Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A stable MildWild my Desire can die happy with?

• 23-02-2013 10:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭

I posted this on XDA, thought I'd pop it here too :)

IMPORTANT: Stable to me means little to no bugs after months of use, not hours or days. This is not a thread for experimentation :D

Hi there,
    I'm currently using mildwild 4.3 on my original HTC desire.

The intention to begin with was to get a ROM that would be as stable as possible and would cause me as little fuss as possible and basically I could continue using with the desire until the desire itself gave up with battery, too many falls, a cracked screen etc, none of which has happened yet so is still going strong.

This phone is for business use and I don't enjoy having to change ROMS like a lot of users on the site would, I just want something that works and will give me the least amount of hassle.

The phone does restart itself on occasion but this has happened with other ROMS I've used too.

I'm not too pushed about having the latest and greatest apps and gadgets which may be offered in the latest android versions. I'm happy with what 4.3 offers, anything extra would be a bonus.

Now the issue with 4.3 again is the internal space. Right now if I go to apps > manage > all, I see I have 129MB used and 19MB free, I've been using LinksSD as an extra APP on 4.3 and have moved all I can to the SD card, so I can't free any more space. Unfortunately if I'm giving it heavy use and get a lot of emails etc, the USED/FREE ratio changes and if free gets to about 15MB, then I get the space warning and synching to the phone stops and I can't get important business information which I sync with the calendar etc.

I've managed to keep it steady around the 19mb mark but what prompted this message was the release of a new app I want which takes up 30mb as opposed to the current one on the phone taking up 10mb, I'm afraid this will use up my precious few MB and will give me the synching issues again.

So what I was wondering is, does Mildwild 5.5 (or greater) handle the internal space in a different way that as long as I have decent sized SD card, I should never have space issues with the internal memory? This is important also as both my friend and my father are having internal space issues with their original desire and if I find a solution would like to help them too.

If you could please advise on the most stable version of Mildwild for the HTC Desire and if there is one that handles the internal space differently to 4.3 and would therefore never give me internal space issues as long as I have a decent SD card inserted. 4.3 isn't the answer it seems, but hopefully there is an alternative?

Stability is of prime importance, given the phone is used and is crucial for my business and may be put on my father and friends phone too, I need to make sure I don't have to touch any phone due to bugs etc, hopefully ever! I'd also like everything to simply "work", video recording, bluetooth etc.

Any feedback, direct links to suggested ROMS etc would be greatly appreciated! I'd prefer to not stray away from Mildwild as before installing 4.3 I did a lot of research and I'd rather stick to what I know.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 Nhscmars

I wonder is this guy even still alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I am, but my desires are no longer with me :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 Nhscmars

Did you end up finding a nice rom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I think I ended up with Mildwild 4.3 or something, forget at this stage :o

Advertisement