Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Hellraiser

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

No females mentioned. Lindsay Lohan or maybe Amy Winehouse.
    I would consider them addicts or possibly "troubled". See Whitney Houston

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Shane McGowan

I was in the Olympia the night he vomited onstage over a large portion of the people sitting in the front row. How he is still alive is beyond me...

Nikki Sixx

The Keith Moon of the 1980's. Bassist with Motley Crue and all-round nutjob. Died in 1988 from a heroin overdose, but they did a "Pulp Fiction" on him and a few shots of adrenaline later he came around. Left a message on his answering machine afterwards 'Hi, it's Nikki. I can't come to the phone right now because I'm dead'.

George Best

Arguably the most naturally gifted footballer the British Isles has ever produced. He was the original rock-star footballer. Spent all his money on booze, women and fast cars; he squandered the rest. He sadly wasted his pure talent and faded away. Died in 2005 following a liver transplant, but failing to stay off the booze.

Frank Sinatra

Ol' Blue Eyes. The Chairman Of The Board. Was (allegedly) connected to the Mafia, drank Jack Daniels by the barrel and had an incredibly volatile relationship with his wife. Tore his house apart in a rage when President Kennedy refused to visit him there. Despite the years of alcohol and who knows, performed live well into his 70's.

Boris Yeltsin

The idea that the man who was in charge of the second most powerful country in the world, with a shaky finger poised over Russia's 39,000 nuclear warheads "Launch" button should be terrifying. But it was all a bit of a laugh, to be honest. The phrase "Circling over Shannon/the airport" was invented in tribute to him when he left our own Taoiseach standing on the tarmac like an eejit while he was on his plane too drunk to disembark. He and Bill Clinton were in charge of the world for most of the 1990's. The world was safer back then; when it was in the hands of an alcoholic and a sex maniac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Pro wrestling has tons of great hellraisers, Andre The Giant once drank over 100 bottles of beer in a day, passed out in a hotel lobby and due to his size they just left him there until he woke up. Ric Flair used to get hammered and strut around hotel foyers bollock naked with a balloon tied to his knob, and once ran up a 20 grand bar tab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

GG Allin...the ultimate hellraiser

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GG_Allin
    By this point, Allin's performances, which often resulted in considerable damage to venues and sound equipment, were regularly stopped after only a few songs by police or venue owners. Allin was charged with assault and battery or indecent exposure a number of times. His constant touring was only stopped by jail time or by long hospital stays for broken bones, blood poisoning, and other physical trauma.

everyone else posted is/were fukking lightweights:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

No females mentioned. Lindsay Lohan or maybe Amy Winehouse.
    Grace Slick, Stevie Nicks, Janis Joplin.
    GG Allin...the ultimate hellraiser

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GG_Allin

everyone else posted is/were fukking lightweights:pac:
    I was first :pac: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83356445&postcount=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Archeron wrote: »
    I have such sights to show you.
    Woooo pinhead.

Don't cry girl its a waste of good suffering!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Who bassist John Entwhistle was a fair Hellraiser on the quiet.

On the night before The Who's 2002 world tour,after a heavy session at a Las Vegas bar he decided to have a coke 'n hooker night in his hotel room.

He was found dead the next day at the age of 57.

I particularly liked his bandmate, Roger Daltrey's reaction to the news.

'Well, it's not a death any man should be ashamed of!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

He was just Horse-ing around.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Keith Moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Dave Mustaine

Ex-Metallica guitarist and current lead singer/guitarist of Megadeth, there was no drug that this man did not imbibe. Heroin was his tipple of choice however. Like Nikki Sixx, he died and was revived in the ambulance. He once drove through Los Angeles as boiled as an owl on a moped to get himself to a hospital. Legendary guitarist at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Marty Morrisey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Keef Richards is up there with the best of them.

Keith Moon.

I would have said that a few years ago.

Even though I'm a Who fan, I can't like him that much.

Yes, he was zany & was brilliant at drumming.

However, he treated his wife & daugher horribly. They were scared of him & his moods.

In my book, that's ungood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Ike was a c*nt.

I'd have to go with the Burton, Harris, O'Toole, Reed quartet too.

O'Toole is just class.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Well I would have my suspicions about anyone who lasted longer than thirty, maybe they were only faking it,
    Iggy Pop ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭Jazzmaster

Jesus and Muhammad. Mayhem on a global scale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

DazMarz wrote: »
    Dave Mustaine

there was no drug that this man did not imbibe. Heroin was his tipple of choice however. Like Nikki Sixx, he died and was revived in the ambulance. He once drove through Los Angeles as boiled as an owl on a moped to get himself to a hospital. Legendary guitarist at the same time.

Rlly? Didn't know he lived like that. thought coke might have bn his choice as his fingers certainly didn't skag

the likes of "nikki sixx" simply had to live up to their lyrics as musically lightweight nonces.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Advertisement