Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 14 (Well, actually it's Madden 25)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

adrian522 wrote: »
    Make sure you are controlling the guy who is going to catch first, so press B to change who you are controlling, then Y

This has caught me out a few times, as if you don't control the player who is going to receive the catch the CPU will make him run away and the ball will bounce nicely to inside your own 5 yard line if the ball lands anywhere near the 20.

In previous Madden's the CPU would always put the circle on the player set to catch the ball, but it doesn't happen this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Raoul, your sig is done.

Raoul_zpsc5de092b.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/Raoul_zpsc5de092b.jpg

Hope you like it. Tyrell up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

And Tyrrell, got yours done too.

Tyrrell_zpsca0419b9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Raoul, your sig is done.

Raoul_zpsc5de092b.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/Raoul_zpsc5de092b.jpg

Hope you like it. Tyrell up next.
    Looks great thanks!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    And Tyrrell, got yours done too.

Tyrrell_zpsca0419b9.jpg

Savage stuff, thanks a million :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Just picked this up now and redeemed by XBL account. Looking forward to a few games. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Knex. wrote: »
    Just picked this up now and redeemed by XBL account. Looking forward to a few games. :D

Should join the league mate! We have already started up but we play 3 seasons a year so would be great with more human players!

Should join the league mate! We have already started up but we play 3 seasons a year so would be great with more human players!

Yeah, I'll be looking to get involved alright! Should be fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Look at the chart on the who's who page and pick a team.

madalig12 wrote: »
    Look at the chart on the who's who page and pick a team.

I'd be looking to take the Eagles from who's left there I'd say.

• Advertisement

I'd be looking to take the Eagles from who's left there I'd say.

Heli will see this and send you an invite im sure. post up your gamertag. we are only three games into the season so good time to join. Best of luck.

Gamertag is I Knex I -> Xbox Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Gamertag is I Knex I -> Xbox Live.

Welcome to the league. Look at joining the community too and post up when you are looking for friendlies.

Not sure if it was just because I was playing the CPU in our franchise, but the accelerated clock was back.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Works for CPU game paully just not human v human games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Lads can somebody please give me some help on defense. Mine is absoloutely shocking. I can't stop anybody. I'd say I've had maybe 4 forced punts on the whole season. I don't see where I'm going wrong to be honest. Even in the last game I played, I'm calling blitzes but the HB is still making a good chunk of yardage each time. I can never get pressure on the QB either. Even when I blitz I find it hard to get sacks.

How do you call plays? I've tried doing it through using different formation in different situation but it never really works for me. The opponent will always have a man open somewhere. It can be very frustrating and having such bad defence forces me to play more risky football as I feel I have to score on every single drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    Lads can somebody please give me some help on defense. Mine is absoloutely shocking. I can't stop anybody. I'd say I've had maybe 4 forced punts on the whole season. I don't see where I'm going wrong to be honest. Even in the last game I played, I'm calling blitzes but the HB is still making a good chunk of yardage each time. I can never get pressure on the QB either. Even when I blitz I find it hard to get sacks.

How do you call plays? I've tried doing it through using different formation in different situation but it never really works for me. The opponent will always have a man open somewhere. It can be very frustrating and having such bad defence forces me to play more risky football as I feel I have to score on every single drive

Berry has a really good thing done up you could read, someone will probably link, don't know where it is myself!

The general thing I find is that when you call man to man, make sure your calling plays with the same amount of cb's to wr's...3 receivers, generally call nickel. 2 receivers, I find stack works. Anything higher than 3 is a bit harder. That's the pure basic really

If your finding it hard to stop the run, I myself spread players across the line and call zone, means if it's handed off, your guys rnt halfway down the pitch following a receiver. You can be picked apart on play action this way so it's a hard choice.

Calling blitzes is difficult, you can audible your defensive line to go left or right or clog up the middle if your trying to stuff draw plays or speedy HB getting to the outside but if your oppenent calls the right play, they r gonna gain good yards, unless you break through the line.

Again, I'd consult bertys info if someone could post it jere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Berry has a really good thing done up you could read, someone will probably link, don't know where it is myself!

Ah I've consulted that post many times over the past few seasons and it is very useful but only to a certain extent. I know when to use certain formations and how to stop plays in theory. It just never seems to work like I want it to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Help appreciated lads

Xbox live want me to verify myself with the email address I have registered with them

That was some hotmail address I used 7 years, haven't a notion how to get into that email again. Have not used it in years and years

Over recent months I was able to get past this security question/task but I just can't anymore. And so I can't sign on. :( My subscription is valid, I'm paid up until 2014

Is Microsoft doing this to ye all?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I changed my email to gmail a while back, you could try logging onto the xbox live site and see if you can change email address there. Otherwise call the helpline, they are actually not that bad to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Help appreciated lads

Xbox live want me to verify myself with the email address I have registered with them

That was some hotmail address I used 7 years, haven't a notion how to get into that email again. Have not used it in years and years

Over recent months I was able to get past this security question/task but I just can't anymore. And so I can't sign on. :( My subscription is valid, I'm paid up until 2014

Is Microsoft doing this to ye all?

go to contact us, wait for a member of staff, took me like 40 minutes, he escelated it quickly and had it back by the morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Hard to believe (actually it's not :pac:) that it took them 8 weeks to fixed something like that and the injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Paully D wrote: »
    Hard to believe (actually it's not :pac:) that it took them 8 weeks to fixed something like that and the injuries.

Ya!! Now it takes even longer to load up than before!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I didn't see it posted already, thought it was good :)

Regarding offering contracts to existing players, I've started low and been rejected, then offered what they wanted and still rejected now I'm worried I'm gonna lose some good players as I'm offering above what they are looking for and will find out next week if I lose some top players. My 84 DT is gone already.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

you'll get another chance to resign them at the end of the season.

In the PFL, roos has rejected me even though I've offered a shed load of cash, he's one of the best LTs in the league so really need to keep him

Regarding offering contracts to existing players, I've started low and been rejected, then offered what they wanted and still rejected now I'm worried I'm gonna lose some good players as I'm offering above what they are looking for and will find out next week if I lose some top players. My 84 DT is gone already.

Some players just won't want to sign for you regardless of what you offer. Like in real life, some of them want to explore free agency.

But I'll pay them anything!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭davetherave

But I'll pay them anything!!!:D

What's that Aaron Rodgers, you say you had a record breaking year? You want to restructure your contract? $40m a year for five years with 25m guaranteed per year? Playoff bonus? Nah best I can do is five grand, a six pack of Dutch gold and a bag of Haribo fun mix.

Advertisement