Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW27 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Having a good or bad week this week will be far less important than how you manage the double game weeks coming up. Double game weeks is where you can really make your moves, so dont get too disheartened if you only had an average score this week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

buyer95 wrote: »
    54 with noble to play. Happy enough, as cazorla should get 3 bp, lambert 2/3bp and sisoko might get 1 bp . Noble to play but don't expect much there.
    Happy enough? Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

22 points..

O dear!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

had a feeling puncheons place was under threat the new manager was taking him off early in a few games. He went up in price so that's it he's gone for sissoko.

I was just reading yesterday's Star and it turns out Puncheon is out of contract in the Summer and expected to go to Newcastle as Pardew bought him for Saints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

When's the next double gw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Lemlin wrote: »
    I was just reading yesterday's Star and it turns out Puncheon is out of contract in the Summer and expected to go to Newcastle as Pardew bought him for Saints.

He isn't French though is he??? :rolleyes:

buyer95 wrote: »
    When's the next double gw?
    None scheduled so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Swansea have won. How will this affect their temperament going forward? I want to bring in Sissoko but unsure whether to drop Fellaini or Michu.

Fellaini will be trying harder as Everton want to get a spot in Europe, but Michu is more consistent and plays a more attacking role. Swansea's heads will drop, at least over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

dahat wrote: »
    It is all set up for those fearless folk who captained Bale,it looks like he will get a bucket load of points the way every other captain choice failed miserably...

Thats me! Stuck the ol VC on Lambert so I'm not even bothered if he plays :p
    Sissoko, Zab and Mata also in the fold today tripled my weekly points!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

PPI stats suggest today's bonus points are likely to be:

Silva 3, Yaya Toure 2, Tevez 1 and Sissoko 3, Lambert 2, Cabaye & Cisse 1. Debuchy has a chance of 1 too.

• Advertisement

Sissoko 3? How the f**k is that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

roryc wrote: »
    Sissoko 3? How the f**k is that

Why wouldn't it be?

Ignore me, I'm hoping he gets none. He was the one player from 44 that I didn't want scoring big today.

Newcastle won so it's likely that it will be a Newcastle player shading it ahead of Lambert, just annoying if it turns out to be Sissoko. Three different goalscorers and 4 different assisters from Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Yaya Toure playing further forward today has given people an option if they choose to sell Michu or Fellani,end of last season he was pretty productive from that area ans with City needing to win every game he may just stay further forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Silva 3, Yaya Toure 2, Tevez 1 and Sissoko 3, Lambert 2, Cabaye & Cisse 1. Debuchy has a chance of 1 too.
    That'd be sweet if it turns out like that. On 43 points thanks to Lambert, Silva and Sissoko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

roryc wrote: »
    Swansea have won. How will this affect their temperament going forward? I want to bring in Sissoko but unsure whether to drop Fellaini or Michu.

Fellaini will be trying harder as Everton want to get a spot in Europe, but Michu is more consistent and plays a more attacking role. Swansea's heads will drop, at least over the next few weeks.

Fellaini has scored in one game in the last nine. He is nearing a 2 game ban and misses GW29.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

points are in
    lambert 2 lukaku 3 for me

sissoko 3 silva 3 other notables
    dont think too many will be making much on them
    santi caz 3 also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

cant get much more accurate than that
    cabaye got none toure got 3 rest were correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

mailburner wrote: »
    points are in
    lambert 2 lukaku 3 for me

sissoko 3 silva 3 other notables
    dont think too many will be making much on them
    santi caz 3 also

Lambert and 3 for Rafa, raging Weimann got nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

47 after bonus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Sweet, 62 points, with Cazorla bonus of 3, Sissoko 3 and Lambert 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

45 now with Bale to go, would be amazeballs to break 50 this week.

Never been so happy to see 3 bonus! Thank you Sissoko.

0 bonus as expected, still on 26 points. Sissoko has ruined what was already a bad week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I took an 8 point hit mainly to ensure I might not have to take further big hits in the next few weeks, I got in Aguero(fail), Evans(huge fail) and Dawson(expected fail the way things are going). Berbatov was my only points except for Bego's extra one. I'm on 21(14) with captain Bale and Dawson to play tonight. I hadn't seen the FPL site till last night so I'm delighted that I haven't lost much ground. A brace from Bale tonight and a Spurs clean sheet with Dawson can rescue the week and hopefully bring me up to about average.
    I get the feeling that guys will be boasting about how bad they've done this week instead of the other way around.

I took an 8 point hit mainly to ensure I might not have to take further big hits in the next few weeks, I got in Aguero(fail), Evans(huge fail) and Dawson(expected fail the way things are going). Berbatov was my only points except for Bego's extra one. I'm on 21(14) with captain Bale and Dawson to play tonight. I hadn't seen the FPL site till last night so I'm delighted that I haven't lost much ground. A brace from Bale tonight and a Spurs clean sheet with Dawson can rescue the week and hopefully bring me up to about average.
    I get the feeling that guys will be boasting about how bad they've done this week instead of the other way around.

Took an 8 point hit too.

Suarez (0), Puncheon (1) and Gerrard (0) for

Sissoko (10), Giroud (2) and Bale (?)

Point hit has been paid back already (and then some) and Bale plays tonight. Had I not taken the hit, it'd have been a disasterous week.

Come on Bale!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

But presumably you could/would have made the Gerrard to Sissoko transfer without any point hit? Or would you have definitely gone Gerrard to Bale?

GetWithIt wrote: »
    But presumably you could/would have made the Gerrard to Sissoko transfer without any point hit? Or would you have definitely gone Gerrard to Bale?

Yeah man, I had toyed with a number of options.

I couldn't get Bale for Gerrard without taking a hit and I couldn't get Sissoko for Puncheon without taking a second hit.

I couldn't bring in Sissoko and Bale for Puncheon and Gerrard without either selling Sturridge for Pogrebnyak (thankfully I didn't do that) or Suarez for an 8.6m striker.

Giroud was a gamble. Arsenal were sloppy and lazy last Saturday. The only other strikers I really considered outside of an Arsenal striker were Lukaku and Lambert.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

16 pts (-4). Bale left to play. And maybe Demel.

D I S A S T E R . . .

Down 40k +...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Im bang on the average of 32 with Bale and maybe Demel, only dropped a small amount so happy enough considering the week that's in it and some of the other scores floating about! Going to have to try and make sure im boxed off for GW29 , but looking at the fixtures on the FPL site i currently only have RVP and Evra without a game but im sure that will change! What other teams may be affected??

Advertisement