Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 14 (Well, actually it's Madden 25)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Berty44 wrote: »
    Plus I understand that the number of times games are started has been reinstated once again so no restarting of CPU games numerous times.

Good, good. It makes it a lot more interesting than the regular 35 point hammerings in previous additions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I often struggled with the cpu in the last game, I'm boned so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I might let my CPU play all my matches so :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Played a game at lunch time. I really enjoyed it. Tackling engine is fantastic and all the tackles look great. Loads of positives such as the run game is great fun, cuts are actual proper cuts not just a rounded change of direction (if that makes sense), it doesn't seem as easy to ball hawk for the defenders, the menu screens are slick. In general it is a very good game.

Bad points, there were some ridiculous interceptions where the ball was falling to the ground but someone managed to get it before it hit (happened twice in the one game). It looks like it will be a totally run oriented game. I know its the first game so I won't say too much about the passing until I get used to it.

Just a few quick points anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Played madden 25 for collectively an hour...Pudsy shows up to play...Xbox breaks...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Played 2 games.. run game is good but how the hell can i set sprint on automatically?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Played 2 games.. run game is good but how the hell can i set sprint on automatically?

Don't think you can that's the point or you gas out! Switching between LT and RT is your friend... Or try skill trainer :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Really struggling to stop the CPU run game so far.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah it can be tough, Locker started well in both games but had complete collapses from the middle of the 3rd on.

C2J is so agile, he got 210 yards in one game, while greene picked up 60 and 2 TDs

Suffered a bit with drops but Wilson picked the ball off twice, Pollard caused a fumble and sent 2 Steelers to the med bay

Got hammered by the texans, picked up 5 injuries, wright caught 0 balls on 8 targets and they were all drops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Got hammered by the texans, picked up 5 injuries, wright caught 0 balls on 8 targets and they were all drops

i played a game earlier and had 6 injuries, they seem to be alot easier to pick up in this game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Just played the training. read option is a toughie. an out of bounds is a bit iffy. players seem to easily be inbounds but getting called incomplete. fear getting killed by some big runs this year.

No usb for me but i dont care...madden is here!

Hold on hold on hold on...!!!!!

You telling me the sprint button is back? No wonder iv been going so slow

Carroller wrote: »
    Hold on hold on hold on...!!!!!

You telling me the sprint button is back? No wonder iv been going so slow

Do the run training!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ye all got your delivery from Pat

And I also got an email that mine was dispatched but no sign of it yesterday evening :/

Hope I get it today!

Also another thing i noted, using Mariani (99) and Reynaud (98) on KO and Punt returns, both were close in games to breaking a couple off for TDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

All the leagues/competitions on this forum are usually for Xbox are they?

They are yes. There is a PS3 league at times but they struggle to keep up numbers. I am not sure who is running it either. Are you on Xbox or PS3?

I played two head to head games online last night and both were very enjoyable. There wasn't much going for it on 4th down either. Could have just been lucky though.

My second game I won 7-6, the guy disconnected with 1:40 min to go as I was trying to run down the clock. Great way to win the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

PS3 unfortunately. Hopefully it'll pick up anyway. I presume the traffic is much better for Madden on Xbox live given its popularity in the states

• Advertisement

madalig12 wrote: »
    Do the run training!

Is it the same run training from the demo? Done that a few times just completely forgot about a run button since it was auto for the last few years

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Carroller wrote: »
    Is it the same run training from the demo? Done that a few times just completely forgot about a run button since it was auto for the last few years

Don't know, my drive is full so couldn't download the demo:o

My games broke already :(

Got scratched inside the Xbox!!!!!!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Mare :(

Looks like the Xbox was moved whilst the game was being played. Do you have access to a friends copy by any chance that you could install ? You most likely could still use that disc as a disc registered as being in the console with the data being taken from the installed disk.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Mine got scratched last year,was able to install it though,after that I'd have to put the disk in and out a few times until it read it but once it loaded up it was fine

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mare :(

Looks like the Xbox was moved whilst the game was being played. Do you have access to a friends copy by any chance that you could install ? You most likely could still use that disc as a disc registered as being in the console with the data being taken from the installed disk.

Yep.

Even just rent a copy from a store for a day if you can't get one off a mate and install it as mentioned above, Carroller. A mate of mine had the same problem with a copy of FIFA before and installed a rental copy onto the Xbox, the console was still able to read the scratched disc and he was able to play without any bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    PS3 unfortunately. Hopefully it'll pick up anyway. I presume the traffic is much better for Madden on Xbox live given its popularity in the states

Plenty playing on PS3, don't worry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Fecking joke trying to get this game in a shop. Should have just gone with Gamesnash but I wanted to use my Xtravision voucher to get Madden, apparently they won't have it until next week. So I tried Gamestop in Bray and it's sold out??? wtf I know for a fact that many people don't play Madden in Bray. So I tried Smyths in Carrickmines and was told they only had 1 copy and it was pre-ordered. Raging.

• Advertisement

Not many people I know play the game but I'm gonna see if it can be rented in xtravision to install but doesn't sound likely from what mikey said! The only thing is it doesn't load up at all then say disc isn't readable it just says disc is not playable at all and the disc isn't recognised which makes me think it won't work at all!

Doesn't bother me buying it again but it means ill be missing the start of the boards league as I wouldn't be able to get it til at the very least next week :(

Advertisement