Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to rent in dublin??

Options
  • 23-02-2013 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I am moving to dublin in july to start my first job with a friend who is also straight out of college and I would like to know where would be the best area for us to rent as we will be both working in Jervis street?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

jervis is well served by all types of public transport, especially the luas. remember this when selecting where to live. somewhere along the red line could be ideal. parnell street is a minute walk away and is very popular and safe

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Rory1

jervis is well served by all types of public transport, especially the luas. remember this when selecting where to live. somewhere along the red line could be ideal. parnell street is a minute walk away and is very popular and safe

Is parnell street safe. Cant say I know area very well but surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Rory1 wrote: »
    Is parnell street safe. Cant say I know area very well but surprised.

TBH I have found that once you're apartment is high enough up and there's enough security to stop any potential thieves from getting to your door then anywhere in town should be fine.

OP what are your priorities? Are you looking for somewhere close to work? Somewhere close to the city center? Will you need to park.

It's a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' question to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

You're working smack bang in the city centre. You could live anywhere in Dublin as you're going to be able to get to work no problem. You need to narrow things down a bit.

1. What's your budget?
    2. Do you want to live within walking distance to work or would you be ok with getting bus/luas?
    3. What kind of area do you want to live in?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭slimergan

To answer yere questions, I am ideally looking for a place close to work and in the centre of things. I don't want to be far out and having to get buses or the luas for 3/4 of an hour or anything. Walking distance would be good. As there is 2 of us going up I think our budget would be around 1100 a month between us and that would be our top end of the scale. Parking would be handy but I am not thinking of bringing my car to dublin so not a necessity. I would just like to live in an area where it's not rough and feel safe while being able to walk to a place where there will be a bit of life and things to do. Thanks for yere thus far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

slimergan wrote: »
    To answer yere questions, I am ideally looking for a place close to work and in the centre of things. I don't want to be far out and having to get buses or the luas for 3/4 of an hour or anything. Walking distance would be good. As there is 2 of us going up I think our budget would be around 1100 a month between us and that would be our top end of the scale. Parking would be handy but I am not thinking of bringing my car to dublin so not a necessity. I would just like to live in an area where it's not rough and feel safe while being able to walk to a place where there will be a bit of life and things to do. Thanks for yere thus far
    somewhere around the quays? lots of nice apartments there in that price bracket, and easy enough to get to jervis by foot or luas.

check out daft.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

I wouldn't live on the Quays - close to Jervis but too noisy at night.

My recommendations would be Smithfield or the IFSC. Both are walking distance from Jervis. For €1100 you'll get a nice 2 bedroom apartment in Smithfield no problem. You might have to look a bit harder to get a suitable place in IFSC though.
    I wouldn't live on Parnell street. It may be fine if you're high enough up as someone said :) but there are just too many junkies/scumbags around for my liking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement