Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Camera Deals?

• 23-02-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Just wondering has anybody seen or know of where i can get a good deal for a Digital camera?
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

all depends on what you consider a digital camera ?

there are hundreds on the secondhand market ...but they could be 3,4,5,6,7 or even 10yrs old.

what specs are you looking for remember professional photographers were working with 4MP cameras as little as 6/7yrs ago .... now mobile phones have 8MP.

do you want a compact, a super compact, a bridge camera, a DSLR, medium format digital camera?

ask in the photo section and try to give them advice on what you want simply because they are not mind readers ... saying a digital camera is very vague - when there are hundreds/thousands of different makes/models. ....what do you want the camera for ?whats your budget? etc

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Corkbah wrote: »
    all depends on what you consider a digital camera ?

there are hundreds on the secondhand market ...but they could be 3,4,5,6,7 or even 10yrs old.

what specs are you looking for remember professional photographers were working with 4MP cameras as little as 6/7yrs ago .... now mobile phones have 8MP.

do you want a compact, a super compact, a bridge camera, a DSLR, medium format digital camera?

ask in the photo section and try to give them advice on what you want simply because they are not mind readers ... saying a digital camera is very vague - when there are hundreds/thousands of different makes/models. ....what do you want the camera for ?whats your budget? etc

Hi
    Looking for a new compact camera ie,Lumix,Cybershot... With around 14-16MP and a decent optical/digital zoom.... Thanks :)

and budget ??

theres plenty of places online to purchase ... some with better reputations than others... Ian Kerr (Kerso) in scotland does some great deals - but he is mainly high end stuff....dlk kirkpatrick up north (Belfast) are also very good - but again ... pro-level camera gear.

like I said check out the photo section of boards for more help.

Under €100..will do

check out the secondhand market ...because I dont know of any digital camera under €100 ...and certainly not any good one !!

• Advertisement

if you already had links to cheap cameras why ask online for someone to find you cheap cameras.

ok. ... its all relative, I look at them and see ...optical zoom (which means the camera more likely to suffer from camera shake), also the max/minimum aperture is f3.3-5.9 which means its ok for taking photos during daytime but at night items 5-10feet in front of it will only be photographed, it will not cope well at night unless the item being photographed is close, it has a number of "modes" which means you have limited control over the settings.

its 720P HD video - which is not what most people would consider High Definition ... 1080p is proper HD.

to quote one review on amazon for the fujifilm
    To appreciate the value of this item, you have to acknowledge its limitations which are the same as any budget friendly camera. It will not produce SLR photos; however, it does produce pictures that are as good as any point and shoot compact camera
    so basically its a camera and it'll take pics ...it'll take pics as good as any other digital compact point and shoot camera.

Personally I would have no use for them .... I have only looked at the fujifilm one but to be honest, you have different needs to me, if I wanted a camera to take photos on a night out or social event with family friends, I'd use my mobile phone purely for the convenience (assuming I didn't have a big camera with me)

What u think of the Sony W630?

Advertisement