Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if you dont pay your luas fine?

Options
  • 23-02-2013 3:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

My American friend got caught for not having a ticket on the luas, and naturally got a fine. Hes contemplating whether or not to pay it as hes leaving the country in like 2 and half months, and was just wondering what the consequences are if he doesnt pay this fine. I know he shouldnt have done it yada yada just need to know what will happen if he doesnt pay it ? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Absolutely nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

Absolutely nothing

So basically you can ride on the Luas for free. When they ask you for your address you can just give a fake address or a real address and either way nothing happens?

Come to think of it... once I lost my ticket for the train one morning on the way to work. Couldn't find it but was able to product tickets from the past 4 or 5 mornings and the guy gave me a look and said okay and let me past. Same thing happened another time, again geniune mistake but I wasn't skipping out on paying, couldn't find the ticket, had loads of previous tickets. The guy didn't care asked for my address, of course I gave him my real address being the first time anything like this had happened (thinking back I should have just gave a fake address). Anyway, nothing ever happened. I know I didn't pay the ticket anyway. I never got a court summons or anything like that, never heard about it again. Forgotten about it to this day really.

So I'd probably agree with the OP here.

If you don't pay for the ticket and they catch you, best bet is give a fake address. Or if you're a scardy cat, give them your real address. When the fine for not paying arrives in the mail, just throw it in the bin and pretend it must have got lost in the mail and never arrived in your inbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Dont pay > Get a summons to court

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Try the Commuting & Transport forum. Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement