Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duffy's circus, Naas

Options
  • 22-02-2013 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

My wife & daughter are looking to go to see the circus this evening.
    Prices are astronomical to say the least, twenty odd euro for the wife, and I think she said fourteen for the daughter, (she's two)

In times gone by the circus usually gave half price tickets to local shops and businesses, so I'm enquiring if anyone knows where I could obtain some?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

We got two vouchers in through the letterbox, basically 1 child free per adult (not for all seating)

We are going, with seating in the grandstand. The ringside is dearer, previously too close for the younger ones and thus were afraid etc... So for 2adults + 3 kids =€48

W.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

The tickets are actually €4 off tickets and most of the shops around the circus area should have them.

Another thing just pay for the cheapest tickets, the view is pretty much the same regardless of where you sit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Slightly OT but I would just like to suggest that people dont go to Duffy's circus. Please dont use your money to support a circus that still features wild animals as part of its show. Animals do not belong in the circus.

Drogheda, Monaghan, Wicklow Town and Waterford are all in the process of banning circuses with wild animal acts.

No matter how well they claim to treat their animals, they are still forced to perform tricks for food and transported endlessly around the country in cages. They live entirely un-natural lives.

Why not go to a circus that features all human acrobats and artistic performers? Much more impressive :)

Edit - This page has some good info on why keeping wild animals in the circus is a bad idea all round. http://www.bornfree.org.uk/campaigns/zoo-check/circuses-performing-animals/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Slightly OT but I would just like to suggest that people dont go to Duffy's circus. Please dont use your money to support a circus that still features wild animals as part of its show. Animals do not belong in the circus.

Drogheda, Monaghan, Wicklow Town and Waterford are all in the process of banning circuses with wild animal acts.

No matter how well they claim to treat their animals, they are still forced to perform tricks for food and transported endlessly around the country in cages. They live entirely un-natural lives.

Why not go to a circus that features all human acrobats and artistic performers? Much more impressive :)

Edit - This page has some good info on why keeping wild animals in the circus is a bad idea all round. http://www.bornfree.org.uk/campaigns/zoo-check/circuses-performing-animals/[/QUOTE]

I feel it's MY decision if I want to go to Duffy's or not. You have no right to digress on the thread.

The OP complained about the cost, yet the 'do-gooders' want to take over the thread and try to spread their own gospel.

FYI, if I was not having overeas visitors, I would be going there, and bringing our 5yo Daughter with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Le_Dieux wrote: »

Edit - This page has some good info on why keeping wild animals in the circus is a bad idea all round. http://www.bornfree.org.uk/campaigns/zoo-check/circuses-performing-animals/[/QUOTE]

I feel it's MY decision if I want to go to Duffy's or not. You have no right to digress on the thread.

The OP complained about the cost, yet the 'do-gooders' want to take over the thread and try to spread their own gospel.

FYI, if I was not having overeas visitors, I would be going there, and bringing our 5yo Daughter with us.

I don't agree that the poster is in the wrong. I don't like circuses and can make up my own mind. Free speech within reason is the cornerstone of any Internet boards. I certainly don't feel threatened by any of the comments to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

...but it's also outside the remit of this forum, and this thread.

If you wish to discuss the animal rights issues, start a thread in the more appropriate places on the site

Advertisement