Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Blueface and\or 3 - what options?

• 22-02-2013 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi everyone

I'm currently a Blueface subscriber and have been since 2005\6. I have 2 geo numbers with them and a basic call package. I am also a business customer with 3.

My problem is that, since some time late last year, neither I nor any other 3 user can call my geographic numbers.

Blueface say it's 3's problem - 3 are not clear about whose problem it is - but regardless it's not being fixed. I do believe it's a 3 problem though.

I'm considering leaving 3 - but that doesn't solve the problem - yes I'll be able to call my own number but other 3 customer still won't.

Then it has to be leave Blueface - unfair to them - but what can I do?

What do you think? Any other alternatives? What about an alternative to Blueface? How long will porting take?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If the problem is 3 cannot connect to VOIP geographic numbers then I can't see how 3 will connect to any other VOIP provider.

Have you taken the issue up with ComReg, despite what people sat about ComReg I have always found them helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

If they cannot solve the issue I would go comreg route.

Strange neither 3 or Blueface are not willing to solve the issue, according to the T&C's here they have an agreement between 3 and Blueface for landline service.
    Also I think Blueface's mobile uses 3 coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭seedubya

Three can connect to VOIP numbers - they can even connect to my 076 numbers, just not my two geographic numbers and according to Blueface the same is happening for a handful of other customers as well.

Comreg it is then.

With regard to the porting, if it have to go that route - does it tend to take long?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Were the numbers origionally ported to Blueface from another provider?

If the numbers were assigned to Blueface, then 3 have not set up their systems correctly. In this case, it is a routing issue. Blueface should be in touch with 3 really about this.

Log a complaint through comreg and let us know how you get on.

When you ring three, ring through to the business department. Otherwise, your going no where, you'll end up speaking to some call centre in India.

seedubya wrote: »
    With regard to the porting, if it have to go that route - does it tend to take long?

It takes 24-48 hours to port a number to another provider. If the number came from Blueface though you will still have the same problem. There would still be an issue with the call routing.

Blueface are quite good but there's not much they can do. Its 3 that have to fix it on their end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭seedubya

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    If the number came from Blueface though you will still have the same problem. There would still be an issue with the call routing.

Blueface are quite good but there's not much they can do. Its 3 that have to fix it on their end.

Yep, both BF numbers from the start. Have them 7-8 years but the issue only started the end of last year. Can't do without the numbers unfortunately, heavily advertised.

I reckoned it was a 3 problem alright - even the simple fact that 3 is the only network that has issues routing calls to me kinda gave it away.

You seem to know a bit about call routing - any idea how long something like this should take to resolve - assuming anyone's interested in resolving it?

Yep, both BF numbers from the start. Have them 7-8 years but the issue only started the end of last year. Can't do without the numbers unfortunately, heavily advertised.

I reckoned it was a 3 problem alright - even the simple fact that 3 is the only network that has issues routing calls to me kinda gave it away.

You seem to know a bit about call routing - any idea how long something like this should take to resolve - assuming anyone's interested in resolving it?

For 3 to actually do it, they should be able to have it done in less than 24 hours on a weekday. You'd need to speak with someone on Network Management or something though. As I said, Customer care are useless.

Log a complaint with comreg (by email) and send a letter (not email) to 3. That is the easiest way.

Basically, 3 haven't configured your number to route to a provider (and probably all the other BF numbers in your area).

Its likely that 3 have done the same with other provider's number assignments too.

You can see what numbers were assigned to each provider here:
    http://www.comreg.ie/numbering/numbering_search.599.numbering.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

You can also try contacting 3 on boards.ie Biz section would be much better than the helpdesk in India.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

Hi,
    Where You had those numbers before blueface? Or did you bought this numbers from blueface?
    Does not matter where is problem. Blueface should work together with company who was owner of this numbers.
    Blueface has interconnection to Eircom and this could be a problem with Eircom routing. I had this problem few times.

domeld wrote: »
    Hi,
    Where You had those numbers before blueface? Or did you bought this numbers from blueface?
    Does not matter where is problem. Blueface should work together with company who was owner of this numbers.
    Blueface has interconnection to Eircom and this could be a problem with Eircom routing. I had this problem few times.

The op got them from Blueface. They are an MVNO on the 3 network, but they have their own routes, wouldn't be reselling 3, they would be piggy backing. Still though they should be able to sort this out for him.

If the comreg number search shows BlueFace Ltd. Blueface own the number. Its not eircom wholesale that is the problem. Its 3. They have not added that number range to the network.

Try posting a thread through boards in the Three section.

Apart from complaining with comreg there's not much else you can do. Porting to another provider won't make a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

@ seedubya
    send me PM i will give You email address to senior engineer in blueface.
    No I'm not working in blueface.

PS. You can port numbers to Digiweb. They are very helpful and selling sip trunks as well.

Thanks

@MR_Grumpy - afaik they have direct connection to eircom.

Advertisement