Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 8 Results

Options
  • 22-02-2013 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭

Jaguars 35-Texans 14

A dull game against the CPU was made brighter by a stunning performance by Tim Tebow, as he went 15/18 for 291 yards, 5 TD's and 0 INT's. MJD had a quiet game despite still gaining 130+ yards on the ground.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Raiders move 5-2 with win over Vikings!

Wasn't a great game, ended 33-3, could have been more but started running picks out of bounds!

Palmer had a mare, brought in alt, had mare, brought back in palmer...gave McFadden the ball all night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Niners beat the Bengals by three in a tight game with both teams scoring late TDs at the end of each half. Bengals threw two pick sixes which cost them dearly. Had to triple team Gresham just to stop him. My rookie qb scored a 51yrd TD throw and I didn't even realise it was him on the field:eek: bad luck for the bengals and a much needed win for me.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Chiefs 41-7 Patriots

Kansas repeat their playoff victory over NE in a game in which turnovers proved decisive. From the word go this was not going to be NE game. After a 3 and out the Pats punted to Olympian Jeff Demps who took it back 75 yards for a TD. With turnovers Chiefs got good field position and rookie Merrian threw two TD passes and Succop kicked a FG to leave it 24-0 at HT. In the second half the Chiefs drained the clock and added two further running TD's through Charles and Geene.

Pats got some consolation in the final minutes after a superb drive resulted in Gronk catching a 37yard TD pass.

Great chatting Dave and good luck with reaching the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Lost 31-23 to the skins let this win get away from me

Dolphins started the game kicking and on his first throw griffin threw from an interception and not his last of the game either. First half finished 6-3 with a lot of punting the it opened up in the second!

Dolphins quickly went 20-3 during the middle of the 3rd qtr after another 2 picks and a fumble but got too confident and doing what the dolphins do best got destroyed for the rest of the game... :(

Last two mins of the game saw me just outside the redskins end zone on 3rd down but only to throw a pick where Ben was just able to run down the clock!

Good game Ben good chatting to ya hopefully I can build and get a win sooner rather than later

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Broncos @ Lions
    A game of two halves here at detriot
    The game started well for the Lions with Megatron receiving a 15 yard TD. 7-0 Lions
    Broncos drove down the field next ending with a 15 yard run in for McGahee.
    7-7
    Lions started on their on own 20 and throw a short pass to Megatron,the safety rushes up for the big intercept,reaches out.....and misses,Megatron breaks away for a 70+ yard TD 14-7 Lions
    Broncos respond by driving to the Lions and are 1st and goal,Manning hikes the ball and spots Thomas on a slant,just as he lets the ball go Thomas decides he doesn't fancy sprinting anymore and starts jogging easy pick by Tulloch.
    Broncos manage to get the ball back with about a minute on the clock and drive to the Lions 20,Manning then throws a crazy pass into where there are 3 Lions players and its picked by Newman,halve ends
    Half time 14-7 Lions
    Broncos start the half and drive to the Lions 10,Manning then on 2 and 3 throws a perfect pass to Decker who's just standing free in the red zone...he drops it and Broncos settle for a field goal. 14-10 Lions
    With the game tight Tony Romo seems to implode in about 4 minutes,first he throws a pick 6 to Bailey who runs it back for a 20 TD, then another pick 6 is thrown to Miller who runs it back for a 40 yard TD,then a pick by Ayers who runs to the Lions 15 after being chased down by Megatron,From here Mcgahee runs in the touchdown.
    Score in now 31-14.
    After that the Broncos stop a few drives by the Lions and add a FG and another TD run from McGahee.
    Fulltime Lions 14 Broncos 41

Stats
    Lions Total yards 319 Sacks 2 Takeaways 3
    Bronos Total yards 390 Sacks 6 Takeaways 4
    Key Players
    Lions
    Romo end with about a passer rating of 80
    Best rushed for 70 yards
    Megatron had 3 receptions for almost a 100 yards
    Tulloch was impressive with 7 tackles and 1 INT
    Broncos
    Manning ended with a rating of 54
    McGahee rushed for 80 yards and 3 TD's
    Three Broncos receivers ended with 50 yards each
    Woodyard had a great game again ending with 5 tackles and 2 sacks

Good game Adrian,the scoreline definately doesn't reflect the game at all,in fact I thought the game was getting away from me at half time with the fumbles,intercepts even the stupid penalty I gave away with DT,even add to that just after half time Decker dropping the pass in the red zone,I thinking to myself it was just one of those days.
    Obviously then the picks completely swung the game,best of luck with the rest of your games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Rams rock Ravens in OT thriller

The Rams hand the Ravens only their 2nd loss of the season in a stormer of a match.
    I think we only punted once each and had a FG apiece as well.

Sam Bradford (remember him) threw for 211yds on his return from exile with 3tds and 1 int. And for the 1st time since Game 1 the Rams managed to muster some kind of rush attack, Pead finishing with 70yds and a TD.

1st Quarter

Ravens get the ball and drive down the field and go for it on 4th and inches inside the redzone, but the much maligned Rams D stops it and turns the ball over. Rams drive themselves into the Ravens half and Pead collects a screen and darts into the endzone for a 33yd TD.

2nd Quarter

Ravens get the ball and work into the redzone again and this time find Paulsen for a 1yd TD. Rams start from good field position from the restart but Bradford tosses a pick and the Ravens take full advantage and get into the redzone again this time Kaep drops a beautiful fade right into Boldin's hands for a 5yd TD.

14-7 at halftime and for the 1st time in many games the Rams are still in this one!!!

3rd Quarter

Rams receive but cant do anything as a fumble turns the ball over. Boldin then gets free and runs into the endzone for a 12yd TD. After another good drive by the Rams to the Ravens goalline, Dresseen catches a hook and its 21-14.

4th Quarter

Good Rams defense leads to the only punt of the game by the Ravens and Bradford makes them pay with a sweet play action pass to Dresseen, who evades a number of tacklers and goes in for a 38yd TD.
    All square and lots of time left, but disaster as the Ravens are stopped on 4th and short and the Rams take over and bring S. Jackson in to pound the ball into FG range and run the clock. That lasts for about 3 plays till he goes down injured and the Rams kick a FG with just a minute to play.
    Cue a lot of discussion from the Ravens about whether to go for the win or just drive into FG range.
    He does the latter and its into OT.

OT

Rams win the toss and recieve, a couple of great plays later and Britt gets free over the middle and Bradford lobs it to him and.....

Game over, Rams wins 30-24

Great game Pudsy, one of the best ive played!!
    Was jumping around as Britt went in for the score!!

Hopefully this is the kick start the Rams need to get their season going, and hopefully I've found the playbooks best suited to my team.
    Up next is the Saints!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nice win Rams!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Saints 42-0 Panthers. What can I say? No one seemed to get open at all, and the Saints closed on Cam when he ran. Thank god it's a bye week now for me.

Well played Saints, we've had 5 games in the new Madden, 2 offensive shutouts, 3 blowouts by you, and 2 hail mary games. Not hoping I meet you again this season.

Got to hope I win out and Saints lose at least once to the Falcons if I want a home playoff game. Got to hope I regather form if I want a playoff game at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

So the game that you all have been waiting for ended 42-0 to the Saints.

Panthers received the ball. Had a couple of decent plays that brought them up to the midway point of the field. However, Cam gets sacked for the first time of the day and the Panthers are forced to punt. Saints linebacker breaks a rib while tackling Cam so can expect him to be out for most of the regular season.

Panthers D steps up with 2 sacks on Drew Brees which leave the Saints 3rd and 23 at their own 2 yard line. Brees just about manages to get it away before potentially giving up a safety.

With 3 minutes left in the first quarter Cam throws his first pick of the day to Cason who completely outmatched Panther's WR Smith all day. The Saints have a decent drive starting with good field position and end it with a 1 yard FB run from Jed Collins. 7-0

2nd quarter is more of the same. Saints coverage is excellent and Cam can't use his feet to get himself out of trouble and the Panthers are forced to punt. Saints slow the game down with lots of running on first and second down and short passes to get the first. They work the ball all the way to into the Panther's endzone with Jimmy Graham getting his first TD of the game. 14-0

Rinse and repeat!! Panthers can't get a first down. Saints have a good drive taking time off the clock and with 30 seconds left Jimmy Graham gets his second of the day. Panthers try some long pass plays but no go. 21-0 at HT

The Saints receive, and make their first and only mistake of the game. Drew Brees tries to force a pass on 3rd and long which is intercepted easily to give Matthew and his Panther's good field position just inside their own half.

Two plays later, Cam tries to run, BOOM! he is hit hard and fumbles, the Saints LE Jordan brings the score to 28-0. It really isn't Matthew's day and with his next play Cam throws another interception. which the Saints end up after a couple of plays running it in with Pierre Thomas for a 35-0 lead.

Just as the 4th begins Cam fumbles yet again, the Saints make sure of the victory with another TD to make it 42-0 (I wasn't sure whether to score this or not so I asked Matthew who had a great reply "would Pete Carroll score it? go ahead".) Normally I wouldn't but Matthew has a penchant for big comebacks against me and I sometimes capitulate.

Stats:
    Brees 11/14 for 160 yards with 1 int, 2 Tds 0 fumbles and 1 sack.
    Cam 5/12 for 51 yards with 2 int, 0 Tds 3 fumbles and 5 sacks.

Rushing:
    Sproles and Thomas rushed for 89 yards off 29 attempts with Thomas getting 2 TDs.
    Saint's Jed Collins also had 5 rushes for 5 yards and 1 TD.
    Cam had 10 rushing attempts for 28 yards with one of them being a 17 yard run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Cracking game against Shane which went to overtime

Some stats
    Weeden 19-33 358yds 2TD 2INT
    Rivers 18-29 298yds 1TD 2INT

Trent Richardson 15att 50yds 0TD 1 fumble
    Ryan Matthews 11att 20yds 1TD 0 fumble

Lee Evans 5 catches 76yds 0 TD
    Antonio Gates 6 catches 65 yds 0TD

Chargers didn't get much joy in the run game, Matthews was 7 attempts for 8 yards at one stage.
    But Rivers carved up the Browns with short passes to Gates and long dangerous passes to Robert Meachem

A first quater TD by Meachem in the corner of the endzone was followed by a goaline stand by the Browns in the second. Mare the kicker converted

Browns rueing a 46 yd FG which hit the post!

0-10 Chargers at halftime

The low scoring continues in the 3rd quarter with a Browns FG and we are 3-10 Chargers heading in the final quarter. And then the game took off..

Fullbacks are people too!!

Reece the fullback shows good route running to take in a 18yd TD to tie the game.
    This was critical as Chargers linebacker Barners was a menace all day and had sacked Weeden into a 3rd and long. Dangerous pass rusher.

Under the two minute warning and the Chargers were superb at punting all day, multiple kicks into the corner.
    Backed up in the endzone the Browns called the same play and Reece took off, 88yd TD.

But the Chargers never gave up and carved up the Browns in 1 minute and 11 seconds for a Ryan Matthews TD.
    We go to overtime.

Jackson the Browns MLB took in a Rivers pick 6 and that was the game.

Cracking game Shane, good chatting with ya

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I have Reece in another franchise, he's an excellent catching FB and has decent speed!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I have Reece in another franchise, he's an excellent catching FB and has decent speed!

Decent speed!!! I think that is understatement of the year. He is by far the fastest fullback, which makes him a matchup nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

On plays where I know that I am not going to run and I have a full back in the formation that isn't going to be blocking I sometimes stick in my sub HB as the FB to have an extra bit of pace and catching ability in that position if I need to check it down to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Well, Falcons grind out a win against the Buccs. Think it finished 35-27. Ryan started poorly with 3 early INTs however with Turner on form it wasn't a problem. Ended up rushing for over 200YDs and catching for quite a lot as well. Ryan managed to string together 3TD passes as well, 2 of which went to Turner. Buccs offense was pretty good, apart from 2 picks. Very hard to stop and a nice varied run/pass game.

Good game anyway, good luck with the rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Was obviously happy wit 3 early picks figured it would make ya hesitate when throwing but my d just couldn't bring turner down. I mean not at all. How many plus 40 yard runs did he get. Frustrating to the last.

On my o I really need to get my red zone sorted, just can't convert.I could only manage 13 points off 3 to's from short fields. Was using a new play book which really cost me in the last quarter as I didn't really know it well enough to rush the plays.

Advertisement