Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Snowfall possible for east

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

aurora 527 wrote: »
    When it started mick it was landing nicely but it became more of a sleety/snow mix

We just needed the DP to drop a little and the snow to be heavier and it would have accumulated. I would class it as wet snow. Still great to see as i wasn't expecting anything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

We just needed the DP to drop a little and the snow to be heavier and it would have accumulated. I would class it as wet snow. Still great to see as i wasn't expecting anything :D

DP still on the rise, (0.4) what are the chances of them dropping back now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

baraca wrote: »
    Ahhh!! Missing radar frame!!

It usually does that when more showers are going to appear. Well see in the next frame nyways.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

aurora 527 wrote: »
    DP still on the rise, (0.4) what are the chances of them dropping back now?

With heavy enough precipitation i think the DP would drop enough. I'm looking at the track of the streamers off the Wicklow coast and they could have enough strength to reach Waterford later. Plenty of radar watching ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

With heavy enough precipitation i think the DP would drop enough. I'm looking at the track of the streamers off the Wicklow coast and they could have enough strength to reach Waterford later. Plenty of radar watching ahead.

Pot of coffee needed so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

gonna be a long night boi:D

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Any chance of a bit of snow in east meath??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Not with the met eireann rainfall radar it would seem. It's gone !! Just 5 performing spots in its place :(

Ok, which one of yous stole it... ?? :D

Edit : The radar has been returned, no questions will be asked !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

pelting snow here now again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

precip building heading for North Dublin/Meath/Louth now too. Seems the dreaded "IOMS" has it's eyes on Dublin City.

EDIT: but looking at latest radar frame, that could be just down to chance and it just looks like the shadow is coming into play. I'm getting dizzy at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

whitebriar wrote: »
    pelting snow here now again.

it was pelting down out at exit 20 earlier (about 8 o clock)when i was on my way back from dublin. couldnt see 10 feet ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

The Cork snow barrier has been very busy today. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Temps have risen in Dublin 4. Could do with an off shore breeze.

Current temp IMBY 2.8

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

Snow! we finaly got snow here in tramore, however it seems its snobby snow, its only been snowing uptown and no snow for down town! it hasnt been sticking though, its only been making the road wet but i got to have a lovely walk in the snow with my tongue out! Chance of a bit more??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Rougies wrote: »
    precip building heading for North Dublin/Meath/Louth now too. Seems the dreaded "IOMS" has it's eyes on Dublin City.

EDIT: but looking at latest radar frame, that could be just down to chance and it just looks like the shadow is coming into play. I'm getting dizzy at this stage.

I think the track is taking it away from Dublin :(

FU IOM. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Wonder how far south the precip will make it

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭tomcosgrave

I must say I'm surprised but very pleased with the snow today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Here's the snow currently in Arklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Wonder how far south the precip will make it

Good chance of north/west Wexford getting a hit in the next while baraca...
    We have snow cover up here at 460 ft asl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

whitebriar wrote: »
    Here's the snow currently in Arklow.

Looks very big or something! Very wet looking too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

A very imby influenced question but are winds staying ne for the next 24 hrs? I thought they were going e or even se which would favour my part of the world...

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Is it finished for south Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

what radar are ye using?

A very imby influenced question but are winds staying ne for the next 24 hrs? I thought they were going e or even se which would favour my part of the world...

According to the GFS a slight shift to more straight eastrly overnight before back to NErly tomorrow. But not much of a change from what we have now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

missjm wrote: »
    what radar are ye using?

Met.ie rainfall radar or raintoday.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Just started spitting snow in D14.

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

A nice covering here from earlier on. Sky and radar looking promising to the east now for more, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

might as well ask. will this reach cork city. is it worth my while staying awake?

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    A nice covering here from earlier on. Sky and radar looking promising to the east now for more, fingers crossed.

Hopefully will make it this far south beast. Doesn't seem to be much else building up after the lot that's there now.

EDIT: Highly doubtful sunbabe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

Hopefully will make it this far south beast. Doesn't seem to be much else building up after the lot that's there now.

EDIT: Highly doubtful sunbabe

According to the radar we should see some precipitation in the next half hour at the rate it's moving towards us, what this is or how heavy it will be is another story altogether.

I'm in east cork and have temp -1 and dew point -4 so you never know..... humidity is on the rise too 80% up from 70% a few hours ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement