Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are peoples opinions on broadleaf apartments?

• 23-02-2013 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I am moving next week and think I have picked the apartment I will be moving into.

It is in the broadleaf apartments complex. What I would like to know however has anyone here ever lived there? Do you have any complaints? I know it's not in the best area but I have stayed in westgate house before which is right beside it and did not find it that bad at all.

Only problem I can see is no free parking and no UPC hookup but it does have sky.

If anyone here has lived there what are the other tenants like? I was talking to a guy working for the management company and he says it's quiet enough there and usually trouble makers get turfed out fast but I can't exactly take his word for it as he works for the building.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

not familiar with the name but whereabouts is the complex ? that might help identify the area, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

not familiar with the name but whereabouts is the complex ? that might help identify the area, etc.

Its off broad street, go up past the vegetable place and turn left just before charlottes quay, there's a multi storey car park down the same street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Andre3000

WARNING AVOID!!
    I lived in Broad Leaf apartments before. Will never live there again.

where do i start!
    The guy who runs the place is extremely rude and unhelpful. (unless you are a good looking female)
    My car got broken into twice while i was there.
    I have seen people casing cars inside the grounds there late at night when i arrived back from work.
    Many of my friends got the third degree when visiting me from the management while visiting, made to feel very unwelcome.

A horrible experience overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Lived there few years ago. the guy was a real cnut until I confronted him and reported to gardai for harassment. People, well, there's always a mix there and given there's something like 50 apts there it's really difficult to say. I'd never move back there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

the person who runs the place is awful rude and borderline violent, in his 70s shouldnt even be there but a huge put off but there are advantages to living there, the rent isnt too bad and it is secure but just be prepared for a verbal foul mouthed argument

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Aneron

I think broadleaf is not the best place to live, but not that bad. However, my bike was stolen once. We had no argument with the management and were satisfied well enough with the place. The trouble makers are not welcomed so quiet enough. The heating system is awful and the sky was about 0.8 Mbit/s, so we had to switch to Eircom, because no UPC there. At least the price is Ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Lived there for a year and will echo what others have said about the man who is in the office. He was not the nicest of fellows and once he came home drunk and accosted me verbally in the stairwell over basically nothing. He appologised the next day but it was still really uncomfortable from then on. Whenever I was coming into the complex I would hope he was not around and when he was it was just not comfortable at all.

The apartment itself was grand though for the price. 2 bedroom and 2 bathrooms for 500 euro a month. They heating was bad and no UPC however for the price it was well worth it.

Advertisement