Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reopen a closed AIB current account

Options
  • 22-02-2013 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I used to have an AIB current accounting but I closed it last summer when they introduced fees. Several months later I realise I have another account linked to that AIB one, so it would be really easy for me to be able to reopen the AIB account and transfer what I need to do. If I want to transfer to a new account there's a $60 penalty. I rang my old AIB branch and asked can I reopen my old account with the same accounting number and the woman told me that I couldn't and had to open a new account. I pushed her on the point and she didn't sound very convincing or confident in her response, so I don't fully believe her when she said it couldn't be done. Does anybody have any experience with reopening an account that's closed or if anybody knows 100% that if an account is closed it's completely dead and you can't do anything with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I don't believe they can be "unclosed". Certainly I've not come across it happening, though someone might have more recent experience.

Advertisement