Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate internals

• 23-02-2013 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, just looking at the ultimate gearbox parts from airsofteire. I've heard that there is sometimes some difficulty in fitting them in gearboxes......any more info on this? I was gonna get a new piston,tapper plate,nozzle and spring guide all for a v2 gearbox(VFC). Anyone else have these parts and how good are they.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Hi lads, just looking at the ultimate gearbox parts from airsofteire. I've heard that there is sometimes some difficulty in fitting them in gearboxes......any more info on this? I was gonna get a new piston,tapper plate,nozzle and spring guide all for a v2 gearbox(VFC). Anyone else have these parts and how good are they.
    Thanks

Have a nosey at this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056870539

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

What you've got to consider is that the ULTIMATE parts may be a bit longer than standard parts.

Example - I bought a ULTIMATE tappet plate (Still have it...) and I installed it into a DBoys gearbox. When I put the whole thing back together, it wouldn't feed the pellets. After checking again, I noticed that the nozzle wasn't going back far enough and after re-installing the stock tappet plate, it was working perfect again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

What you've got to consider is that the ULTIMATE parts may be a bit longer than standard parts.

Example - I bought a ULTIMATE tappet plate (Still have it...) and I installed it into a DBoys gearbox. When I put the whole thing back together, it wouldn't feed the pellets. After checking again, I noticed that the nozzle wasn't going back far enough and after re-installing the stock tappet plate, it was working perfect again.

That was my concern and actually the only reason Im getting a nozzle as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

That was my concern and actually the only reason Im getting a nozzle as well

That's the one thing that you have to watch out for with the ULTIMATE parts. Some ULTIMATE parts may have different sizes than standard parts.

The link that Southern Dandy posted basically answered you'r question fully. Just get the tappet plate and air nozzle that AirsoftEire mentioned and you should have no problem.

Advertisement