Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Coast Holidays Grrrrrrr!

Options
  • 22-02-2013 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

In December 2012, I booked a family Easter break in Westport with this so called business, paid 75 % upfront and even received a confirmation email. This week I was told there was a pricing error on the website and I owe a further € 300! Now, they are refusing to reply to my mails, how very professional! The National Consumer Agency think I have a very valid case! <SNIP>

Is small claims court worth the hassle or is a full refund enough, bear in mind I can't get similar break in WestPort. Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

The small claims court is very straight forward-you can do everything online and I believe that you can even claim compensation (not sure if you'll get it)

www.courts.ie

Just one thing-I'm not sure how it works with online businesses. One point that you must remember if purchasing in a shop is that you must make your claim in the district court where you BOUGHT your product-not your local one.
    So make sure you make your claim in the court where the business is registered.

With the small claims court-you make a claim, they come back with a response and then you respond and a judgement is made-takes a couple of weeks from start to finish.

Did you book with a credit card-maybe you can just go through them to get your money back??

On a seperate note we booked with them last year in Kilkee and wouldn't use them again-property was very grotty and not well looked after

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 kneeler

Lyn256 wrote: »
    The small claims court is very straight forward-you can do everything online and I believe that you can even claim compensation (not sure if you'll get it)

www.courts.ie

Just one thing-I'm not sure how it works with online businesses. One point that you must remember if purchasing in a shop is that you must make your claim in the district court where you BOUGHT your product-not your local one.
    So make sure you make your claim in the court where the business is registered.

With the small claims court-you make a claim, they come back with a response and then you respond and a judgement is made-takes a couple of weeks from start to finish.

Did you book with a credit card-maybe you can just go through them to get your money back??

On a seperate note we booked with them last year in Kilkee and wouldn't use them again-property was very grotty and not well looked after
    I have stayed with them in Kilkee and I found them very good.

Advertisement