Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 14 (Well, actually it's Madden 25)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I'm glad, yours is one of the sigs I like the most out of the ones I made, along with Ben's RGIII one.

Jez getting awful frustrated with this today.

Been playing UT offline and slowly getting better players, team rating off 82 now.

Can win the Pro games in a season handily enough and have even dished a few pastings at All-Pro against lower end teams and have gone through some of the higher rated as well.

But I can NOT beat the Buccs in a 2k game in one particular season, I've lost something like 9 in a row trying to beat them.
    Im making the same mistakes in every game but by the law of averages I've won the game eventually but just can't beat them for some reason.

The AI gets first downs with ease and continuously pings 20-30 yard passes to men in space while my guys take forever to reach the QB.
    I find myself pressured constantly then and hurry passes a lot, throwing between 2-6 picks a game with 3 being the most consistent number, I think I see a WR open and then 3 converge on him, not blaming the game as when I check the replays there's usually something I didn't see.

Just find it so hard to gauge the field before I'm sacked. Or else I throw the wrong kind of pass and its guided to the AI(especially off slants where I try put it ahead of him and it goes straight to a MLC covering space.
    I do get when they work against that coverage though, If I can delay the pass until the player gets to the far side of the field they work a lot but I just can't find any consistency in my passing play bar the odd curl or out route with man coverage.

My passing is really killing me and it's just so frustrating trying to get stops against the AI, I guess they have an advantage in being able to see all the players and analyse, it's something my eyes just can't react to and I see limited runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

If your passing is killing you, concentrate on your run game. Get that going and you will have to pass less and when you do pass the D will be more susceptible as they may be thinking run. The basis of my game when I started improve was run, run and more running.

Heli was the first to ask me for a sig, and I had 25 mins before the NFL on Sky tonight so managed to get his done:

LockerSig_zps9f0f3def.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/LockerSig_zps9f0f3def.jpg

Hope you like it.

I'm away for the weekend lads so the others who asked me will have to wait until next week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Absolute quality mikey! Except you spelt my name wrong!

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    If your passing is killing you, concentrate on your run game. Get that going and you will have to pass less and when you do pass the D will be more susceptible as they may be thinking run. The basis of my game when I started improve was run, run and more running.

I do run a lot and I almost exclusively run on 3rd and short.

Same for goal, I'm apprehensive running passing plays.

But its more fun passing the ball, I just always seem to lead it the wrong way, I see a gap and hold right on say a slant run but it goes to a different angle then I foresaw and its intercepted.

I can handle it in general but that game against the Buccs is really starting to bug me now, no way I should have lost 8-9 tries in a row against them.

I have learned a lot from playing the AI though, so many silly little things have caught me out and it was better to lose to the AI that way then against a real player(mainly using my timeouts correctly, was getting caught out where I'd have a FG/TD try but didn't manage the clock correctly and ended up out of time with 0 points. Or having timeouts and time but running the wrong sort of passing plays to get close enough for a late field goal. I've learned a fair bit through trial and error in relation to managing the clock).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I do run a lot and I almost exclusively run on 3rd and short.

Same for goal, I'm apprehensive running passing plays.

But its more fun passing the ball, I just always seem to lead it the wrong way, I see a gap and hold right on say a slant run but it goes to a different angle then I foresaw and its intercepted.

I can handle it in general but that game against the Buccs is really starting to bug me now, no way I should have lost 8-9 tries in a row against them.

I have learned a lot from playing the AI though, so many silly little things have caught me out and it was better to lose to the AI that way then against a real player(mainly using my timeouts correctly, was getting caught out where I'd have a FG/TD try but didn't manage the clock correctly and ended up out of time with 0 points. Or having timeouts and time but running the wrong sort of passing plays to get close enough for a late field goal. I've learned a fair bit through trial and error in relation to managing the clock).

Try not to lead the receiver for a couple of games and see if that makes any improvement to your passing. I'm an average passer of the ball and rarely, if ever lead a receiver. Depending on who your QB is, I've found that some of them end up making things go worse with regards to accuracy when leading the receiver and the ball ends up exactly where you don't want it.

Try some play action plays too. If you run quite a bit then hitting the opposition with play action can lead to big gains on the passing game, as they may load up at the line of scrimmage expecting you to run again but by the time they adjust you have pulled out of the running play and have the ball gone to an open receiver down field. A very effective tactic for all players but especially those that run a lot.

You should also get yourself into the practice arena. Try the plays you like best but lead the receiver different ways, don't lead the receiver, put the defense in zone coverage then man coverage to see how plays develop under different circumstances and you will soon start to see a bit of a pattern and will be able to adjust to what suits your game best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Get a play book you like, stick to it and know it inside out

You don't need to know 40 offensive plays

Knowing 20 and how to use them will help you more :)

Swopping to new play books all the time puts uneccesary pressure on yourself. True for real life players too I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

In my offline connected careers, I started the relocation process for the Jags. I was offered to move to Dublin and I am now the proud owner of the Dublin Celtic Tigers :D

Only learning today that Taiwan Jones is now a cornerback for the Raiders

I had him in Madden 11 as a running back.

Off topic post, just I wasn't aware of the switch

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Only learning today that Taiwan Jones is now a cornerback for the Raiders

I had him in Madden 11 as a running back.

Off topic post, just I wasn't aware of the switch

I had him last year on the PFL,he was pretty decent

Been a bit of a delay on these but I got a chance tonight, so Mikemac and Padraic here are your sigs, Raoul and Tyrell yours are coming up soon.

mikemac1_zpsc0177886.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/mikemac1_zpsc0177886.jpg

PadraicM_zpsce2e74b2.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/PadraicM_zpsce2e74b2.jpg

Hope you like them lads.

That is a quality hawks one mikey fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I really like the Ravens one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    In my offline connected careers, I started the relocation process for the Jags. I was offered to move to Dublin and I am now the proud owner of the Dublin Celtic Tigers :D

Should have just renamed them the Dublin Celts and relived the glory years of early Shamrock Bowls

Love my Ravens sig, thanks Mikey

I pity the fool who tries to run against Haloti Ngata :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,658 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

They look class Mikey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Love my Ravens sig, thanks Mikey

I pity the fool who tries to run against Haloti Ngata :mad:

This reminds me, who was it I was doing my rubbish MR.T impressions to last season?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

The ncaa game is done for for the time being due to the lawsuit against ea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

madalig12 wrote: »
    This reminds me, who was it I was doing my rubbish MR.T impressions to last season?:pac:

It was me! Haha,
    Everytime Willis did anything you "pitied the fool"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hey Mikey, any chance of an AJ Green sig?

adrian522 wrote: »
    Hey Mikey, any chance of an AJ Green sig?

No problem, 3rd in line behind Raoul and Tyrell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Excellent .. .

Lads is it just me or has the AI a significant advantage at running the no huddle offence?.

I find that when they run it my players are struggling back into line and I've even been caught with a flag before since they were ready to run it and I wasn't back in time.

But when I run it, it can sometimes take 15-20secs for everyone to get into position.

Does anyone else think your players react a lot slower on both sides of no huddle against the AI?.

Gripped as I just lost 21-14 and had 45secs to drive it from midfield after a long enough run and only managed to get one play off, couldn't even spike the ball before the other 17odd seconds ran out.

Also how do you signal a fair catch?

Prior to the 45 second drive their punt was landing a metre short to an out of player position, I ended up making him catch it and being tackled one short.
    I've had this problem a few times now. I think it says something about moving the stick?.

Yep.. I think it must be a definite bug

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Lads is it just me or has the AI a significant advantage at running the no huddle offence?.

I find that when they run it my players are struggling back into line and I've even been caught with a flag before since they were ready to run it and I wasn't back in time.

But when I run it, it can sometimes take 15-20secs for everyone to get into position.

Does anyone else think your players react a lot slower on both sides of no huddle against the AI?.

Gripped as I just lost 21-14 and had 45secs to drive it from midfield after a long enough run and only managed to get one play off, couldn't even spike the ball before the other 17odd seconds ran out.

Also how do you signal a fair catch?

Prior to the 45 second drive their punt was landing a metre short to an out of player position, I ended up making him catch it and being tackled one short.
    I've had this problem a few times now. I think it says something about moving the stick?.

Fair catch = press y while your the punt returner!

And don't forgot to press A to make your players hurry to the line of scrimmage!

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    And don't forgot to press A to make your players hurry to the line of scrimmage!

I didn't know that

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

I guess that's the missing piece. The AI players move so much quicker.

On the fair catch, I guess it just has to be pressed really early so as something I tried to do it nothing happened and I'd just start jumping after receiving.

• Advertisement

Make sure you are controlling the guy who is going to catch first, so press B to change who you are controlling, then Y

Advertisement