless of ability, the focus with them is on fun and enjoyment and if they happen to win a game or two it's a bonus, she'd be made feel very welcome from the start and there are plenty of Girls around her age on the teams up there.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ms_OBT

That's great, thanks a lot - definitely will check it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

We use the Harbour clinic for our GP, at the bottom of lower glenageary road, they are very good.

There is a Girls Brigade troop in Dun Laoghaire with a number of lively/cheeky 10 year old girls, I can forward on details. That would be a good way for you both to make friends locally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ms_OBT

Thanks - that's very helpful indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

uch wrote: »
    Cabinteely Football club is great and it's only about a mile or so away from you in Kilboggit Park,
    There is a small playground there too, and basketball nets now (not a court) and a mini enclosed football pitch. Cabinteely park has a brilliant much bigger playground. I think cabinteely might have "fun day" type things/groups arranged for kids, I see the odd notice up on display boards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement