Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Counselling Service Fundraising

Options
  • 22-02-2013 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I would be obliged if anyone can fundraise for a very good cause. It is to establish Lisheen House, a free counselling service to serve West Cork and County. It is a crisis intervention service for those who are experiencing suicidal thoughts and thoughts of self-harm. It is there to help anyone who is feeling down for whatever reason.
    I lost my husband to suicide and the effects of watching his suffer from depression was awful and the effects his suicide has had on my children just not imaginable. I witnessed first hand his struggle to seek help, he felt ashamed and there is still a stigma attached to depression. I established Lisheens House and I have obtained charitable status before Christmas so I now need the help of others who will help to get the service up and running.
    I need fundraisers, it doesnt matter how small the event, as every penny will help to reduce the risk of suicide and it is on the increase as the economic climate at the moment is not good and people are in big trouble.
    It has been a lot of work to get this far but Rome was not built in a day. Lisheens House is based and starting from West Cork but the service will be available to all, via phone, email, visit to the persons house. Lisheens House will have outreach services also and hopefully will be able to spread its wings even further. Lisheens House have counsellors and therapists in all area's of Cork and County and Kerry who are prepared to serve the people who are in need. All our therapists and counsellors are fully qualified. Please feel free to contact me anytime and I will get back to you.
    Many thanks for reading CJA

Advertisement