Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gym equipment

• 22-02-2013 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I recently placed an order online with a company based in Northern Ireland ,

Completegyms.co.uk

Web site looks very professional. Sadly they are far from professional. The first time I rang their sales number to enquire about my order I just got a hello. He hung up and when I rang back he mentioned the companies name. Anyway long story short I being trying to contact him for the last week with no luck. What are my options, I haven't received any goods, the amount of the order was €291 . I'm ringing their main sales number and it just rings out. Now my alarm bells are ringing. What are my options, I paid with my visa debit card and the order was placed on the 4th of February with a 10 working day delivery promise thanks.

I'm going to post this in some of the bodybuilding forums to see if any of them had dealings with this guy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Get onto your visa company and explain things to them. They're the intermediary like. No goods = no money can exchange. Up to Visa to sort that out.

€291 goes quite far on donedeal, if what it is that you want will fit in the back of a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭southeastg

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll ring them on Monday ,I was searching done deal for ages couldn't find what I was looking for. Is it a tradition in Ireland that EVERY household has to buy a treadmill , not use it and then sell it online?

southeastg wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply, I'll ring them on Monday ,I was searching done deal for ages couldn't find what I was looking for. Is it a tradition in Ireland that EVERY household has to buy a treadmill , not use it and then sell it online?

lol. Rowing machines and kettlebells are the current trend. Expect to see loads of them online this time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

squod wrote: »

lol. Rowing machines and kettlebells are the current trend. Expect to see loads of them online this time next year.

I placed an order with complete gyms last year. Tried contacting them a few times but no answer. Didn't receive any goods. After 30 days I contacted my credit card company. A few weeks later I got a full refund.

Thanks Kenny , I'll be doing the same on Monday , I don't want to slaughter this guy , maybe he is just doing his best to run a business at a tough time. Anyway surely credit card companies would have a bad debtors list to stop these companies being able to authorise transactions.

• Advertisement

Used to do a sales job. Bumped into a lad once with a warehouse full of equipment. Turns out the fella was literally too busy to talk to me , his customers and most people frankly. Lad was running a fledgling business and had two or three other jobs at the time.

That's why I'm trying not to be too critical of this guy . I'm involved in running a business on a day to day basis. I don't have to deal with accounts or any other admin things so I can imagine how easy it would be to get swamped with everything .

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

A couple of days after I received the refund they called me to say the equipment was ready for delivery. They were very quick to call then when they realised the money was gone. Bad management if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 DANG333

Had same problem with on lines sites bought some kettle bells from Alibaba. Went local and found these to be good and also no postage.

http://www.seanwhitefitnesssupplies.ie
    http://www.profitness-supplies.com/

Advertisement