Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not getting paid for 6 weeks

Options
  • 22-02-2013 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I just joined a company on a permanent basis. They're refusing to pay me until 6 weeks time and I need money for my rent. I just opened my bank account recently so my bank refused me an overdraft.

I asked my manager to get me an advance but he says it's out of his hands. The agency who placed me said there's not much they can do either and they're "truly sorry" for the inconvenience.

I'm really stuck for my rent and bills and I just don't know what to do. Can anyone advise on what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

You could ask someone in Payroll very nicely for an advance. Some companies for some reason will only pay someone after they've worked a full pay cycle, which can be a real pain. I once worked a 7 week contract and had finished up before I got my first paycheck.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ask family or friends for a loan? Credit union?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Talk to the CWO. They may be able to help. Or try the SVP.

Advertisement