Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assignments

• 22-02-2013 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

This is just a thought!

I really enjoy the assignments, the current one and the last few have been great. My problem is that I only get time at the weekends for my photography.

What if we ran the assignments from Wednesday to Wednesday( still fortnightly) That would give us two full weekends to take the photos, get them posted and a few days for people to see them and vote.

To get round the delay from the winner choosing the new topic and posting it,
    the winner of this assignment gets to choose the topic for the one starting in two weeks time, so he/she will have plenty of time to think about what they would like it to be. We could also have a rule where you have one week to choose and post it up, which will give everyone one week to prepare.

As I said just a thought, but please let me know what you think.

Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Start a Wednesday to Wednesday Assignments thread and then we'd have another assignment to work on alongside the existing weekend to weekend one.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Lotsafish

Seconded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

The idea of 2 assignments running side by side was tried before and didn't work.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Start a Wednesday to Wednesday Assignments thread and then we'd have another assignment to work on alongside the existing weekend to weekend one.

It is not really a week-end to week-end one.

It finishes 2 weeks after the ' winner' posts a new challenge.

The recent contestants have been really good at getting their new challenges off the blocks quickly( and were lucky to have the previous one finish on a weekend)- but the assignments have started and finished on every day of the week.

I agree with Logie-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dacogawa

I'm 1 hour 57 mins late posting the winner & it all breaks down :rolleyes:

If the change works for everyone else I'd say do it. If it is to be Wednesdays only, so everything kicks off on time you would have to introduce the 'winner picks in 2 weeks time/decides 1 week before/entries start from 12pm' or something like that as Wednesdays might not be good for people to post (it's usually my busiest day)

Also why not run 2 assignment lists, I see Keps said it didn't work before but I cant see why it didn't (any info on this ?) people don't have to enter if they don't want to & if one dies a natural death it'll be because the masses favour 1 format.

Also I'm happy with it the way it is too, it's kind of nice the way it evolves to different days cause of with lazy winners lol

I'm good with whatever is chosen but do like the idea of 2 assignments at the same time. Just an idea if there were 2 assignments, if one is to a rigid timeline the subjects could be more rigid, more based on learning/expanding different techniques (like recently DOF & shutter speed) & the other can just flow along moving from day to day with pictures of flowers & decay...

Anyway, that's my 3 cent (a bit more than 2) I'll go along with whatever is chosen

• Advertisement

The current format works well overall-and has outlived other variations. So maybe the best option is just to stick with what we've got.

In the newest challenge I have set a Wednesday as the closing date.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056911328

I think the delay protocol is a bit too complicated - but if we all work together we can try out a Wednesday to Wednesday challenge:)

Advertisement