Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management Company in Tyrrelstown ! ! ! ! !

Options
  • 22-02-2013 11:06pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hiya,

Im not sure if this the right place to post this question.

I am trying to buy a property in Tyrrelstown and there is an issue in regards to their management company. I paid deposit on the house in November and Am still waiting for the sale to complete but the solicitor says that they management company that looks after the area has been dissolved and cannot sign contracts till a management company takes over.

There are other properties around the area that has been sold in December and January. why is there a problem for this particular property.

Does any one know if there is such an issue in Tyrrelstown?
    Has any on else come across this problem while purchasing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Try posting on tyrrelstown.net - locals will be able to answer your query best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Hiya,

Im not sure if this the right place to post this question.

I am trying to buy a property in Tyrrelstown and there is an issue in regards to their management company. I paid deposit on the house in November and Am still waiting for the sale to complete but the solicitor says that they management company that looks after the area has been dissolved and cannot sign contracts till a management company takes over.

There are other properties around the area that has been sold in December and January. why is there a problem for this particular property.

Does any one know if there is such an issue in Tyrrelstown?
    Has any on else come across this problem while purchasing?

In a managed estate you enter into a lease contract with the company when you purchase the property. If the entity called the company is legally not viable because it has not submitted accounts or had directors and the CRO has moved to strike it off then that is a very bad situation.

Its not a matter of a new company taking over, rather the existing one needs to be resurected using a process through the high court, new directors appointed and the community need to ensure it is run properly. The MUD act allows for OMC's to be brought back from the dead easily enough but it is still a process that costs a few k at least. (And who pays that?)

In theory you should never be able to buy or sell a house in a managed estate without the company being a part of the conveyancing. I cannot comment as to why certain units have sold but your solicitor has done a good job in identifying this. Albeit after you have laid down a deposit which is not so good for you.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 57 ✭✭denver62002

athtrasna wrote: »
    Try posting on tyrrelstown.net - locals will be able to answer your query best.

Thanks, I did and I got some info..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 57 ✭✭denver62002

Lantus wrote: »
    In a managed estate you enter into a lease contract with the company when you purchase the property. If the entity called the company is legally not viable because it has not submitted accounts or had directors and the CRO has moved to strike it off then that is a very bad situation.

Its not a matter of a new company taking over, rather the existing one needs to be resurected using a process through the high court, new directors appointed and the community need to ensure it is run properly. The MUD act allows for OMC's to be brought back from the dead easily enough but it is still a process that costs a few k at least. (And who pays that?)

In theory you should never be able to buy or sell a house in a managed estate without the company being a part of the conveyancing. I cannot comment as to why certain units have sold but your solicitor has done a good job in identifying this. Albeit after you have laid down a deposit which is not so good for you.

Thanks a million for your input. it gave me some info about the situation. And youre right. My solicitor is deadly, she is spot on with al details of the sale. I seen that you were looking for a solicitor for your self. im not sure if she deals with management company things but I can still email you details if needed.

thanks

Advertisement