Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Generic Free Agency Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
    Teams interested in Matt Hasselbeck: AZ, Buff, Chi, Cin, Cleve, Indy, NO, NYG, SF & Tampa,...and list could grow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The Baltimore Ravens are also negotiating with Dumervil, according to an NFL source.

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_22817281?source=commented-#ixzz2NvexfnOz

Hard to say what this means but it's reported by the Denver Post in the last hour

There is a coaching link
    Dumervil received a strong recommendation of skill and personal character from Ravens linebacker coach Don "Wink" Martindale.
    Dumervil registered his career-best and NFL-leading 17 sacks in 2009 while Martindale was his linebackers coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Raf32 wrote: »
    Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
    Teams interested in Matt Hasselbeck: AZ, Buff, Chi, Cin, Cleve, Indy, NO, NYG, SF & Tampa,...and list could grow.

What the hell?? New York Jets not linked to him!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

HigginsJ wrote: »
    What the hell?? New York Jets not linked to him!!!
    Hasselbeck wouldn't be a good fit for the Jets, being a competent passer and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Tennessee reached agreement on a two-year deal with former Bills QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Hasselbeck gone to Indy already apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Tennessee reached agreement on a two-year deal with former Bills QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Fitzpatrick is really in a do or die spot now. He has to beat out Locker over the season or he won't ever be considered a viable starter again, barring injury or Mark Sanchez-like performance by his team's QB1.

Hasselbeck confirmed. Great signing for the Colts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Syferus wrote: »
    Fitzpatrick is really in a do or die spot now. He has to beat out Locker over the season or he won't ever be considered a viable starter again, barring injury or Mark Sanchez-like performance by his team's QB1.
    Hasselbeck confirmed. Great signing for the Colts.

Agree on both, Hopefully now Locker has a bit of fire under him and kicks on, it was never that stressful having the the Hass behind you as you were the future of the franchise but now that another young QB has come in who could provide a starting option Locker needs to get his ass in gear.

Still.. sad to see the Hass go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,032 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is a great site to keep tabs on the cap and its updated everyday.
    http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/2013/

Colts announced that they have agreed to a contract with DT Aubrayo Franklin.
    Very good signing!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

San Fran just got the best Kicker in the business (again). But this guy is sure to work out better than Akers.

Goodbye Automatic Phil.
    Every Browns fan will miss you :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Ouch losing Franklin hurts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Molly wrote: »
    Ouch losing Franklin hurts

Damn :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

mikemac1 wrote: »
    3rd round pick and Superbowl winning running back Bernard Pierce is a client :)
    I stand corrected :eek:

• Advertisement

The Broncos have offered a revised contract to Elvis Dumervil - reports are that Dumervil is 'underwhelmed' by the offer. The Broncos appear ready to move on - visits for Dwight Freeney and John Abraham lined up for tomorrow. I would be surprised to see one of them walk out of Dove Valley with a one year contract - and I have to say my preference would be Abraham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Pollard joins the Titans with a 1 year deal.

AFC South looking really good, except for the Jags :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Wow.. very happy with this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

The Broncos have offered a revised contract to Elvis Dumervil - reports are that Dumervil is 'underwhelmed' by the offer. The Broncos appear ready to move on - visits for Dwight Freeney and John Abraham lined up for tomorrow. I would be surprised to see one of them walk out of Dove Valley with a one year contract - and I have to say my preference would be Abraham.

The fact that he hasnt taken any offer means he's not getting a great one from Baltimore either and Elway and co. know it. Should have had a better agent and he wouldnt be out so much money

I wouldnt mind losing him to Baltimore if we got John Abraham instead and could bring in Urlacher as well. Dream scenario...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

spiralism wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind losing him to Baltimore if we got John Abraham instead and could bring in Urlacher as well. Dream scenario...

You would want Urlacher?? :confused:
    I'd rather have Spikes then him, Injuries really have slowed him down.

The fact that he hasnt taken any offer means he's not getting a great one from Baltimore either and Elway and co. know it. Should have had a better agent and he wouldnt be out so much money
    Dumervil has just learned that his value is a lot lower thatn what he thought it would be.
    At this stage I really couldn't care where he ends up as long as we get Abraham - and I expect him to be a Bronco this evening - and then we draft a DE in April who can sit and learn how to play in the NFL (Tank Carradine is a possibility) - the Bear I'm not really pushed about.

Osi going to the Falcons. Not great replacement for Abraham

While not technically free agency the Buc's are willing to trade 2014 1st & 2nd round picks for Revis but Jets looking for picks this year

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000152568/article/darrelle-revis-reportedly-worth-firstrounder-to-bucs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Rochey18 wrote: »
    You would want Urlacher?? :confused:
    I'd rather have Spikes then him, Injuries really have slowed him down.

Spikes would be a good option too i'd have to say. Yeah, injuries have slowed him down but last year he had 68 total tackles, 7 defended passes, 2 forced fumbles and a pick 6. Brooking had 53, 1 forced fumble and a sack.

Fact of the matter is Urlacher is a HOF linebacker and despite injuries slowing him down he's still very effective and would likely be an upgrade. Not to mention his leadership qualities, the more locker room leaders on this team when it's lombardi or bust, the better

Mind you, Urlacher would want quite a lot i'd imagine, Spikes at vet. minimum would be fantastic business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Ed Reed being introduced to the Houston media tomorrow. 3 year deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Mind you, Urlacher would want quite a lot i'd imagine.

Probably 3.5 million.

I have just watched a few videos of Shaun Philips? Is he any good? where does everyone think he will end up? Would love him as a cheap option for the Colts to help that pass rushing game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

I have just watched a few videos of Shaun Philips? Is he any good? where does everyone think he will end up? Would love him as a cheap option for the Colts to help that pass rushing game.

Think he's done, was really bad for Chargers last year and not much better the previous year. He always gets sacks at meaningless times in games, never makes an impact play. Maybe if he was brought in specifically to rush the passer the reduced number of snaps would help him be more productive

OAOB wrote: »
    Think he's done, was really bad for Chargers last year and not much better the previous year. He always gets sacks at meaningless times in games, never makes an impact play. Maybe if he was brought in specifically to rush the passer the reduced number of snaps would help him be more productive

Cheers, sounds like he would be perfect as a back up to Mathis and on passing downs.

• Advertisement

DJ Williams signs a one-year deal with the Bears for $900,000 - a big comedown from the $6million he was due to receive before being released by the Broncos.

Dolphins making a pitch to sign Dumervil.

Zbikowski agrees to one-year deal with Bears

Peter King of Sports Illustrated has tweeted that Elvis Dumervil is trying hard to find a team who will outbid Denver's contract offer - with, it appears, little success. Baltimore's offer is less than Denver. Doom must be kicking himself that he didn't send his fax on time - the guy is probably down at least $4million because of his antics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Peter King of Sports Illustrated has tweeted that Elvis Dumervil is trying hard to find a team who will outbid Denver's contract offer - with, it appears, little success. Baltimore's offer is less than Denver. Doom must be kicking himself that he didn't send his fax on time - the guy is probably down at least $4million because of his antics.

No sympathy tbh

crying-money.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

He's gone to the Ravens now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He's gone to the Ravens now anyway.

Broncos offered more guaranteed money too, according to Lombardi.

Lombardi isn't a reporter anymore :)

Did you mean someone else?

Lombardi isn't a reporter anymore :)

Did you mean someone else?

Vic Lombardi, Denver reporter :)

:o

• Advertisement

The man of the moment:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgQPZBurdmgttx3sPjiePlEnEVC-oIMGWhvHFy9L6KJ3rgcR8buw

5 years 35 million for Doom

@SI_PeterKing: Very favorable cap cost to Baltimore on Elvis in year one: about $2.5 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Finally some good news for the Ravens. Pass rush could be very impressive next year with Suggs. We need the better rush too. Now we just have to sort out the middle of the defense.

Already sorted, Ngata will move to nose tackle and Cody gets dropped to the bench

Harbaugh last week:
    "We've played [Ngata] everywhere pretty much, and it's been more based on what we've needed to do based on the offensive line that we're going against or our situation personnel-wise," Harbaugh said Tuesday at the NFL's annual league meetings in Phoenix. "But the fact that we've added two guys that can play defensive end definitely marks the possibility he could play inside more."

McClain & Bynes are the middle linebackers, will be sorted in the draft

Already sorted, Ngata will move to nose tackle and Cody gets dropped to the bench

Harbaugh last week:

McClain & Bynes are the middle linebackers, will be sorted in the draft

Minter or Te'o in the first round of the draft IMO. Sorted.

5 years 35 million for Doom

@SI_PeterKing: Very favorable cap cost to Baltimore on Elvis in year one: about $2.5 million.
    That's interesting - it means that the contract will average $7million over 5 years compared to $11million over 3 years from the contract with Denver that Dumervil failed to complete.

It also means than instead of getting $11million this year Doom with get $8.5million.

If the contract has a cap value of $2.5million then his base salary for this year is $1million with a $7.5million signing bonus.

It will be interesting to see how much of the $35million is guaranteed - possibly only one year.

Dominoes will probably fall quite quickly now - Abraham to Denver, Freeney to the Pats and Umenyiora to the Falcons.

• Advertisement

If the contract has a cap value of $2.5million then his base salary for this year is $1million with a $7.5million signing bonus.

Yep, that seems to be correct according to reports

It will be interesting to see how much of the $35million is guaranteed - possibly only one year.

5 year 35 million, 12 million guaranteed

Kruger was 2 years younger and got 5 years 41 million, 20 million guaranteed as a comparison

5 year 35 million, 12 million guaranteed
    That would indicate that he is guaranteed $3.5million in year two. This then is really a two year deal with likely dead cap money of $4.5million if Doom is cut after two years.

The Ravens was probably the best place for Doom. He can move to OLB and his deficiencies against the run won't be as big a hinderence. This is a good pick up for the Ravens at a decent price.

Darrius Heyward-Bey visiting the Colts? I hope this is not the "whooper" Irsay was talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Darrius Heyward-Bey visiting the Colts? I hope this is not the "whooper" Irsay was talking about

DHB could be a very decent WR who has never really be in anything other than an average offense with an average QB. I think the biggest issue with him is how he was so ridiculously overpaid so early in his career. Not his fault but if he can accept taking a contract at market value then he could be a good signing...kinda hoping the Pats take a look if Brandon Lloyd doesn't come back.

Vince Young apparently impressive at the Texas pro day. Will someone take a chance?

• Advertisement
Advertisement