Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star trek enterprise

Options
  • 22-02-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

So this is being shown on pick tv lately specifically season 4.
    Am i the only one who hated this show back in the day but haven't missed an episode since its been rerun at lest for s4 ?.Its really very good even the filler episodes such as about the inventor of the transporter is well done guess when the over whelming negativity around the show isn't coloring my opinion and i no longer care about the little things like enterprise/akira class look alike and some what dodgy acting from tpol its much easier to see it for what it is ..quite quality sci fi entertainment

I really miss tv star trek :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If the movies keep doing well, we will see a return to tv trek.

It will be a bit dumbed down from what it was though. We won't see TNG type trek again.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭boris232

bizmark wrote: »
    So this is being shown on pick tv lately specifically season 4.
    Am i the only one who hated this show back in the day but haven't missed an episode since its been rerun at lest for s4 ?.Its really very good even the filler episodes such as about the inventor of the transporter is well done guess when the over whelming negativity around the show isn't coloring my opinion and i no longer care about the little things like enterprise/akira class look alike and some what dodgy acting from tpol its much easier to see it for what it is ..quite quality sci fi entertainment

I really miss tv star trek :(

I think at the time that audiences suffered a good bit from Trek overkill. However I am watching it as well and it was not bad apart from the crummy opening sequence and Tpol's very poor acting (don't think I have ever seen her in anything else)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I just keep expecting Archer to leap at the end of each episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I hate the fact they named the ship Enterprise.

I hate Captain Archer (did we really need another American captain? He's so bland and boring)

I hate T'Pol....another Vulcan seriously?

It's a pity, season 4 was starting to get decent. The whole temporal cold war and the Xindi storyline, I hated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Archer was developeing somem sort of human like personality in the end i thought It certiantly wasnt due to a bad actor in the role just crap writeing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Enterprise is better now then it was when first released, it could be because the change was so vast to regular Star Trek and over time people warmed to it, season 4 in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

To this day it still pisses me off that Enterprise was cancelled. Sure the first couple of seasons were very hit and miss. But season 4 was amazing, they had really begun to hit their stride. My mouth waters to think what Seasons 5, 6 & 7 would have been like. Unfortunately, we will never know! :(

Just completed series 4, that was pretty good Star Trek! Granted though I didn't see series 1 - 3 as I was watching them on Pick TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Dónal wrote: »
    Just completed series 4, that was pretty good Star Trek! Granted though I didn't see series 1 - 3 as I was watching them on Pick TV.

Watch them all if you get the chance, you won't be anywhere near as impressed as with season 4 but seasons 1 and 2 have their moment, 3 meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

The last season, bar the last episode, was non stop classic and good trek, the mirror universe episodes were class, the borg episode was class, the soong episodes, all brilliant.

The series was kneecapped by that xindi/temporal cold war disaster fo a storyline though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

The last season, bar the last episode, was non stop classic and good trek, the mirror universe episodes were class, the borg episode was class, the soong episodes, all brilliant.

The series was kneecapped by that xindi/temporal cold war disaster fo a storyline though.

Enterprise's S4 is arguably the most consistently good season of Trek's 28 seasons. It doesn't reach the peaks other seasons do in places but there is almost no filler at all, just great ep after great ep almost the whole way through.

The nazi crap and the end of S3 was the final nail in the coffin. What were they thinking? Such a shame it was cancelled after coming into its own and really hitting its stride. I have no doubt season 5 would have been equally outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You can't call season 4 consistently good and then blame season 3 for the "nazi crap". That was season 4. The last few minutes of season 3 is just setup for it. Season 3 was the Xindi.

I quite liked it personally, I like a large story.....a long arc. Season 3 also had one of the best eps of the whole series, in "Twilight".

Advertisement