Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor UK 2013 (Main Thread - SPOILER FREE!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

<PEDANT>

Well, if only you'd said "Very close between the three at the freeze..."

:o:o:o:o:):);)

</PEDANT>

:D I thought including the word "three" was good enough :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

So Sam C barely escaped the sing off nearly every week before he left, despite many presuming he was doing really well in the votes due to his good looks and winning personality :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Incredibly close at the bottom each week too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I'm very surprised Tamera didn't do very well in the voting stats at all

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Sam Bailey 38.2%
    Nicholas McDonald 32.1%
    Luke Friend 29.7%

8% between top and bottom. I'd call that close.

Not as close as Little Mix and Marcus were, think that was about 5%

Interestingly enough, in comparison to other years, Sam got one of the biggest jump from the result on Saturday to the result on Sunday ~15%, just more than what Alexandra Burke got when she won it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

jaffa20 wrote: »

I thought she had it in the bag for the first couple of weeks! Especially the way the judges were talking about her!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The show needs Lulu Walsh back next season for sure

Right.

Well that's all for me (unless we get some big news). It's been great fun. Thanks for the company guys :o

See you next year!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I'm surprised he didn't hug Sharon when she was bawling!

It's been real, It's been fun, but most of all it's been real fun!! See you all next year!!

• Advertisement

I might have to start watching the XFactor again for this thread - Sam has brought me back into it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

If Simon doesn't know that already, I'll be quite surprised... :eek: :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I think it's the first year I didn't watch either of the final shows - delighted for Sam though!! She was my winner from the start!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Yiz all can report me again next year cause ill be back :D:D:D:D

A V A wrote: »
    Yiz all can report me again next year cause ill be back :D:D:D:D

It wouldn't have been the same without you :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

jaffa20 wrote: »

I think the audience saw through her tbh, very fortunate to even get past the first audition. All the media stories about her wouldn't have helped either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 OPENDRAWNOW

There are a lot of sad people about these pages. How sad a life do you have if you can quote all the stats from this years show not to mention previous years. Get a life x-factor clones - there is an interesting world out there and you wouldnt be making Simon Cowell and the telecom companies rich with your foolishly squandered cash.

Good joke on Mock the Week a while back
    If 8 is the answer what is the question
    The number of months the X-Factor winner should set aside for their career ...Boom boom

Mod: He/She has been banned, please stop reporting this post. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

There are a lot of sad people about these pages. How sad a life do you have if you can quote all the stats from this years show not to mention previous years. Get a life x-factor clones - there is an interesting world out there and you wouldnt be making Simon Cowell and the telecom companies rich with your foolishly squandered cash.

Good joke on Mock the Week a while back
    If 8 is the answer what is the question
    The number of months the X-Factor winner should set aside for their career ...Boom boom

What's sad is you sought out this thread just so you could slag people off. Big man behind a keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I just loved how Lulu when asked which acts of his he would like to manage and which did he feel would have longevity, he replied very quickly - Luke Friend, Gary of course jumped in and said Louis would also love to manage Nicholas, and then Sharon burst out laughing, saying "He's so UNpolitically correct" (about Louis) She hit the nail on the head, hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Luke had been busking and comes across as a "street-smart urchin", whereas Nicolas is that fairly sheltered school boy. Nicholas has a heavenly voice, but lacks the slickness needed to succeed. Who could be more slick than Michael Buble, with whom he is compared? Luke has that slickness in spades, but not as good a voice. Nevertheless, he has a grittiness in his voice, which will improve with age - so I think he has the better chance of succeeding in the Music, especially Rock, world. Good on Lulu that he is honest!

PS. I thought Lulu wearing the tartan trousers was a lovely touch.

The right person won. Congrats to Sam!

• Advertisement

What's sad is you sought out this thread just so you could slag people off. Big man behind a keyboard.

Forget about him. He'll be gone soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

OPENDRAWNOW banned permanently from the reality TV forum for trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Nicholas not happy with Louis or Gary it seems:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a538783/x-factor-nicholas-mcdonald-disappointed-with-louis-walsh.html

Some serious sour grapes there. He should count himself lucky he came in second, when there were better contestants knocked out before him and should be grateful for the opportunity instead of being ungracious about such minor things.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I read that today. I can understand him being disappointed by what Louis said but he shouldn't be biting the hand that feeds, as others have said. He didn't even deserve to get to the final, he should be grateful for that. He's doing himself no favours and his mother should know better. He's starting off his "career" with a bad attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Disappointed to see Nicholas' comments re Gary Barlow in particular - I know he's 'only 17' (!) but the bit about Gary never having liked him and insinuating that he judged him unfairly just comes across as totally immature. I can't see him having a great career anyway, but this sort of sniping is hardly going to get it off to a good start!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

yes as Cheryl Cole said to Cher be nice to people on the way up,cause you meet them on the way down.I think he will learn that at his cost.And to be fair Gary always spoke well of Nicholas but he has to get the idea out of his head that everyone has to like him.He wont last very long otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lulu always favoured Nicky over Luke :confused:

Lulu always favoured Nicky over Luke :confused:

I bet Louis is regretting that now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Even after Nicholas' worst performances, one good comment from someone would see him ignore all the negative comments, even if he knew it was a bad performance himself. Always thought that was strange. Now we know why, he doesn't take criticism well. He should have been taking it all on board and learning from his mistakes.

I agree with all the above posts. He was very lucky to be second even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

The boy can sing, but like Leon Jackson and Joe Mcelderry before him, hes not a popstar. And Im sure Syco dont want the hassle of another flop album like Leon/Joe/Matt.

Ill be surprised if he gets a record deal with a big record company

Advertisement