Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen White BH Trail Racer bike.

Options
  • 23-02-2013 12:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

My Beautiful Full Suspension BH Trail Racer was stolen from the shed this morning.

if anyone has any information that would be amazing..

bikesv.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Thats awful Package. Have you posted in the cycling forum as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Package wrote: »
    My Beautiful Full Suspension BH Trail Racer was stolen from the shed this morning.

if anyone has any information that would be amazing..

bikesv.jpg

I'm living in the same estate, I'll keep my eyes open

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

thanks, ill try that,,

and thanks lars..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

needless to say package keep an eye on adverts,donedeal etc

hope you get it back

needless to say package keep an eye on adverts,donedeal etc

hope you get it back

yeah ive been stuck to them sites.. im gonna have to bring it down to checking once per day :)

• Advertisement

yeah ive been stuck to them sites.. im gonna have to bring it down to checking once per day :)

Don't know, but did you write down the serial number?

You could go to the bike shops around, maybe the thief tries to sell it to one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Lars1916 wrote: »
    You could go to the bike shops around, maybe the thief tries to sell it to one of them.
    Highly unlikely. It's virtually impossible to get a bike shop to take a trade-in when buying a new bike never mind them buying one off a stranger.

Highly unlikely. It's virtually impossible to get a bike shop to take a trade-in when buying a new bike never mind them buying one off a stranger.

You might be right there, the shops, I'm always going to only takes trade-ins from regulars.

But still, it might be worth a try, since the thief might have the idea to trade in the bike, never mind, if successful or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Balbriggan market on Sunday mornings. Plenty of stolen bikes there for sale. Go early.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

'The Hill' market - early Saturdays on North Cumberland Street between Parnell Street and Sean McDermott St/Cathal Brugha St. - always a selection.

• Advertisement

Balbriggan market on Sunday mornings. Plenty of stolen bikes there for sale. Go early.

really? i might try that,,, how do ya know they are stolen? are they all in great condition like?

spurious wrote: »
    'The Hill' market - early Saturdays on North Cumberland Street between Parnell Street and Sean McDermott St/Cathal Brugha St. - always a selection.

ill try that too...

however,, where would i stand law wise... would i call the cops? or just be a total hero and take my bike back while swinging my baton at whoever tries to stop me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Bring a lock with you. If you spot it lock it to something and ring the Gards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

however,, where would i stand law wise... would i call the cops? or just be a total hero and take my bike back while swinging my baton at whoever tries to stop me?

My younger brothers mate was working for a builder one summer and a load of his tool get robbed, he found them in the Balbriggan market and called the Gardai. He was able to prove they were his, sorry can't remember if he had marked them or had reciepts either way the Gardai told him to take them, so yeah probably give them a call when you find the bike

(The cheeky fecker took loads of other tools the guy was selling, the only was the guy selling them could say they weren't his was by admitting he'd stolen them from elsewhere:D )

I think theres also a market on North Charles St, thought I read about it in the Independent years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

at the junction of parnell st and capel,near the cinema - a place sells bikes no questions asked etc

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

at the junction of parnell st and capel,near the cinema - a place sells buys bikes no questions asked etc
    FYP?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

buys and sells

Advertisement