Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 14 (Well, actually it's Madden 25)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I hope we see NFL 2k14 this year, I know there's a slim chance of it happening. Got 2k5 for a few quid and it is better than the modern Madden games, where defending is too easy and attacking is way too hard, I throw at least 3 INTs every game and every single game is a low scoring defensive battle. Madden used to be fun on the PS2 where your QB could drop back and not have to throw the ball within 2 seconds and there was the odd crazy shootout.

EA have the licence sown up for a million years or something. So 2K would have to do an unlicensed game, which I would doubt they would. Would be nice to see a different company do a NFL game. The first game I played was NFL Quarterback club on the N64 and it was awesome. I think it was anyway, I hadn't a clue what I was doing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

etloveslsd wrote: »
    EA have the licence sown up for a million years or something. So 2K would have to do an unlicensed game, which I would doubt they would. Would be nice to see a different company do a NFL game. The first game I played was NFL Quarterback club on the N64 and it was awesome. I think it was anyway, I hadn't a clue what I was doing.

I think the license expires this year, I'm not sure, anyway I think It's unlikely 2K would release a game this year anyway, which is a shame because Madden could use some competition to push them on and force them to improve there game. I think the modern FIFA games are great, I don't think they would be as good if Pro Evo weren't there as legitimate competition.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Are you on xbox or PS?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Are you on xbox or PS?
    Me? I'm on PS

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Me? I'm on PS

Ah shame, we could always do with another recruit!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I think the license expires this year, I'm not sure, anyway I think It's unlikely 2K would release a game this year anyway, which is a shame because Madden could use some competition to push them on and force them to improve there game. I think the modern FIFA games are great, I don't think they would be as good if Pro Evo weren't there as legitimate competition.
    Fifa is just awful and Pro Evo isn't great either imo.Its an awful era for those 2 games.
    Personally I think Madden is fantastic,then again I'm new to it this year

A part from a few minor niggles FIFA is great, Pro Evo went downhill after Pro Evo 5, I enjoyed Madden 10 but since then games against the CPU are too infuriating to be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I find CPU Madden to be terribly monotonous, but I have just this year discovered the joy of online connected careers and I am still absolutely loving Madden over 6 months after first playing it, something I have never done before. It's totally changed the way I see that game and have to say it's now my favourite game, I'm in 3 online leagues and am considering a 4th to be honest.

The EA Madden NFL licence does expire this year and it remains to be seen whether or not EA will front the cash for it again, I don't think we will see a competitor for Madden this year, but it could very well happen on the next gen of consoles imo.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The EA Madden NFL licence does expire this year and it remains to be seen whether or not EA will front the cash for it again, I don't think we will see a competitor for Madden this year, but it could very well happen on the next gen of consoles imo.

Cant see them not paying the money mikey, EA knows its a cash cow and the exposure the NFL gets from it is huge too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

A part from a few minor niggles FIFA is great, Pro Evo went downhill after Pro Evo 5, I enjoyed Madden 10 but since then games against the CPU are too infuriating to be fun.
    800+ posts in the Fifa complaining thread would suggest more than a few niggles,anyway this is not a fifa debate.Was gonna post something like Mikey but to be honest he's summed it up just perfect.The online CC mode is really really fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Off topic but is it possible to get NCAA game on an Irish Xbox?

Carroller wrote: »
    Off topic but is it possible to get NCAA game on an Irish Xbox?

Nope

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Paully D wrote: »
    Round two finishes on Wednesday, below are how the match ups are looking at present:

82a5656d712ccd4227e8c713cc7049b4.png?1364254604`

Surprised to see Kaepernick being beaten by Green.

Santry I hope you got your vote in for Ray Lewis :pac:

Next round is up, Glad to see Lewis eliminated to be honest.

Close one between AP and RG3.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden25cover

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I hope Deion Sanders wins. The game needs more players like him. Every sport does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭Justin10

Surprised how much AP beat Gronk by, I think Deion will win the golden oldies section.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Quarter final time:

024e414d07a8ff3392bcafe4d98f3aab.png?1365463841

Lewis and Rice are gone. I never wanted them on the cover anyway :( :P

I'd be happy with any of those left on the cover apart from Foster to be honest. Completely irrational really but I'd just much rather any of the other 7 players.

I read Joe Montana and Barry Sanders were 8/1 joint favourites before the whole thing started, but it'd be interesting to see how the betting is looking now. Although it means nothing really as Megatron was an 18/1 shot before voting started last year.

Personally I feel they should have had one old school and one new school player on the cover.

EDIT - Just noticed the posts by the lads on the previous pages, never saw them until I pressed submit. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

god damn it i miss madden i dont have an xbox over here and i swear im having withdrawels luckly i should be back just before the new one

Oh and im going jerry rice and ap

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Joe Montana, RG3 and Russell Wilson all eliminated. All in on Jerry Rice now....

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden25cover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Rice and Peterson I'd say!

It's one or the other though...final is April 17-24

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

It'll be Rice and AP in the final. I reckon Rice will win it though

Boom called it

Amazed there are no QB's in the final 4.

Peterson v Sanders in the final....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

http://www.vgstrategy.com/ea-sports-announces-madden-nfl-25-playbook-timeline/ Dates on the announcement of some of the new features

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    http://www.vgstrategy.com/ea-sports-announces-madden-nfl-25-playbook-timeline/ Dates on the announcement of some of the new features

Really looking forward to seeing what they've done with the improvements to connected careers.

Is it me or does that link not say anything about whats going to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Is it me or does that link not say anything about whats going to happen?

Yeah your right it gives a timeline of when we should have info on it! Lol

were going to have stamina bars in it 2 back systems are in

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/madden-25-run-free

• Advertisement

Just reading through some threads and hopefully we can get everyone back and get a full league again like the start of Madden 13 as there seems to be a lot of people leaving.

The build up to the Boards Madden 13 season starting was great especially with the draft. It would be brilliant if that was the case again this year.

Advertisement