Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 14 (Well, actually it's Madden 25)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yep it is mike, I have reynaud and mariani, both rated 98/99 in returns, I've brought back a good few and get past the 50 yard line on most

Have had an itch to play this for a while but have had no console since I sold the PS3 at xmas.

Was planning to get a cheap 360 to play GTA and my close proximity friend offered his 360 to me as he rarely ever plays it.
    So went and bought this today, I'll prob upgrade to the newer version in time but want to give it a go.
    I couldn't justify paying E60 for FIFA 13.5 though but that's speaking from a hardcore online FIFA gamer since 2008, ill be holding out for the proper version there.

Think I can still enjoy Madden 25 on PS3/360 since it'll be new to me.

If anyone else is new to do, send me a PM... will be up for a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Have had an itch to play this for a while but have had no console since I sold the PS3 at xmas.

Was planning to get a cheap 360 to play GTA and my close proximity friend offered his 360 to me as he rarely ever plays it.
    So went and bought this today, I'll prob upgrade to the newer version in time but want to give it a go.
    I couldn't justify paying E60 for FIFA 13.5 though but that's speaking from a hardcore online FIFA gamer since 2008, ill be holding out for the proper version there.

Think I can still enjoy Madden 25 on PS3/360 since it'll be new to me.

If anyone else is new to do, send me a PM... will be up for a few games.

Join the league mate. Good craic during games and it's the best way to improve. Drafting teams starts on Thursday so perfect timing too.

Paully D wrote: »
    Join the league mate. Good craic during games and it's the best way to improve. Drafting teams starts on Thursday so perfect timing too.

I knew there was an Xbox league alright and it was always regarded as being far better run than the FIFA leagues.

I couldn't spot the exact thread though, I see there's a cup one and Fantasy one etc.

I take it, it's the Fantasy thread so?.... seems like the Association in NBA 2K with the draft and all that.

I'd defo be up for the league anyway. Have a few days to practice aswell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

This thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057012390) shows when the new league starts up. We are doing a team draft to decide which team each player will get.

After that it works just like regular American football, where you play 16 games per season and then (if you are lucky) the playoffs.

We aim to run 3 seasons before the release of the next version of the game.

If you want to join pm helimachoptor and get him to add you to the list, you will be picking your team around spot 24.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I knew there was an Xbox league alright and it was always regarded as being far better run than the FIFA leagues.

I couldn't spot the exact thread though, I see there's a cup one and Fantasy one etc.

I take it, it's the Fantasy thread so?.... seems like the Association in NBA 2K with the draft and all that.

I'd defo be up for the league anyway. Have a few days to practice aswell.
    Do,join up,if you're half as good at Madden as you are at Fifa you'll fly it(if you remember the ps3 club days :cool:).
    Ya the online franchise mode is like association mode in 2k except way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah Gilberto get yourself in the league. Last year was my first year playing properly and I ended up winning the Superbowl in season 3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yeah Gilberto get yourself in the league. Last year was my first year playing properly and I ended up winning the Superbowl in season 3!*

;)

:pac: I'm kidding, well done Mikey :)

But not really... :(

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Do,join up,if you're half as good at Madden as you are at Fifa you'll fly it(if you remember the ps3 club days :cool:).
    Ya the online franchise mode is like association mode in 2k except way better.

Course I remember them.

Ya but the difference there was I had been honing my football skills since Italia 90 on Sega.
    This is all new to me so will take a while to catch on, however I should be able to catch on quick, I've never really been less than a 1:1 player in any sports games online(NHL, NBA etc) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Jesus the CPU just doesnt give up!!
    Was cruising 17-0 against the Chiefs and after H/T they just couldnt be stopped.
    Managed to win 35-30 but damn this year there isnt going to be blowouts against the CPUs.
    Also starting to like the Pats, if they fall that far!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Only got this today, but blown away by the presentation. Magnificent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Are you going to join our league? :)

Now is the perfect time to join!

The draft is over but there are several teams available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Is there a PS3 version?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

There was al PS3 league last year but there were a lot of CPU teams in it. From what I understand there are a few people waiting for the PS4 to come out so are not getting Madden on this version.

So at the moment there isn't but if you want to start a thread to guage interest we might get some people to sign up.

Anyone else noting a lack of forced fumbles?

In Madden 12 my strong safety was good for 2 to 3 most every game

I think I've gotten 1 forced fumble in several games now

Where are my vicious hits gone? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Funnily enough, people are saying there's more fumbles then usual this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Anyone else noting a lack of forced fumbles?

In Madden 12 my strong safety was good for 2 to 3 most every game

I think I've gotten 1 forced fumble in several games now

Where are my vicious hits gone? :(

It's much better, the rate of forced fumbles and turnovers was unrealistic in last year's game. At least this year you have to work for the turnovers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I forcing one a game but I'm not recovering much, maybe 1 in 3

In the demo I complained about the amount of forced fumbles, it seems EA have noticeably toned them down now as there seems to be too little.

Also, I really hate the lack of intelligence that players show around a fumble. Numerous times I have had 3 or 4 of my players dive like special needs dolphins around the ball, only for a 400lb lineman to trot over and scoop the ball up. It's bloody infuriating watching your lads miss a ball that isn't moving.

• Advertisement

Is anyone one else really pissed off with the delay when you make a pick? There's a 2 second delay when your player makes a pick and the game realising it, which means you're on the back foot trying to return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Is anyone one else really pissed off with the delay when you make a pick? There's a 2 second delay when your player makes a pick and the game realising it, which means you're on the back foot trying to return it.

Yep I keep running the wrong way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

anybody notice players ratings went down before yesterdays games, Colts players all seem to have dropped a point, some have dropped more Heyward-Bey and Hilton were 80 and 81 and are now in the 70's

Jesus online lobby games are infuriating. Played a guy who went for every fourth down, onside kicked his kickoffs, and then quits when he's losing. Why bother? :confused: you'd have a better chance of winning playing properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Jesus online lobby games are infuriating. Played a guy who went for every fourth down, onside kicked his kickoffs, and then quits when he's losing. Why bother? :confused: you'd have a better chance of winning playing properly!

yeah ive played at least 5 games like that and in the end i quit, hate them, also played lads who drop their QB back at least 20 yards to get better separation, that gets on my t*ts to.

Hey Pudsy

Give up that sig!

It's mine :p

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Hey Pudsy

Give up that sig!

It's mine :p

Get me a Brian Orakpo one and we'll talk

May have to deal out a new batch of sigs. Heli asked me for one, if anyone really wants one PM me and I'll try and get around to it, this weekend I'm away in Galway but I should have the time next week.

Playing the owner franchise mode, it's definitely a bit of a laugh anyways, already moved the Chargers to New Mexico and called them the New Mexico Golden Eagles :D

Ryan Mathews keeps getting injured every game or so, so it's exactly like real life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    May have to deal out a new batch of sigs. Heli asked me for one, if anyone really wants one PM me and I'll try and get around to it, this weekend I'm away in Galway but I should have the time next week.

I think I'll just keep mine, it's tres cool and reminds me that I actually did reach the play-offs once........only to run a toss play which somehow got intercepted.....BAD Memories....ruining life....:(

Advertisement