Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does HEAR scheme provide financial support?

• 22-02-2013 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

So the careers teacher mentioned the HEAR scheme in passing the other day. Not sure if I'd even qualify, but I rad up about it anyway.

It seems to me that the main benefit of it is lower points entry. (Which I hope I don't need)

It says "Bursaries - when available" which is incredibly vague.

Do you get any money at all or is it just reduced points?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Reduced points is the main benefit along with, I believe, orientation into whatever college you end up in. As far as I know they will help you to obtain any bursaries/grants that you're entitled too but that they do not give out money themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I think they do give out money. We had a talk in school at the start of the year from the hear scheme in UCC and she did mention money you get besides your grant etc can't remember the details exactly but as far as I know you Definitley get money aswell as reduced points I think she said you get €4000 throughout the four years in instalments of €500 a semister but this varies from college to college

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

http://www.accesscollege.ie/hear/benefits.php

It's totally down to the college though, HEAR themselves don't give out bursaries. Best thing for the OP to do is look into the college they plan to attend and see if there's anything mentioned regarding bursaries!

Advertisement