Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red to Blonde

• 22-02-2013 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭

Im want to go from red hair to blonde. My hair is a natural red colour and has natural blonde bits as it it. I would like a natural blonde, not a white bleached blonde.

Would i more than likely have to bleach first or is there anyway i could get around this, as i dont want to cause major damage to my hair (even though i want to dye it)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Is the red hair you have now natural or dyed?

Either way bleach is needed.

Not as much bleach if it's natural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Is the red hair you have now natural or dyed?

Either way bleach is needed.

Not as much bleach if it's natural.
    It's natural red.

So no hope of avoiding bleach then? Feck it!

Thanks for the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Well you could try an ash blonde, it counteracts red. If you'd like Ash blonde.

Well you could try an ash blonde, it counteracts red. If you'd like Ash blonde.
    Hiya!

I've actually got a honey/ash blonde today. Currently waiting on it to absorb. I bought a back up of my natural colour incase it goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

I have natural red hair, & went blonde last summer. My friend is a hairdresser so I got blonde highlights, then after a fortnight, got the rest of it also highlighted. After that I could use whatever blonde dye I wanted, but I ended up using bleach whenever my roots came through.

• Advertisement

ChloeElla wrote: »
    I have natural red hair, & went blonde last summer. My friend is a hairdresser so I got blonde highlights, then after a fortnight, got the rest of it also highlighted. After that I could use whatever blonde dye I wanted, but I ended up using bleach whenever my roots came through.

I might do that next time. Unfortunately it didnt take this time. Just lightened my hair. Thanks for the reply :)

Advertisement