Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 14 (Well, actually it's Madden 25)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Madden : 25 Streetfighter

Von Miller uses Heatseeker Tackle

VonMiller_sackDance.gif

Its Super Effective!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

It will be like ball hawking but for tackling, thats my guess. Really got annoyed by the sound those hits were making, sounds like smashing a bunch of wooden boxes.

575353_10151584856998756_23123175_n.jpg

Lookin' well! Big career mode reveal tomorrow apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The wait all summer is going to be a killer when they have revealed everything, especially with no other sports on this year. Last year wasn't too bad as the Euros were on and then the Olympics as a bit of a distraction, but this summer I'll just be dying to get my hands on this!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

looks good anyway, but its a long way til august!

So... It's now "connected franchise" which looks the same except you're the owner and can change the prices of concessions, upgrade your stadium etc. I wonder if I'll be able to relocate the Jags? :pac:

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

So... It's now "connected franchise" which looks the same except you're the owner and can change the prices of concessions, upgrade your stadium etc. I wonder if I'll be able to relocate the Jags? :pac:
    Ya you can re-locate
    http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/connected-franchise

I'm very happy, this sounds pretty good

• Advertisement

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 1m
    ICYMI: #Madden25 will feature the ability to import draft classes from NCAA Football game.

Lovely stuff :)

Altogether it looks very promising features wise. That said, until we see some proper gameplay it will be hard to judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Paully D wrote: »
    Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 1m

Lovely stuff :)

Altogether it looks very promising features wise. That said, until we see some proper gameplay it will be hard to judge.

Impossible though for us on this side of the water :/

SantryRed wrote: »

I'm not sure how I didn't think of that. The fact I get NCAA on PS3 and Madden on Xbox didn't even register to me. I blame tiredness :pac: Are you getting NCAA this year mate?

Oh lads, the big Xbox reveal for the next gen console is tomorrow (or later today depending on if you judge 12:30am to be a new day :) ), it'll be interesting to see if Madden 14/25 is listed as a launch title.

I'm not sure how I didn't think of that. The fact I get NCAA on PS3 and Madden on Xbox didn't even register to me. I blame tiredness :pac: Are you getting NCAA this year mate?

Oh lads, the big Xbox reveal for the next gen console is tomorrow (or later today depending on if you judge 12:30am to be a new day :) ), it'll be interesting to see if Madden 14/25 is listed as a launch title.

I'll be watching. What time does it start?

EDIT: 6pm lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Lads I'll be back for this :)
    SantryRed wrote: »

would be so much better if they had like the Roster Share in NCAA but for draft classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

In America for the summer so will probably pick it up for the PS3 on my way home alright! Depends how good the reviews are.

I reckon Madden 14 will be getting announced today for the next gen. Looking forward to it!

Madden confirmed on the new Xbox. Something tells me the Madden on the 360/PS3 will be given half an effort this year as the developers have an eye on next generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

Curious... Which console will next season boards league be on? I'm guessing 360...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, the new xbox wont be out by then anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ya wasn't sure when release is but figured this as soon as I posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah plus the xbox will probably cost around a grand when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Raoul wrote: »

I doubt it'll be that much. With the 360 Microsoft actually sold it at a loss to gain market share over the PS3. Hopefully they do the same this time. For that money I think I'd just buy a high spec gaming PC

Xbox will be out globally earlier while the PS4 will have its phased launch from what i gather with (Japan, US, Europe) so could potentially be 6-12 month headstart for XBO

Im not too concerned about specs and that, Halo and online play for Madden are what concern me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Tbh, the madden league is the main reason I turn on the Xbox anymore. If the majority here stay with Xbox, and if Ireland has any access to the NFL stuff, then I'll be buying one.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Tbh, the madden league is the main reason I turn on the Xbox anymore. If the majority here stay with Xbox, and if Ireland has any access to the NFL stuff, then I'll be buying one.

yeah this another key thing for me, i'd love to be able to watch the titans each week (yes i knowi can get game pass) but i'd love to be able to do it on the tv

Raoul wrote: »

I would be absolutely shocked if either machine broke the 499.99 barrier. Companies know that scares customers away.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I would be absolutely shocked if either machine broke the 499.99 barrier. Companies know that scares customers away.

Yeah me too, there is a very definite watershed after €500 after that even if its €555 people associated the amount with €1K.

My wife said i'm not allowed get one as i spend too much time playing Madden and it'll be too expensive

My reply... my xbox was bought in 2007 (€350) and 7 years of xbox live (€250) and probably 2 new games a year + a few second hand ones (€1050)

So a total of nearly €2K, about €250 per year.

Considering when i go to the local for a few pints i'd spend 40-50 or if i go out to town its probably closer to 100, i would say the xbox has saved me thousands over the time i've had it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It wil be expensive at launch but will drop soon after that. When the PS4 launches they may drop the price, also at that point may be able to pick one up 2nd hand, which is what I did with the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Hate to say it lads but the ps4 looks better the only upside to the Xbox seems to be the ability to watch nfl and I doubt that will be available in Ireland

• Advertisement

Why do you say it looks better? We really know nothing about either machine at this point.

Advertisement