Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips TV Problem

• 23-02-2013 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey folks,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this posting but I was wondering could anyone help. I bought a 48" Philips TV about two years ago (model number is 47pfl3605h/12) and in the last couple of months I've had a couple of problems with it, mainly to do with the standby function.

From time to time the TV will knock itself off and start over again when you're watching something (say for 20-30secs) almost like its restarting itself.

More annoyingly, other times when I go to turn itself on it'll stay stuck in standby mode but try to turn itself on so you'll see the standby red light go off as it tries to turn on but once it fails it goes back to standbys meaning you just get a flashing red light. The way around this seems to be powering off the entire unit and playing with the HDMI cable (changing it from the main port to the side one or vice versa) and eventually it'll start up.

There's no rhyme or reason to it, it'll be fine for weeks then it'll crop up for a day/few days then go again. Has anyone had any similar experiences or suggested ideas as to what it may be.

The TV is also connected to a UPC HD box and a Samsung Crystal Air Track surround sound system (model number HW-E450)

Grateful for any advice (and apologies again if I'm in the wrong thread)

RP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,644 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Have you got the latest firmware? You'll find it on there site. Copy to USB stick unzip it and stick it in the USB on the TV. Power on TV and follow instructions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,354 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could there be motion sensing power saving turned on, I've this on my TV, if there's no motion in the room for an hour or so the TV turns off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Could there be motion sensing power saving turned on, I've this on my TV, if there's no motion in the room for an hour or so the TV turns off.

Handy when "Mrs Browns Boys" is on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moved from Television.

Advertisement