Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 14 (Well, actually it's Madden 25)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

gufc21 wrote: »
    Duno if this has been put up or no yet but thes are top players in position.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000230232/article/sneak-peek-at-the-madden-nfl-25-ratings

Wide receiver
    1. Calvin Johnson: 99 (3)
    T-2. Andre Johnson: 97 (14)
    T-2. Brandon Marshall: 97 (27)
    4. A.J. Green: 94 (16)
    T-5. Roddy White: 93 (39)
    T-5. Wes Welker: 93 (44)

No Larry Fitzgerald in the top five is very surprising. He was 97 OVR last year. That's a big drop.

Some more gameplay videos below (just mute the videos due to the annoying commentators).

We should start to see far more of these, plus detailed videos of connected franchise etc over the next few days as the American's get season ticket on Friday at 6pm (GMT).

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

For those who were concerned about the bank hol in the UK effecting shipping times into us I'm happy to confirm stock has arrived into Ireland so there will be no hassles at all getting the game out to you guys on time next week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

When should we expect it pat?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Just send them now Pat we won't tell!!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

When should we expect it pat?

Knowing you lot you'd expect it on Monday morning :D

You know yourself lads - we have to aim for release day delivery but will be making sure there is no chance that boardsies orders miss this. We will be erring on the side of caution. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully D wrote: »

I wonder can you do a franchise and have people as players,coaches and owners at the same time?

Personally i'd be all for signing up as an owner

I wonder can you do a franchise and have people as players,coaches and owners at the same time?

Personally i'd be all for signing up as an owner

Owner is what we're doing for the connected franchise, isn't it? Will we be creating an owner too, as this is what we did for the head coach last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/madden-nfl-25-xbox-360/dp/33195237#bc=36e1

Madden 25 here for only €38. I have it ordered with Gamesnash for €53.

Raoul wrote: »
    http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/madden-nfl-25-xbox-360/dp/33195237#bc=36e1

Madden 25 here for only €38. I have it ordered with Gamesnash for €53.

You won't get it anywhere near release day if you order it from them. It looks like an Irish/UK website based on their .ie address, but their stock is actually sent from the Far East (Hong Kong) so would take around 3 weeks to arrive in Ireland, hence the low price.

See post below from another forum on Boards regarding this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82742676

That, and you may even get charged import VAT and clearance like this poster from Hot UK Deals when they ordered from said site, when the game eventually arrives into the country:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/wow-hd-beware-1353671

And they get an average of 1.5/5 from over 200 reviews on the below review site:

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews2429.html

Don't go near them. There's always a catch when an offer seems too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭Justin10

Just on the flip side to the above, I've used them a couple of times, had really quick delivery and never charged by customs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Just a quick q.....

When should I expect the game from gamesnash? For some reason I thought the game was out today :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Carroller wrote: »
    Just a quick q.....

When should I expect the game from gamesnash? For some reason I thought the game was out today :o

Its out today in the USA, monday for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Its out today in the USA, monday for us.

Ah sh*** had a week off this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Crap I thought it was today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Maybe I'm wrong?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The official release date is Friday August 30th, so should have it by then or maybe on Thursday if we are lucky.

If you are eager to play you can purchase EA season pass and download and start playing right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

adrian522 wrote: »
    The official release date is Friday August 30th, so should have it by then or maybe on Thursday if we are lucky.

If you are eager to play you can purchase EA season pass and download and start playing right away.

Yeah I was on to Pat asking if there were any copies left and he said we'd have it by Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ok guys here are some of my musings from my brief time with the game so far and from watching a decent amount of good players on twitch.tv.

-The run game is fantastic. It's not overpowered, if you are good you can control a game with the run, but there is a significant increase in fumbles and, in particular, injuries. A hard hit can and will hurt your guys, so you have to protect them.

-Young, fast players can perform really well, potential is a big thing. This is coming from playing with the Jaguars rookies, on defence, our 1st and 2nd draft picks Jonathan Cyprien and Dwayne Gratz are rated in the 70's, but they have been absolute beasts for me.

-Mobile QB's are a shortcut to success. If you have a team with an average or poor QB, get a mobile one. I played with Gabbert and Henne for Jacksonville and they were garbage. So bad that I had to try our undrafted rookie QB Matt Scott, who is 65 overall. He has 80 speed and can run well, his passing is powerful and his accuracy is in the low 70's... He is amazing. You can run the option, and throw well on the run, if you keep it to smart passes you are set. The reason these guys have low OVR ratings is because of their awareness, but as you are controlling the QB, only your awareness matters. The likes of Terrell Pryor, Gino Smith and Tavaris Jackson are going to be similar, and the best example is EJ Manuel, he is very good in the game.

-Chris Johnson is the best player in the game. He is totally unplayable. People were talking about the Vikings as a top 5 team because of Peterson, but I think Johnson and the Titans are better. Locker is better than Ponder and the Titans have speed at WR, TE, LB and CB with fumble machine Pollard on D. They are my sleeper team this year, if a good player gets them he can do well.

-The CPU teams won't be everybody's bitch again this year. The CPU on All-Pro is better than M13, much better. Mainly because CPU QB's can now lead their team on long drives, the defence is smarter too. I've struggled a few times, on M13 I won by 30 points every time.

-My beloved TE Streaks from Madden 13 are not as effective, the Screen pass however is very effective as blocking is much better. The read option can be devastating with any mobile QB, but you can counter it by manually choose to go for the QB or the HB in the pre-snap menu.

Have to say I think it's great so far. Really enjoying it.

Great stuff Mikey.

On a seperate note I was just looking at the date this thread was created and it's hard to believe it has been over six months. We will finally have the game in another day or two! :D

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Ok guys here are some of my musings from my brief time with the game so
    -Chris Johnson is the best player in the game. He is totally unplayable. People were talking about the Vikings as a top 5 team because of Peterson, but I think Johnson and the Titans are better. Locker is better than Ponder and the Titans have speed at WR, TE, LB and CB with fumble machine Pollard on D. They are my sleeper team this year, if a good player gets them he can do well.

The Titans are a sleeper team but i think really on offense only mikey. Locker can run, the WRs are good, i dont think they are that speedy, Britt is the fastest iirc but they Britt, Wright, Hunter and Mariani (love me some mariani!) are decent. The O-line should be beastly and for anyone who dares take the titans before me do keep Jackie Battle at RB, he's a human wrecking ball.

The big issue is the D, ok the D-line may get some pressure but overall its not good, the secondary is not good, George Wilson at safety i think for me would see more time than pollard, McCarthy needs to stay healthy.

so a lot of questions but i think they'll be fun to play with

-Young, fast players can perform really well, potential is a big thing. This is coming from playing with the Jaguars rookies, on defence, our 1st and 2nd draft picks Jonathan Cyprien and Dwayne Gratz are rated in the 70's, but they have been absolute beasts for me.

-Mobile QB's are a shortcut to success. If you have a team with an average or poor QB, get a mobile one. I played with Gabbert and Henne for Jacksonville and they were garbage. So bad that I had to try our undrafted rookie QB Matt Scott, who is 65 overall. He has 80 speed and can run well, his passing is powerful and his accuracy is in the low 70's... He is amazing. You can run the option, and throw well on the run, if you keep it to smart passes you are set. The reason these guys have low OVR ratings is because of their awareness, but as you are controlling the QB, only your awareness matters. The likes of Terrell Pryor, Gino Smith and Tavaris Jackson are going to be similar, and the best example is EJ Manuel, he is very good in the game.

I'm not sure I like this what so ever. It's going to be like fifa, where it's pretty easy to abuse the speed stat. It already sounds like it's pretty over powered. A player who's rated 65 should perform like a player who's rated 65. What's the point in the ratings then? Tavaris Jackson...a good QB? Come on....

I think defending against the read option is going to make this the most frustrating madden yet!

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    I'm not sure I like this what so ever. It's going to be like fifa, where it's pretty easy to abuse the speed stat. It already sounds like it's pretty over powered. A player who's rated 65 should perform like a player who's rated 65. What's the point in the ratings then? Tavaris Jackson...a good QB? Come on....

I think defending against the read option is going to make this the most frustrating madden yet!

I dont think so, i mean you look at Heyward Bey, I had him in 2 franchises last year.

His realease was 85 or something and his speed and acc were high 90s, in basically every press coverage play he blew by his receiver and aslong as the pass was on the money it wouldnt be picked, however his catching was only high 70s or maybe early 80s so he didnt catch everything.

My rookie TE Cody Johnson, hands of steel all his catchign stats were mid 80s however his awareness, route running etc was very poor so if he was waiting for the ball he'd catch everything, however he'd also be get the ball in the back of the head quite a bit

I dont think so, i mean you look at Heyward Bey, I had him in 2 franchises last year.

His realease was 85 or something and his speed and acc were high 90s, in basically every press coverage play he blew by his receiver and aslong as the pass was on the money it wouldnt be picked, however his catching was only high 70s or maybe early 80s so he didnt catch everything.

My rookie TE Cody Johnson, hands of steel all his catchign stats were mid 80s however his awareness, route running etc was very poor so if he was waiting for the ball he'd catch everything, however he'd also be get the ball in the back of the head quite a bit

Sorry, I was talking more about QBs. It won't be to as big of an extent with receivers etc but when I see mobile QBs described as "a shortcut to success" it's kind of worrying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

i have the ea sports season ticket and i have one month left on it,but i cannot find madden 25 on psn store with early access?
    anyone help with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The Titans are a sleeper team but i think really on offense only mikey. Locker can run, the WRs are good, i dont think they are that speedy, Britt is the fastest iirc but they Britt, Wright, Hunter and Mariani (love me some mariani!) are decent. The O-line should be beastly and for anyone who dares take the titans before me do keep Jackie Battle at RB, he's a human wrecking ball.

The big issue is the D, ok the D-line may get some pressure but overall its not good, the secondary is not good, George Wilson at safety i think for me would see more time than pollard, McCarthy needs to stay healthy.

so a lot of questions but i think they'll be fun to play with

I think the D are seriously usable. 2 seriously speedy linebackers, one at 88 and one at 90 speed, that means they can keep up with slot recivers and any tight end, then you have Pollard who if he makes 3 tackles will force 1 fumble.

I suspect you are just trying to throw people off the scent with the draft coming up! :p
    The_Gatsby wrote: »
    Sorry, I was talking more about QBs. It won't be to as big of an extent with receivers etc but when I see mobile QBs described as "a shortcut to success" it's kind of worrying!

It was at least for me and my play style, I tend to be very conservative with my QB's and don't take risky throws. Obviously Matt Scott isn't as good as Rodgers, RGIII, Wilson and Kaep but he was usable, unlike inaccurate QB's who are slow, who I think won't cut it in M25.

I think the D are seriously usable. 2 seriously speedy linebackers, one at 88 and one at 90 speed, that means they can keep up with slot recivers and any tight end, then you have Pollard who if he makes 3 tackles will force 1 fumble.

I suspect you are just trying to throw people off the scent with the draft coming up! :p

Shut up mikey :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

World shocked as Titans picked at #4......

Advertisement