Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

truth

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Not quite the same deal as the Swastika, but I have a Soviet hammer and sickle tattoo, it does work in as part of a Type O Negative logo from a hoodie I have though.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThEn943XuAAwsW9I3tLyPlNAH9gU1EkhaTj39N2Q1C5DKN_IkxhA

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Im going to be honest here and say that Ive always wanted an Iron Cross tattoo...not because Im facist but because Im a Motorhead and Ozzy fan--both have used iron crosses in their artwork.
    That's not really Nazi though, the Iron Cross dates back to the 12th or 13th Century, and it's also used by the Bunderwehr now. Considering how hard-line the Germans are when it comes to Nazism now, that says a fair bit. Also, it just looks pretty sweet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Denny M wrote: »
    Not quite the same deal as the Swastika, but I have a Soviet hammer and sickle tattoo, it does work in as part of a Type O Negative logo from a hoodie I have though.

Ah Jaysus I've got one of those too, perhaps I should reconsider that holiday to Volgograd :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Maybe you should visit it on a Stalingrad day :P

I don't regret it in the slightest, I did history for the leaving cert and my study of Soviet history bordered on the obsessive. If I wasn't set on doing work with computers, I'd have probably tried some sort of a course relating to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I wonder would it be okay if i posted up the picture of the racist tattoo I mentioned im interested to hear peoples perspective on it. Even on facebook some are bashing whilst others are defending the artist etc. I myself amtorn but certainly don't think if the artist was against it would he post it in his portfolio for the world to see.

Maybe you should visit it on a Stalingrad day :P

I don't regret it in the slightest, I did history for the leaving cert and my study of Soviet history bordered on the obsessive. If I wasn't set on doing work with computers, I'd have probably tried some sort of a course relating to that.

Ha, I was actually the same except I went out and did the degree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I wonder would it be okay if i posted up the picture of the racist tattoo I mentioned im interested to hear peoples perspective on it.
    Please don't. I'd really rather not have to deal with any fallout from that. If people wish to see it, and you're agreeable, perhaps they could PM you for the link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

As an aside: I saw that Pete Steele died in 2010, it feels like he only died last year!

http://youtu.be/tWvh0jOiFw8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

i'd like to see this tattoo, as I have no idea what you are talking about. please pm so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

also want to see said tattoo

i'd like to see this tattoo, as I have no idea what you are talking about. please pm so.
    Arawn wrote: »
    also want to see said tattoo

pm sent :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

saw it. perhaps we can add him to the scumbag thread.

Ah now I have to see this tattoo, PM please anyone who's seen it?

P_1 wrote: »
    Ah now I have to see this tattoo, PM please anyone who's seen it?

Sent, if anyone wants a link to it feel free to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Can I have a link, please? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

That's a seriously fcuked up tattoo. :mad:

It's a strange one tbh.

As a tattoo it would be totally out of place but on canvas it could work as an interesting museum type piece

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

saw it. perhaps we can add him to the scumbag thread.

Now I'm curious :o Can I get a link sent please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭SunDog

Wet paint affect, can I get the link please?

A go on, let's have a gander at it.

I'm not too sure what to say - I'm not really sure a tattoo artist should judge or critique what a person gets inked, they should only guide them, but is there a line?

• Advertisement

Maire2009 wrote: »
    I'm not too sure what to say - I'm not really sure a tattoo artist should judge or critique what a person gets inked, they should only guide them, but is there a line?

You would have to imagine so if it goes against what an artist thinks or there own morals they would say no I'd imagine.

That tattoo would offend quite a lot of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭SunDog

The work at least is good

Thanks for the link Marty

I'll say one thing for it, the art itself is very well done. The subject though is horrible, and I can't help but think I'd never want to be around the person who would get it done.

Napalm Death (or Dead Kennedys I guess) said it best:

You would have to imagine so if it goes against what an artist thinks or there own morals they would say no I'd imagine.

That tattoo would offend quite a lot of people.

I 100% get where you are coming from but maybe the artist is one of those who is a live and let live? Not saying he agrees with the nature of the tattoo but doesn't feel uncomfortable doing it because to him it's just like a canvas he is painting, like if you asked an artist to do a painting?

Yeh his work is top notch which I think make it even more of a shame that he chooses to use his talent on works like that, I for one wouldn't be comfortable parting with my cash to have him tattoo me after seeing that no matter how good he is.

I 100% get where you are coming from but maybe the artist is one of those who is a live and let live? Not saying he agrees with the nature of the tattoo but doesn't feel uncomfortable doing it because to him it's just like a canvas he is painting, like if you asked an artist to do a painting?

That's an interesting way to look at things who would be the scumbag in this case?

a - The artist for doing the work?
    b - The person who wanted it tattooed onto their arm?
    c - Both?

It could be alright but even then why publish it to your FAcebook page for the world to see, it would obviously be controversial and never comment on it.

I know he was part of the tattoo art project on facebook and there website were basically it shows of artists who do brilliant realistic work because of some of his Nazi style tattoo. The person who runs it pm him a few times about them to no reply and I think when he finally did reply he wasnt to pleasant from what I can remember of the whole thing plus he has never commented on any of them on his facebook statin its just art or its what the client wanted etc.

P_1 wrote: »
    That's an interesting way to look at things who would be the scumbag in this case?

a - The artist for doing the work?
    b - The person who wanted it tattooed onto their arm?
    c - Both?

The guy who wanted it must be the scumbag. You'd only get a tattoo like that if you have very strong political and racist feelings. I doubt it's an ironic statement. I would not even like to look at it in the flesh, never mind get it.
    It could be alright but even then why publish it to your FAcebook page for the world to see, it would obviously be controversial and never comment on it.

I know he was part of the tattoo art project on facebook and there website were basically it shows of artists who do brilliant realistic work because of some of his Nazi style tattoo. The person who runs it pm him a few times about them to no reply and I think when he finally did reply he wasnt to pleasant from what I can remember of the whole thing plus he has never commented on any of them on his facebook statin its just art or its what the client wanted etc.

That is very true and if there are a lot of Nazi works on his page he's obviously not ashamed of them, or again he is just proud of the artwork. Perhaps he is just looking for the controversy? but judging by the detail in the tattoo he doesn't need it cos his work stands up on its own.

P.S. Just to let it be clear, I'm not at all defending him, just trying to look at it from another viewpoint. I have friends who are great artists and draw some bizarre things but they do it for the art, or to recreate something, its not cos they believe in the ideals they are drawing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Marty send me on the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Can I please see this too? Curious to see how "bad" it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement