Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tourist Visa Help Please

Options
  • 23-02-2013 7:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi guys, I was wondering is anyone on here and their first IEC visa is due to expire and they are still waiting on their second one?

My first IEC is due to expire in 2 weeks and I was thinking of applying for a tourist visa as I am no doubt sure that I will not receive my second one in time...

Has anyone got any experience of this process?

Cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

ondadole wrote: »
    Hi guys, I was wondering is anyone on here and their first IEC visa is due to expire and they are still waiting on their second one?

My first IEC is due to expire in 2 weeks and I was thinking of applying for a tourist visa as I am no doubt sure that I will not receive my second one in time...

Has anyone got any experience of this process?

Cheers:)

Apply through mycic

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

You will need proof of funds to apply.
    It takes up to sixty says but you can remain in the country till a decision is reached

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

if you apply via mail it takes much longer and you are on implied status the entire time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jazzmonroe

Thanks to everyone who asked and answered above.

Questions:

Where does it ask for proof of funds?

For what do I actually apply if I want to attain implied status?

I have an in-progress MyCiC application, which appears to have nothing to do with IEC. It describes itself as a Temporary Resident Application. If I submit that, with the necessary documents uploaded (IMM5257, current work visa, passport photo-page, and a digital photo), and pay $75 for a single entry permit, will I have implied status while waiting for it to come back? And at a $75 cost, is this the best option?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ondadole

jazzmonroe wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone who asked and answered above.

Questions:

Where does it ask for proof of funds?

For what do I actually apply if I want to attain implied status?

I have an in-progress MyCiC application, which appears to have nothing to do with IEC. It describes itself as a Temporary Resident Application. If I submit that, with the necessary documents uploaded (IMM5257, current work visa, passport photo-page, and a digital photo), and pay $75 for a single entry permit, will I have implied status while waiting for it to come back? And at a $75 cost, is this the best option?

Thank you.
    Fill out the "Come to Canada" questionnaire, and it should direct you to extend your current status as a visitor. It can all be done online...

An answer to your question; maybe, but if this was the case wouldn't one who was to be waiting on their IEC letter of introduction, not have implied status also?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jazzmonroe

ondadole wrote: »
    Fill out the "Come to Canada" questionnaire, and it should direct you to extend your current status as a visitor. It can all be done online...

Maybe, but if this was the case wouldn't one who was to be waiting on their IEC letter of introduction, not have implied status also?

Should’ve mentioned that I’m currently here on a working visa, which can’t be extended. So I’m applying for a second year through IEC.

I’m considering spending the 75 bucks because my current work visa expires on March 4. So if at any point in my stage 1 (Kompass) application, or the subsequent MyCiC working visa application, there happens to be a delay that pushes me past March 4, I will miss out on the window for implied worker status, which requires you to re-apply (ie. submit your final MyCiC application) before your current work visa expires.

The Temporary Resident Application I mentioned doesn’t require that I wait for the stage 1 Kompass application to approve me progressing to MyCiC.

Does that make sense? My brain’s frying its circuits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ondadole

jazzmonroe wrote: »
    Should’ve mentioned that I’m currently here on a working visa, which can’t be extended. So I’m applying for a second year through IEC.

I’m considering spending the 75 bucks because my current work visa expires on March 4. So if at any point in my stage 1 (Kompass) application, or the subsequent MyCiC working visa application, there happens to be a delay that pushes me past March 4, I will miss out on the window for implied worker status, which requires you to re-apply (ie. submit your final MyCiC application) before your current work visa expires.

The Temporary Resident Application I mentioned doesn’t require that I wait for the stage 1 Kompass application to approve me progressing to MyCiC.

Does that make sense? My brain’s frying its circuits.

Yes I know what you meant...I don't mean that you extend your current work permit, but you can change your status from worker to visitor, or Temporary Resident as you just mentioned...as far as I know:confused:

Advertisement