Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want Windows Phone 8, what bill pay? Please help!

Options
  • 22-02-2013 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65,486 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I've been with Vodafone PAYG for 12 years and I'm happy with their service. I'm still on a first generation smartphone (Nokia 5800 with the Symbian OS)

Really want a Nokia Windows Phone 8 now (620 / 820 / 920) Here are my requirements:

- I don't need a lot of minutes per month (less than 100)
    - I don't need a lot of txts per month (a lot less than 100)
    - I do need free international webtexts (at least 200 a month)
    - I don't mind a contract, even a 24 month one
    - Modest data use, well under 1GB (I could probably live with 250MB)

My budget for the Phone is low (ideally less than €100) and my monthly subscription should be low too (ideally less than €30)

Can this be done?

Meteor comes close with a 820 for €49 and then a 18 month contract for €25 a month. Which is pretty good. But they don't do free web texts :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Vodafone and o2 are the international webtext options, so start from there. Tesco only give 50 international webtexts iirc.

Have you considered skype or whatsapp as an alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,486 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I started this thread just after I thought I found out that Meteor only did free Meteor-Meteor webtexts. I was wrong. They do free national webtexts (any network)

This last bit (any network free webtexts) is far more important to me than free international webtexts. I should have been more specific in my OP. I have free unlimited landline calls with UPC anyway and I don't need skype / whatsapp

I send nearly all my texts via my PC / laptop, more like instant email (not txtspk :)) if you know what I mean.

The Meteor offer is what I'm going for next week, provided they get the 820 back in stock :)

My problem is solved, thanks for your help. Mods can close now if they want :)

Advertisement