Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW27 Matchday Thread

• 23-02-2013 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭

With teams stretched to the max this GW, and the impending sword of doom/opportunity that is GW29 approaching, its all going to get interesting.

Fulham v Stoke kick off at 12.45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

11.20 and no sign of the Stoke team sheet with ten minutes to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm following Stoke on twitter just for today. Nowt yet.

As I didn't bring Wilson in I'm now hoping he gets a one point cameo to fook over those who took a chance on it.

Sorry lads, the last third is dog eat dog :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lemlin wrote: »
    As I didn't bring Wilson in I'm now hoping he gets a one point cameo to fook over those who took a chance on it.

Sorry lads, the last third is dog eat dog :D

Rumours suggesting he starts. Unconfirmed.

In a gw where many took a 4 point hit, I took an 8.

Bale, Sissoko and Giroud for Puncheon, Suarez and Gerrard. Left all 3 on the bench for the Lolz. They'll all come in Monday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Wilson starts for Stoke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Wilson starts for Stoke

Click, click, click, click.

That's the sound of thousands rushing to get him in for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

F**k. Overslept and didn't make the Wilson transfer. Also gone with Federici over Begovic.

3-0 Fulham please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Nice one, looks like Cameron starts in midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

roryc wrote: »
    F**k. Overslept and didn't make the Wilson transfer. Also gone with Federici over Begovic.

3-0 Fulham please.

with a ruiz hat trick.

LINE-UPS
    Fulham: Schwarzer, Riether, Senderos, Hangeland, Riise, Duff, Sidwell, Karagounis, Dejagah, Ruiz, Berbatov.

Subs: Etheridge, Baird, Petric, Hughes, Rodallega, Emanuelson, Kacaniklic.

Stoke: Begovic, Shotton, Huth, Shawcross, Wilson, Walters, Nzonzi, Whelan, Cameron, Etherington, Crouch.

Subs: Sorensen, Jones, Adam, Whitehead, Kightly, Shea, Jerome.

Referee: Lee Probert (Wiltshire)

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »

Left all 3 on the bench for the Lolz. They'll all come in Monday night.

haha for shame....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

In QPR's last 10 games vs United, they've lost 9 & drawn one,hopefully RVP fills his boots today.

Ruiz disallowed goal, and he gets a yellow card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Doubled up on Stoke defence.. Doesn't look good at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wilson yellow

You would think that but Fulham are just swinging balls into the box. Stokes players have the height advantage so it's easy for them. Need to try and play it through.

A Berbs goal would be immense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'd be surprised if both sides finished this game with 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Come on Fulham, need Stoke to concede!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Raf32 wrote: »
    Come on Fulham, need Stoke to concede!
    No

KevIRL wrote: »
    Wilson yellow

Grand job. Now it appears the max he could of gotten me is 1 point. Hopefully Stoke concede now.

• Advertisement

Sexyberbagoal

Berbatov & Riether assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rooney has travelled with the United squad.........will he play?

Why has everyone got the hots for Wilson? Is it cos he's cheap at 3.9? His stats seem pretty ordinary

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Need a Shawcross goal now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Why has everyone got the hots for Wilson? Is it cos he's cheap at 3.9? His stats seem pretty ordinary

Cheap plus you'd still fancy Stoke to be good for some clean sheets, more likely at home, but still, a bargain imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Yeah he's cheap and he might help tighten Stoke defense up, at least at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

zerks wrote: »
    Rooney has travelled with the United squad.........will he play?

mate of mine transferred in rooney for a 4 pt hit thurs morning heard the news rooney was out so took another 4 pt hit to transfer him back out. God help him if rooney plays and scores big today.

Does anyone still have Berba? I'm sure there has to be a couple of people still have him.

And Lambert owners watch out. I've put my third striker curse on him. I've had Suarez and RVP banging them in all season but any third striker I've brought in has had a stinker for a few weeks e.g. Giroud, Berba, Tevez, Torres, Fletcher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Another 3+ saves from Begovic and a Shea goal would be the right job now.

roryc wrote: »
    A Berbs goal would be immense

Now why doesn't this work when I have the player! can't complain, Wilson yellow and Stoke concede to a goal that wasn't Ruiz. Perfect start.

Hopefully this game stays as it is now.

Cameron subbed, stoke pen

Walters pen saved

Come on... who has Schwarzer

Fellaini playing off Jelavic today. No Anichebe.

@ESPNFC: Everton XI to face Norwich: Howard, Coleman, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Naismith, Pienaar, Gibson, Osman, Fellaini, Jelavic.

@ESPNFC: Norwich XI to face Everton: Bunn, R.Martin, Johnson, Bassong, Turner, Snodgrass, Howson, Holt, Hoolahan, Garrido, Becchio.

@ESPNFC: QPR XI to face Manchester United: Cesar, Bosingwa, Samba, Hill, Traore, Townsend, Granero, Mbia, Mackie, Taarabt, Zamora.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Everton XI to face Norwich: Howard, Coleman, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Naismith, Pienaar, Gibson, Osman, Fellaini, Jelavic

ncfc starting 11: Bunn, R.Martin, Johnson, Bassong, Turner, Snodgrass, Howson, Holt (C), Hoolahan, Garrido, Becchio.

RVP starts

@ESPNFC: Manchester United XI to face QPR: De Gea, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Giggs, Carrick, Nani, Young, Van Persie, Hernandez.

@ESPNFC: Wigan XI face Reading: Al Habsi, Kone, McCarthy, Caldwell, Di Santo, Maloney, McArthur, Boyce, Beausejour, Figueroa, Scharner.

@ESPNFC: Reading XI to face Wigan: Federici; Kelly, Harte, Mariappa, Morrison; Karacan, Leigertwood, Akpan, Kebe, McAnuff; Pogrebnyak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Arsenal: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Monreal, Arteta, Diaby, Wilshere, Walcott, Giroud, Cazorla

Subs: Mannone, Koscielny, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Gervinho, Podolski

RVP starts

@ESPNFC: Manchester United XI to face QPR: De Gea, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Giggs, Carrick, Nani, Young, Van Persie, Hernandez.

@ESPNFC: Wigan XI face Reading: Al Habsi, Kone, McCarthy, Caldwell, Di Santo, Maloney, McArthur, Boyce, Beausejour, Figueroa, Scharner.

No Evans will piss off some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Teams (I love it when Fulham don't play in this slot):

MUFC (vs QPR): De Gea, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Giggs, Carrick, Nani, Young, Van Persie, Hernandez

QPR (vs MUFC): Cesar, Bosingwa, Samba, Hill, Traore, Townsend, Granero, Mbia, Mackie, Taarabt, Zamora

Arsenal (vs Villa): Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Monreal, Arteta, Diaby, Wilshere, Walcott, Giroud, Cazorla

Villa (vs Arsenal): Guzan, Lowton, Clark, Baker, Bennett, Westwood, Delph, Agbonlahor, Weimann, N'Zogbia, Benteke

Norwich (vs Everton): Everton: Bunn, R.Martin, Johnson, Bassong, Turner, Snodgrass, Howson, Holt, Hoolahan, Garrido, Becchio

Everton (vs Norwich): Howard, Coleman, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Naismith, Pienaar, Gibson, Osman, Fellaini, Jelavic

Reading (vs Wigan): Federici; Kelly, Harte, Mariappa, Morrison; Karacan, Leigertwood, Akpan, Kebe, McAnuff; Pogrebnyak

Wigan (vs Reading): Al Habsi, Kone, McCarthy, Caldwell (c), Di Santo, Maloney, McArthur, Boyce, Beausejour, Figueroa, Scharner

WBA (vs Sunderland): Foster; Reid, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell; Morrison, Yacob, Mulumbu, Brunt; Lukaku, Long

Sunderland (vs WBA): Mignolet, Gardner, Colback, O'Shea (c), Bramble, N'Diaye, Larsson, Johnson, Sessegnon, Graham, Fletcher

• Advertisement

Fed, Harte and Pog all start. All aboard the reading train!!

Pog starts woop

He would of been my transfer had United not been missing in GW29. Typical Fergie. Talks him up all week then rests him.

That's the team, with Rooney and Scholes in for Nani and Hernandez, that I'd be more or less expecting for Madrid so I can see those lads getting a game today and alot being rested next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Tell me about it. No Pearce either i'm likely down to 9

Pavel the Pog :D

Will RVP or Nani be on pens today? I'd expect RVP.

Will RVP or Nani be on pens today? I'd expect RVP.

RVP. But Giggs would be ahead of Nani in the pecking order surely?

Is it too early to get my hopes up about this GW? I can't remember the last time I was positive before the matches, but my mistake of not bringing in Wilson could turn out to be a lucky one.

RVP > Walcott please!!

ShawX yellow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

No Guthrie for Reading so Ive a Max 10 playing :(

Reading FC (@ReadingFC)
    Reading: Federici; Kelly, Harte, Mariappa, Morrison; Karacan, Leigertwood, Akpan, Kebe, McAnuff; Pogrebnyak #RDGWIG #readingfc

• Advertisement
Advertisement