Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vertex Shader Model 3

Options
  • 22-02-2013 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi Guys I bought a game which after installation said I need to update to Shader model 3.0, so I did a bit of looking on my laptop and it says its direct x 10 so google says its shader model 4.

(Its an intel GM965 if that helps)

Anyone know what I can do to solve this issue?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

is the driver for that made by intel or is it a microsoft windows driver from windows update?

install the intel driver cos the windows update drivers are never as good

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Conflats

I assume its and intel driver,

Sorry to sound stupid but how would I go about doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Go here http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=subhdr+dnlds_detect run the utility and see what it says.

If it says your graphics card is using a customised or unsupported driver, you will have to uninstall the driver in device manager and run the utility again. (Be sure to make a restore point before, doing any of this in case something goes wrong.)

If you're using an old version of windows (xp or vista) you might not be able to find a driver supporting shader model 3. But the GM965 should support up to shader model 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Conflats

Yes its vista I am using Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hope it's an old game, most games from at least the past 5+ years won't run at remotely playable levels on that chipset even at the lowest settings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement