Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of commissioning an animated trailer?

Options
  • 22-02-2013 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I am in the (slow) process of writing a fantasy novel, and I was getting ahead of myself and thinking "I should really get a trailer made!". A live action trailer would likely look cheap while really being expensive, so I have ruled that out, and I can't draw cartoon-like figures, let alone thousands of them! Anyway, I was wondering how much it would cost me to pay someone else to animate it, and what quality I would expect. It's not the end of the world if I don't make a trailer, but I like the idea of it. A 1-5 minute montage of various places, characters and events is ideal, but I'm not overly wealthy, and the book is likely only going to be self-published on the kindle market, so a rough number would be great! I like the 'animesque' (western animation/anime hybrid) style used in avatar:the last airbender, so does that make a difference in price? Would people doing an animation course do it for free/very cheap to get some practice? Thanks in advance for any help!

Advertisement