Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 14 (Well, actually it's Madden 25)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Are you pre-ordering it this year, or just going to pick it up on the day of release? Last year we would have had it a day before release only for the bank holiday in the UK meant pre-orders were running a day behind, thus we got it on release day with Gamesnash.

The bank holiday is also on the Monday of release week this year too, so it looks like it will be difficult to get it a day before release again.

I'll probably just order from Gamesnash again to save the hassle of having to get out and go to town :pac: They are usually spot on with prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Paully D wrote: »
    Are you pre-ordering it this year, or just going to pick it up on the day of release? Last year we would have had it a day before release only for the bank holiday in the UK meant pre-orders were running a day behind, thus we got it on release day with Gamesnash.

The bank holiday is also on the Monday of release week this year too, so it looks like it will be difficult to get it a day before release again.

I'll probably just order from Gamesnash again to save the hassle of having to get out and go to town :pac: They are usually spot on with prices.

I bought an EA Sports season ticket last year to get FIFA 13, and it's good for 12 months, so I am hoping I'll be able to have early access to Madden 25 and then just pick it up on release day.

Lads, I exchanged a PM with Pat from Gamesnash earlier, and he said he would throw in an order based on how many expressions of interest there were from us in terms of purchasing the game from them, the same as last year.

Gamestop are quoting an absolutely mental €64.97 for the game (link here) and Pat said he'd be aiming to beat that price by at least €10.

They are also asking about shipping/delivery times to them in terms of the bank holiday which I mentioned a couple of posts up earlier, so there may be a chance we could get the game a day earlier from them compared to other retailers if that works out, although that obviously couldn't be guaranteed.

I know there's a few on here that won't be able to make it out of work on time to get it in a shop on the day of release, or perhaps some don't want to take a chance on game stores in their town not stocking it, so if you're thinking of pre-ordering I couldn't recommend Gamesnash highly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

id be interested in the game, what system are ye playing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

XBox 360

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Paully D wrote: »
    Lads, I exchanged a PM with Pat from Gamesnash earlier, and he said he would throw in an order based on how many expressions of interest there were from us in terms of purchasing the game from them, the same as last year.

Gamestop are quoting an absolutely mental €64.97 for the game (link here) and Pat said he'd be aiming to beat that price by at least €10.

They are also asking about shipping/delivery times to them in terms of the bank holiday which I mentioned a couple of posts up earlier, so there may be a chance we could get the game a day earlier from them compared to other retailers if that works out, although that obviously couldn't be guaranteed.

I know there's a few on here that won't be able to make it out of work on time to get it in a shop on the day of release, or perhaps some don't want to take a chance on game stores in their town not stocking it, so if you're thinking of pre-ordering I couldn't recommend Gamesnash highly enough.

I'm nowhere near as excited for this version as I was for the last. The changes will be much more incremental I think then the complete redesign we got for Madden 13.

As Such I'm not that bothered about getting it on release day but if we are doing a group order and we get a better price or faster delivery I'm happy enough to go with that.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'm nowhere near as excited for this version as I was for the last. The changes will be much more incremental I think then the complete redesign we got for Madden 13.

As Such I'm not that bothered about getting it on release day but if we are doing a group order and we get a better price or faster delivery I'm happy enough to go with that.

Cool, I'll also go with Gamesnash if we can get a few together. Anyone else up for ordering from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Yup

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Yep me aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

I'd be up for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    I'd be up for that!

Yes sir

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Right lads.

Here's what we can do for you guys ...

We've got the price down to €54.99 delivered (€52.99 + €2.00 standard postage) Cost price is a bit higher than normal but it's nowhere near some of the prices being quoted elsewhere.

If you order from us and choose express post option (which costs €6.00 for a total of €58.99) we will give you Free Of Charge one of these 8GB USB sticks. Granted they are soccer orientated rather than American football but we're focusing on a football link :D

To get the boards exclusive freebie please PM me with your order number so I can add it to your order and put you on priority picking / shipping etc. Even if you're not going for express post drop me a PM so I can get your order prioritised. Just to be clear - you do not need to order the 8gb stick from the site. It will be bundled in afterwards to all express post orders.

Last caveat - we have to put in orders in the next 2 weeks so if at all possible I'd appreciate if you could order within that time frame or PM me with your intention to order so we can collate totals. Madden isn't a strong title for us outside of this forum and we're going to be keeping stock levels very tight.

Cheers

Pat

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pat if possible if you get any orders not from guys on the forum, can you refer them to the forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Guys ye'll be ordering on xbox360 right??

Just seen this on the Gamesnash website too re: Madden:
    Pre Order Lowest Price Guarantee.

We guarantee to match and beat release day prices in store at Gamestop, Xtravision and Smyths Toy Stores. If the price you pay from us is bettered on release day at any of these competitors we will refund your payment with the difference or credit your account with the difference plus €1.00.

Can't say fairer than that.

Cheers Pat! I'll get my order in at some stage over the weekend.
    Arawn wrote: »
    Guys ye'll be ordering on xbox360 right??

Yes mate, Xbox 360.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Pat if possible if you get any orders not from guys on the forum, can you refer them to the forum!

What like spam everyone who orders madden with a link to the forum?

I like it.

I'm sure we can do something.

We can't mail people though directly about it as customers signing up to our mailings give permission for info about us rather than a 3rd party and we'd be on shaky ground.

Will check into it and see what can be done though. Maybe an insert in the envelope might be the way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Just putting my name in the hat with preorders! Ill have it ordered within the next week :)

• Advertisement

Clutch player list released:

CB Darrelle Revis (TB)
    CB Champ Bailey (DEN)
    FS Eric Weddle (SD)
    FS Ed Reed (HOU)
    FS Charles Woodson (OAK)
    HB Marshawn Lynch (SEA)
    HB Ray Rice (BAL)
    HB Frank Gore (SF)
    HB Maurice Jones-Drew (JAX)
    K Rob Bironas (TEN)
    K Adam Vinatieri (IND)
    K Matt Prater (DEN)
    LT Joe Thomas (CLE)
    MLB Patrick Willis (SF)
    MLB Derrick Johnson (KC)
    QB Aaron Rodgers (GB)
    QB Tom Brady (NE)
    QB Peyton Manning (DEN)
    QB Drew Brees (NO)
    QB Joe Flacco (BAL)
    QB Ben Roethlisberger (PIT)
    QB Eli Manning (NYG)
    QB Tim Tebow (NE)
    RE Justin Smith (SF)
    RE DeMarcus Ware (DAL)
    RE Jared Allen (MIN)
    ROLB Clay Matthews (GB)
    SS Troy Polamalu (PIT)
    TE Jimmy Graham (NO)
    TE Antonio Gates (SD)
    WR Calvin Johnson Jr. (DET)
    WR Andre Johnson (HOU)
    WR Larry Fitzgerald (ARI)
    WR Steve Smith (CAR)
    WR Anquan Boldin (SF)
    WR Santonio Holmes (NYJ)
    WR Mario Manningham (SF)

Flacco is the only new player on the list. Luck and Tucker just miss out according to the ratings maker.

When your clutch player is a kicker, you know its going to be a long season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Have put in my order there Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Also put my order in with express post, will pm my booking number to you now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Just pre ordered too :)

Ordered aswell

Hi lads

I think I have everyones order so far upgraded. Your order status should say priority pick. If it doesn't please let me know and I will sort it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Hi lads

I think I have everyones order so far upgraded. Your order status should say priority pick. If it doesn't please let me know and I will sort it for you.

Any chance u could send me the link? Wanna pre-order as well

Any chance u could send me the link? Wanna pre-order as well

Linky

• Advertisement

Finally some proper footage, over an hour in total! :D

The new running cuts and improved play in the trenches looks great.

Advertisement