Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this the best Android phone for its price?

2»

Comments

I'm aware of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 acephone

Op you can get the Galaxy mini for 205 on vodafone payg with a little effort.If you switch your number to vodafone (or if youre already with Vf then get another network sim and switch that number to vodafone) you get 20 euro off the phone. If you buy via a referal link on www.fatcheese.ie you get 24 euro off. That brings the price on vodafone to 205 euro as pay as you go. Hard to beat that.
    http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones-and-plans/phones/pay-as-you-go/phone-details/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-blue

I agree. Thanks for the reply.

acephone wrote: »
    Another member stated on this forum: "Only Google have stock (limited, they've ran out a few times) as the phone is exclusive to Google".

As regards the subject of exclusively, I was making the specific point about the item being sold on the Amazon website too, albeit via 3rd party sellers. Of course any exclusive phone can be sold on eBay by you or me buying it from the exclusive dealer first and then selling it on eBay afterwards. So I just wanted to make that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

What was meant by exclusive to Google is that Google have stock, nowhere else has.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Does nobody ever read the OP's requirements in these threads? Lighter, stylish, has external storage, can be bought simply in Ireland and brought back to the shop if it has a problem... he's mentioned all these things that are important to him yet he still gets pages upon pages of fanboys insulting and condescending to him without paying any heed to what he's actually looking for.

Utterly obnoxious behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Theres a good review of the SIII mini here. His only problem was it was expensive. So if you can get it for cheap enough seems like a good buy.

http://stevelitchfield.com/sshow/ss192.html

Someone in the house here as Galaxy Ace II and thats pretty nice. Only issue its on 2.3.6 but an update expected. S3 III should get updates for longer though.

Does nobody ever read the OP's requirements in these threads? Lighter, stylish, has external storage, can be bought simply in Ireland and brought back to the shop if it has a problem... he's mentioned all these things that are important to him yet he still gets pages upon pages of fanboys insulting and condescending to him without paying any heed to what he's actually looking for.

The op originally gave no requirements. The reason people suggested the Nexus was the title of the thread. He made up requirements to support reasons not to buy the Nexus

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    The op originally gave no requirements. The reason people suggested the Nexus was the title of the thread. He made up requirements to support reasons not to buy the Nexus

That's a truly bizarre way of looking at things, if you don't mind me saying. He outlined all this in post 5. It's as though people are taking it personally if someone doesn't agree that their favourite phone is the be all and end all.

That's a truly bizarre way of looking at things, if you don't mind me saying. He outlined all this in post 5. It's as though people are taking it personally if someone doesn't agree that their favourite phone is the be all and end all.

Maybe he should change the title to "Saw an S3 Mini, my money is burning a hole in my pocket, justify my purchase"

• Advertisement

Thanks for the support.

I did not make up requirements to support reasons not to buy the Nexus. I can prove the advantages of the Samsung SIII mini if required. They are recommending a phone that's not even available on the Irish market yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I did not make up requirements to support reasons not to buy the Nexus. I can prove the advantages of the Samsung SIII mini if required.
    This is the most ridiculous thread I have read...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Its almost if someone took it personally when they didnt agree google music was a good idea. And then banjaxed their SD card :)

Rule 1 : never take things personally. :D

I agree absolutely. Some people think they are know alls on this forum and just because you don't agree with them, they take it personally.

I agree absolutely. Some people think they are know alls on this forum and just because you don't agree with them, they take it personally.

Some people know more than you, the person who didn't know the Nexus was an Android device, big WTF? You came here asking for advise, got given good advise by more than just me, then you selected reasons not to heed the given advise. The Galaxy S3 Mini is an average phone, it's not great value, it's just Samsung using the good name of their flagship device to sell a fairly average phone. The S3 Mini and the S3 have nothing in common other than the Samsung logo.

Anyway, you've chosen not to heed us so Good luck with your purchase, I'm done giving advise to you.

• Advertisement

Some people know more than you, the person who didn't know the Nexus was an Android device, big WTF? You came here asking for advise, got given good advise by more than just me, then you selected reasons not to heed the given advise. The Galaxy S3 Mini is an average phone, it's not great value, it's just Samsung using the good name of their flagship device to sell a fairly average phone. The S3 Mini and the S3 have nothing in common other than the Samsung logo.

Anyway, you've chosen not to heed us so Good luck with your purchase, I'm done giving advise to you.

I can sincerely say that I was going to correct myself immediately about the Nexus Android comment after submitting the post. Who said the S3 Mini and S3 were in common? You stated on this forum that the Nexus 4 phone was exclusive to Google. This is most certainly not true. You are recommending a phone that can't even be bought on the Irish market yet! I did agree with some of the comments made on this forum but unfortunately you did not heed to the requirements that I specified on this forum. And while some people on this forum are familar with Android powered phones, it doesn't mean they know more than me about smartphones in general and network connectivity issues and applications relating to smartphones. And by the way, I was ideally looking for advice about the mini S3 smartphone from people who had bought the phone and who would have first hand knowledge of it - so they would be in a better position to give a fair assessment or review of the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Right, this thread is fast becoming more trouble than it's worth and some of the childishness ensuing is frankly getting irritating.

I'm locking it down for at least a few days and if the OP wants to reopen it then, they can PM me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement