Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO 6 Nations Darts event.

• 23-02-2013 1:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭

The BDO 6 Nations tournament started earlier this evening with Ireland,Northern Ireland,Holland,England,Scotland and Wales taking part.

The ladies group games took place this evening with Ireland losing their 2 group games to Scotland and Holland.

The mens group games take place tomorrow with Ireland drawn in Group 1 alongside England and Northern Ireland. Ireland play England at 12 00pm followed by the game against Northern Ireland at 3 00pm. The tournament is been streamed live on the following link; www.ndbdarts.nl/topsport/evenementen/six-nations-cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭celt262

Watching Rep V NI here , awful darts by Rep so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

celt262 wrote: »
    Watching Rep V NI here , awful darts by Rep so far.

Some of the Republic!! Not all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Disappointment for the Irish mens team as they lost their 2 group games yesterday. They played England 1st and were impressive early on and a shock looked on the cards when they went ahead 9-6 but when they missed chances to go 10-6 up England took full advantage and proceeded to win the next 10 legs in a row to win 16-9.

Hopes were high that they could beat Northern Ireland in their next game but alas they lost out here 13-12 to condemn the Irish team to a meaningless 5th/6th place play off later this morning against Scotland. The semi final line up is Holland v Northern Ireland and England v Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

have to say i was impressed with glenn spearing , thought he was consistant throught out the competition, our best player well done glenn

pudzy wrote: »
    have to say i was impressed with glenn spearing , thought he was consistant throught out the competition, our best player well done glenn
    I have to agree with that,Glenn was impressive throughout the 3 Irish games and was deserved Irish player of the tournament. An Impressive 13-5 win for Ireland over Scotland this morning in the 5th/6th place play off. Overall while it was disappointing Ireland didn't reach the semis out of the 3 games they won 34 legs and conceded 34 legs so overall they performed quite well without getting better rewards for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭shockframe

Saw bits and pieces of this over the weekend.Strange tournament with players changing over a lot.A bit better than the PDC world cup of darts.

Ireland really should have got a result against England.lost something like 9 of the last 10 legs.Probably the first time I can remember seeing a lot of Irish representation on a big stage.good for Irish darts.Sean Mcgowan was saying he has just under 100 caps for Ireland.A fair achievement.That hair and moustache combination of his reminded me of Bluey the Australian TV detective.

Decent standard.Spearing was impressive.Thought barry and cullen were disappointing in the games I watched.Glen Durrant of England was the best player of the tournament.surprising we havent seen much of him on TV.

Interesting footage of players and officials knocking back pints at 11/12 in the morning.Its one thing I love about the BDO darts - No need to pretend that players are fitness fanatics like they do on sky.Always adds a more human element to the thing even though I woudnt go near a drink at that time.

Even better was the footage of the giant group hug between everyone at the finsh.was comical.

Well said shockframe. Holland won the mens final defeating England with Wales winning the ladies final defeating Holland. A number of English fans not happy about Deta Hedman been dropped for their semi final against Holland. I must say I found it a strange move myself by the England selectors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭shockframe

Treble20 wrote: »
    Well said shockframe. Holland won the mens final defeating England with Wales winning the ladies final defeating Holland. A number of English fans not happy about Deta Hedman been dropped for their semi final against Holland. I must say I found it a strange move myself by the England selectors.

I should have mentioned the finals results.

Northern Ireland did well to get to the semis with the loss of gurney and jackson in recent weeks.

Scotland were a massive letdown with the players they have and although they won the competition I wasnt all that impressed with hollands squad.would have said there were better players than hofstra and van ejiden in the country.

England had the best squad on paper but didnt win.It just wasnt england without the legendary 'England Captain' Martin Adams.

Another tournament or two is badly needed before the summer.The streaming quality was the best I've seen so far so the BDO should be utilising that crew for more live events.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DartBhoy1888

Treble20 wrote: »

Just saw on Detas Facebook page that she is once again suffering racial abuse from certain elements within the darts community..she says she will not quit again like she did in the late 90's so fair play to her..think the racial abuse was on the streaming website but she seems unhappy wit some officials too..

Advertisement