Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Week 29 fixtures

• 22-02-2013 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Are all the below fixtures definitely on, or is the Arsenal v Everton or any other games at risk of been played on other game weeks?

Gameweek 29

Arsenal v Everton

Newcastle v Stoke

Norwich v Southampton

QPR V Sunderland

Readin v Aston Villa

West Brom v Swansea

Fulham v Chelsea

Liverpool v Spurs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

That layout makes my brain itchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

From my understanding
    Arsenal everton will be off if everton beat oldham next wednesday

Man city wigan currently has no date it could be refixed for mar 12/13 but theres a uefa ruling that league games arent scheduled for when CL games are on but this rule has been broken once last year. Man city forum reckon apr 23/24

Chelsea fulham to be off requires chelsea to beat boro on wed or potentially if that games a draw theres a feeling the replay would take place on Mar 9.

West ham man utd currently has no date again could be fixed mar 12/13.I also feel if Chelsea boro draw the 5th rd replay will be mar 9 meaning utds game against west ham could then potentially go ahead as scheduled.

Im assuming all games will be off and preparing accordingly for the next 3 GWs. For this GW Im making one transfer probably Cisse as he plays gw 29 aswell. No transfers next week. Two transfers for Gw29 where I will take out mata and fellani leaving me with 10 players for that week and no points hits. Gw 29 if these games are off are going to be carnage. No mata walcott fellani rvp nearly every team has these players add in another 2 players and most of us would be looking at being down 6 players.
    I hope it comes to pass to be honest as I reckon it will suit me but it could all be a lot of worry about nothing.
    Just seen on the chelsea website if theres a replay it will be mar 4/5 potentially giving chelsea mar 2 wba mar 4 boro mar 7 steau bucharest mar9/10 utd fa cup. 4 games in a week rafatation at its finest would be in action there.So utd will defenitely have there cup game on weekend mar 9.

This is a good read:

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2013/02/19/gameweek-29-the-fixture-fallout/

From my point of view, I'm hoping Everton get knocked out as that'd leave me with the bare 11. Otherwise I could have 8 players looking at my present team.

To summarise, the potential teams at risk of not playing in GW29 are:

Arsenal
    Everton
    Man Utd
    Man City
    Fulham
    Chelsea
    West Ham
    Wigan

So whats the likelihood of all these games being postponed?

Everton v Arsenal
    Assuming that Everton beat Oldham (tomorrow), then the Arsenal game is 100% off?

Man City vs Wigan
    Are we just waiting on the FA to release a date for this? It's possible this will still be played on March 12th/13th, thus staying in GW29.

Man United v West Ham
    Hard to judge, depends on the result from the Chelsea v Middlesbrough game this Wednesday

Chelsea v Fulham
    Too. Many. Variables

Seeing as I've sold RVP I want the United/West Ham & Chelsea/Fulham matches to be called off, as I only lose 4 players (+ Pog) meaning I would only need a 4 point hit to field 11. I could really do with Everton bottling against Oldham and City playing so I can use Zab and Walcott.

If all 4 games are off I'm royally f*cked, with just 7 players available...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

roryc wrote: »

Everton v Arsenal
    Assuming that Everton beat Oldham (tomorrow), then the Arsenal game is 100% off?

Man City vs Wigan
    Are we just waiting on the FA to release a date for this? It's possible this will still be played on March 12th/13th, thus staying in GW29.

Man United v West Ham
    Hard to judge, depends on the result from the Chelsea v Middlesbrough game this Wednesday

Chelsea v Fulham
    Too. Many. Variables

Seeing as I've sold RVP I want the United/West Ham & Chelsea/Fulham matches to be called off, as I only lose 4 players (+ Pog) meaning I would only need a 4 point hit to field 11. I could really do with Everton bottling against Oldham and City playing so I can use Zab and Walcott.

if all are off i'll have 7 players too, but 2 of them are goalkeepers so only 6 who can play.
    Unlikely to come anywhere in money leagues but want to finish as high as i can anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm hoping all games are left unscheduled. I've only 4 players missing so transfer Zabaleta out and I'm sorted.

I can't see why the City game wouldn't go ahead when they've no European football though, despite that directive that was quoted before.

Hopefully any cancelled games are then scheduled for later in the season, around gw36 would suit, to allow me to transfer in DGW players for then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm hoping all games are left unscheduled. I've only 4 players missing so transfer Zabaleta out and I'm sorted.

I can't see why the City game wouldn't go ahead when they've no European football though, despite that directive that was quoted before.

Hopefully any cancelled games are then scheduled for later in the season, around gw36 would suit, to allow me to transfer in DGW players for then.

Haha exact same as me.

I still have the wildcard, so hoping it was worth holding onto. Will probably use it AFTER the dgw if its on gw36.

Rory if everton win the game will be off as arsenal play bayern that midweek. The only variable for the chelsea game being off is chelsea winning they also have a midweek european game so cant be refixed. I read somewhere that the sunderland reading game took so long to be refixed earlier in the year as they were waiting for a midweek date that didnt clash with cl. The fact no date has been set yet would indicate this will happen again with regard to utd and city games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Everton and Oldham is scoreless at the moment. No sign of Fellaini due to an injury. Hopefully it's not serious as I need him for the Reading game this weekend.

Edit: 1-0, Mirallas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Everton and Oldham is scoreless at the moment. No sign of Fellaini due to an injury. Hopefully it's not serious as I need him for the Reading game this weekend.

Edit: 1-0, Mirallas

Bradley Johnston grazed him at the weekend and he lost the head over it but it didn't look too serious IMO.

• Advertisement

Yeah Fellaini gone to yellow in FISO. If it looks like he won't start I may have to make a move on Sissoko early.

Looks like Arsenal v Everton will be the first game confirmed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Everton v Arsenal

Man City vs Wigan

Man United v West Ham

Chelsea v Fulham
    Too. Many. Variables

The Man Utd and Man City games have been removed from the FPL site.
    Man City are playing in the FA Cup on the 9th and the Man Utd is down as being postponed.

So far the following teams are not playing:
    Man Utd
    West Ham
    Wigan
    Man City

An if the Everton game stays as it is (2-0 to Everton) then you can add Everton and Arsenal to the list.

If the Chelsea game gets called off it means I will only be able to field 7 outfield players (using a transfer) :(

Though most people will be in a similar position.

The City game isn't definitely off yet, it may still be rescheduled. The longer we hear nothing the less likely it is though.

And United prob depends on the Chelsea v Middelsbrough result.

The City game isn't definitely off yet, it may still be rescheduled. The longer we hear nothing the less likely it is though.

Both games are off.

According to Man City's website they are playing Barnsley in the FA on the 9th so that game is definitely off
    http://www.mcfc.com/Fixtures

According to Man Utd's website the game against West Ham needs to be rearranged, so that one is off too.
    http://www.manutd.com/en/Fixtures-And-Results/United-Fixtures-And-Results.aspx
    From the website:
    This fixture list was last updated on Monday 18 February 2013 following United's FA Cup win over Reading. The victory now means the league fixture against West Ham, originally scheduled for Saturday 9 March, will now need to be rearranged. The Manchester derby will revert to Saturday 6 April KO 12:45 should United reach the Champions League quarter-finals.

q2ice wrote: »

Both games are off.

According to Man City's website they are playing Barnsley in the FA on the 9th so that game is definitely off

According to Man Utd's website the game against West Ham needs to be rearranged, so that one is off too.
    From the website:

Yes both are off but could be arranged for the Wed of the same gw.

q2ice wrote: »
    Both games are off.

From the website:

You should read this, it's been posted a number of times - http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2013/02/19/gameweek-29-the-fixture-fallout/

City could play next Tuesday/Wednesday, there's nothing stopping them. It's up to the FA if they want to play them.

Utd know they play the winner of that game the weekend of gw 29.So the result has absolutely no effect on when the utd west ham gets refixed.As I pointed out earlier in the thread the games tom night potential replay is next mon or tues.

I'm basing this on FFS, which I assume is correct?

"If the first game finishes as a draw, then the replay will likely take place during the Gameweek 29 weekend. If Chelsea win at the second time of asking, their Sixth Round trip to United could then be rescheduled for the midweek of Gameweek 29, thus denying both clubs a league fixture"

Going by this, the United game may depend on the Chelsea result. I'm confused, are you saying the above is incorrect?

I'm assuming that the game could be rescheduled but because in the unlikely even Chelsea may draw then the rescheduled date would become unavailable, they will just go ahead and cancel for a later date.

I think the United game is almost certain not to go ahead but based on FFS it's not 100% yet.

I'm basing this on FFS, which I assume is correct?

"If the first game finishes as a draw, then the replay will likely take place during the Gameweek 29 weekend. If Chelsea win at the second time of asking, their Sixth Round trip to United could then be rescheduled for the midweek of Gameweek 29, thus denying both clubs a league fixture"

Going by this, the United game may depend on the Chelsea result. I'm confused, are you saying the above is incorrect?

I'm assuming that the game could be rescheduled but because in the unlikely even Chelsea may draw then the rescheduled date would become unavailable, they will just go ahead and cancel for a later date.

I think the United game is almost certain not to go ahead but based on FFS it's not 100% yet.

According to the united site the game is already rescheduled. And as the united site is official as opposed to FFS then its safe to say it is postponed.

Edit:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2284252/Chelsea-potential-fixture-crisis-draw-Middlesbrough-FA-Cup.html
    As the FA have ordered all quarter-final matches to take place on the planned weekend, it means the Middlesbrough tie must be decided in time for the winners to take on Manchester United at Old Trafford on March 10.

Ffs was correct at the time it was put up on the website .However 6days ago on the chelsea website a replay date of mar 4/5 was decided on.Its surprising chelsea have agreed to this as the may now b playing sat mon thurs sun. Ffs assumed because of chelseas europa lge game that chelsea wouldnt agree to a mon/tues nite replay date.

• Advertisement

Good news then I guess for those of us that have ditched RVP.

So what about the City game then, is this 100% off?

Ideal scenario for me is all three games off but City play.

Sorry lads long day brain frazzled. So Everton and Arsenal is off. Is United gme off too?

It would appear those two are confirmed off. So no games for United, West Ham, Arsenal and Everton.

There goes 5 of my players already!

Utd game is off but potentially could still be refixed for the midweek as could the city game. I dont think this will happen because surely it would have been announced by now. I read on the city forum that they reckon it wont be refixed till april. Arsenal everton is defo off.Chelsea win tonight or win on a replay that will defo bef off too. The main one I want off is utd

The main one I want off is utd

Agreed. At this stage I've planned for all four to be off and have my next 4 transfers planned. 8 point hit for next week then using my free transfer the following week if necessary to get RVP back.

Fellaini is throwing a spanner in the works though. If he's injured I'll have to get Sissoko in early. This won't mean any extra points hit than I was already planning but I think I would prefer Fellaini at home to Reading over Sissoko away at Swansea.

Agreed. At this stage I've planned for all four to be off and have my next 4 transfers planned. 8 point hit for next week then using my free transfer the following week if necessary to get RVP back.

Fellaini is throwing a spanner in the works though. If he's injured I'll have to get Sissoko in early. This won't mean any extra points hit than I was already planning but I think I would prefer Fellaini at home to Reading over Sissoko away at Swansea.

Id the same issue with fellani sissoko. Id planned to do it next week but puncheon not starting last weekend meant I did puncheon to sissoko this week.
    Everton asst manager reckons fellanis ok for the weekend. Will prob do fellani to michu next week or if he happened to be out will do it this week.
    What front 3 will you have next week? Im looking at cisse suarez sturridge involves me transferring suarez in for aguero. Will be getting rvp in for gw 30.

Id the same issue with fellani sissoko. Id planned to do it next week but puncheon not starting last weekend meant I did puncheon to sissoko this week.
    Everton asst manager reckons fellanis ok for the weekend. Will prob do fellani to michu next week or if he happened to be out will do it this week.
    What front 3 will you have next week? Im looking at cisse suarez sturridge involves me transferring suarez in for aguero. Will be getting rvp in for gw 30.

You got a link on the Fellaini info? Haven't been checking Twitter much.

Front two this week of Suarez and Lambert. Next week front three of Suarez Sturridge and Lambert. I'm looking at doing this ahead of GW 29, will only see me fielding 10 though after an 8 point hit:

jubzo1.png

Leaves me enough to upgrade Suarez to RVP if necessary. This isn't a guarantee yet as Liverpool's fixtures after Spurs are juicy, but if United have a DGW then RVP is a must. Also leaves me enough to upgrade Begovic to de Gea before any DGW.

Samba went down to £4.9m last night which is perfect, gives me some extra breathing space with Sissoko if he goes up before we have definite news on Fellaini. I can let him or Sturridge go up £0.1m now and still be ok for the above plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Neat plan Rory!

I am considering similar, but would have to rest one of sturridge or one of the elite midfielders for this gameweek . eg maybe Walcott.

So my solution would not be as elegant as yours:P

Also I am loathe to get rid of Suarez, have had him from start @ 9.5m, and it would be like a gaffer dropping his favorite player (in reality that is:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Arsenal & Everton double confirmed for Gw33

• Advertisement

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Arsenal & Everton double confirmed for Gw33
    which would make you think city and utd will not be on the midweek of gw 29 as surely it would have been announced by now.

Advertisement