Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 14 (Well, actually it's Madden 25)

Options
  • 22-02-2013 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any news, rumours, thoughts, comments etc about Madden 14 (officially going to be called Madden 25 to tie in with the anniversary) so far lads? I haven't really heard much despite this time last year there being quite a lot of talk about Madden 13 so thought I'd get a thread going as something for us to look forward to.

Release date is August 27th in US so it will be Friday August 30th over here.

Cover voting starts on March 11. I would like to see a Ravens player on the cover after our Super Bowl exploits but I wouldn't be surprised to see RGIII win it.

What way will the franchise here be done (same as last year with power rankings determining draft order, or something different?) as I'm 99% sure I'll be back unless something pops up in the meantime. Hopefully we can get everyone back for 2014, the likes of Paddy, HowAreWe and Rob that I noticed have called it a day over the last while.

What would you all like to see included or taken away etc? The main thing for me I hope they fix is the O and D-lines. Taken from Matty on Madden PFL but he hits the nail on the head for me ''the O-Line seem to give-up after ten seconds even if the D-Line has still not broken through and the QB has yet to throw. Once that point hits, the D-Line seem to be simply let loose. On the other side of the field as a D-Liner it's rather annoying being pushed to the ground, every single time you try to bull-rush. EA need to change the Line battles in Madden '14.'' I'm sure they'll also improve the features they already included in 13 such as the collision engine, QB dropbacks etc. IGN have come up with a list of 7 things they'd like to see improved on here.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Are you coming back paully!?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Are you coming back paully!?

Unlikely for this edition mate but will almost certainly be back for Madden 14. I've been missing the game a lot lately but unfortunately circumstances just don't allow to me to find the time to play it. I think the break has done me the world of good to be honest. Raring to go now for Madden 14 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Justin10

If there isnt anything major changed with this I think Il give it a miss. Unless the Chargers get some serious players then I may be tempted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The D-line man getting floored every time needs to be fixed. Only spin moves seem to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Justin10

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    The D-line man getting floored every time needs to be fixed. Only spin moves seem to work.

Is that a problem?? I've never noticed If anything I would be of the opposite opinion.

• Advertisement

Madden cover vote begins lads:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden25cover

Old school and new school choices.

Love to see Ray Lewis make the cover.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully D wrote: »

If you don't vote for him, he'll kill ya :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ray Lewis better not make the cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I hope it's Adrian Peterson, would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

It'll be probably be Lewis, but would like to see peterson myself having come so close to breaking that record, or Joe Montana, was always a favourite of mine growing up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I'd love to see Ocho on the cover, just because.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Some of the match ups are a bit uneven there but I suppose you've got to get the main guys through

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Damn, why did they have to pit Fred Taylor against Jerry Rice?!?! And Justin Blackmon against Russell Wilson, no chance.

Historic: Dan Marino or Jerry Rice
    Current: Adrian Peterson or RGIII.

I think one of each would be cool, like Rice and RGIII or Marino and Peterson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Jake Delhomme has my vote :cool:

Voted for Locker over Luck, however if he wins ill be gobsmacked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I hate the commentary! Bring back Gus Johnson

Also Madden 10 or possibly it was 11 had a feature where if you missed a deep bomb then they'd give you a replay and show you the wide open guy you ignored.

I liked that feature and would like it back with an option to turn it or off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I hate the commentary! Bring back Gus Johnson

Also Madden 10 or possibly it was 11 had a feature where if you missed a deep bomb then they'd give you a replay and show you the wide open guy you ignored.

I liked that feature and would like it back with an option to turn it or off.

I hate the commentary but don't have much time for Gus Johnson in a video game either. Cris Colinsworth should be brought back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

I'd like to see the ability to email yourself a CSV export of your roster so you could do some proper analysis in Excel of your squad

I'd like to see the ability to email yourself a CSV export of your roster so you could do some proper analysis in Excel of your squad

There are excel docs out at the start,however you'd need to track it for your own guys and update through the season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

There are excel docs out at the start,however you'd need to track it for your own guys and update through the season

Please tell me you don't do this. :P

• Advertisement

Miller knocked out Cruz....Nice

Raoul wrote: »
    Please tell me you don't do this. :P

No i dont, but i use it at the start of the season when deciding who to cut.
    Us working folk cant sit at home on the xbox all day Raoul...

It's a lot easier to see trends and potential pitfalls with certain players using some excel wizardry that looking on XBL! However once the season starts I dont use it as once people start spending XP the stats quickly become out of date

No i dont, but i use it at the start of the season when deciding who to cut.
    Us working folk cant sit at home on the xbox all day Raoul...

It's a lot easier to see trends and potential pitfalls with certain players using some excel wizardry that looking on XBL! However once the season starts I dont use it as once people start spending XP the stats quickly become out of date

I'm sort of part of the working folk. I am in 9-5 most days!! :cool:

I just think it would take too much time and effort to keep track of the stats. Loads of things EA could introduce into the new madden.

Round two finishes on Wednesday, below are how the match ups are looking at present:

82a5656d712ccd4227e8c713cc7049b4.png?1364254604`

Surprised to see Kaepernick being beaten by Green.

Santry I hope you got your vote in for Ray Lewis :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Round two finishes on Wednesday, below are how the match ups are looking at present:

82a5656d712ccd4227e8c713cc7049b4.png?1364254604`

Surprised to see Kaepernick being beaten by Green.

Santry I hope you got your vote in for Ray Lewis :pac:

Those %'s are how much they won their last round by. Kaep 62%-67% Green doesn't add up now Paully does it :pac:

Also, only voting for Ravens players? How worryingly Liverpool-fan-esque of you.

I voted Kap,Foster,Miller,Luck,RG3,Bryant,Gronk and Peterson this round.Old school just went with the couple of guys I know

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Those %'s are how much they won their last round by. Kaep 62%-67% Green doesn't add up now Paully does it :pac:

Also, only voting for Ravens players? How worryingly Liverpool-fan-esque of you.

I actually only noticed the round 1 at the top now :pac: I really should stop posting when I'm half asleep :pac:

I was waiting for the reaction to the Ravens players vote :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I hope we see NFL 2k14 this year, I know there's a slim chance of it happening. Got 2k5 for a few quid and it is better than the modern Madden games, where defending is too easy and attacking is way too hard, I throw at least 3 INTs every game and every single game is a low scoring defensive battle. Madden used to be fun on the PS2 where your QB could drop back and not have to throw the ball within 2 seconds and there was the odd crazy shootout.

I hope we see NFL 2k14 this year, I know there's a slim chance of it happening. Got 2k5 for a few quid and it is better than the modern Madden games, where defending is too easy and attacking is way too hard, I throw at least 3 INTs every game and every single game is a low scoring defensive battle. Madden used to be fun on the PS2 where your QB could drop back and not have to throw the ball within 2 seconds and there was the odd crazy shootout.

Hmm...have a look at some of the scores of our games. Not too many defensive battles. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Raoul wrote: »
    Hmm...have a look at some of the scores of our games. Not too many defensive battles. :D
    I haven't played much online, I'm mainly talking about career mode

Advertisement